Kennedy's in Belvidere

Anybody try this place yet? It had opened just before the hurricane and then had to close down from flood damage. However, it reopened a few weeks ago. They do not have a website that I could find, but they do have a Facebook page. It's BYOB which is why my husband and I haven't rushed over to try it. I think it's great that something is actually open selling food in the evenings in Belvidere.

https://www.facebook.com/KENNEDYS1NJ?sk=wall

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '12

Hmmm...Looks good to me. I hope someone can give you a review!

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jan '12

We just went to dinner there last weekend. The inside is just lovely, quaint.

They have a basic menu:

Salads, Starters, Soups, Burgers, Wraps.

A selection of Irish Specialties and Irish Dinners; Shepherd's Pie, Fish n Chips.

We had sandwiches; Cliff of Moher which had corned beef, kraut, melted swiss on toasted rye. Tasty. My DH had the French Dip which he also enjoyed.

If you are looking for a light friendly place for a quick bite to eat I would recommend.

Tidy
Jan '12

Thank for the info Tidy. Will check it out and review soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '12

Where exactly is this located?

kimberlysea kimberlysea
Jan '12

On Water Street just before the free bridge.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '12

I will have to check this out is it be for the tressel

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '12

Caged - After going through the Water/Market St. intersection, it's on the right hand side just after the little grocery store.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '12

A + Highly recommend ! Great food and excellent friendly service

Johnny-X Johnny-X
Jan '12

Went to Kennedy's last night and enjoyed it very much. The place is really cute. They have a few tables and booths, but also have a coffee bar type of counter where they serve coffees, desserts and ice cream.

The food was very good, fresh and reasonably priced. I had the Galloway sandwich which was fried fish on a bun with homemade tartar sauce, Horatio had the angus burger (which was a special) it came with goat cheese on it, he also had the cream of turkey soup. The friend that joined us had the black and blue burger, which came with bleu cheese on it. We all had onion rings as a side. The guys really enjoyed the burgers.

They had really delicious looking desserts displayed in a bakery case. We were all too full to try any though.

It's BYOB and the bill came to $32 before tip for three sandwiches, one soup and an iced tea. Would be a cute place for an HL lunch, but unfortunately they don't open until 4 pm.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '12

Kennedy's is great. We love the fact that it's BYOB (and, very handy, there's a liquor store right next door!) and the food is good and the staff is friendly. Prices are very reasonable. We wish them all success.

Pat Thiede Pat Thiede
Mar '12

Had dinner at Kennedy's again tonight. Impressed again. I had the chicken pot pie, hubby had the cream of chicken soup and the French dip, friend had the stuffed burger. Everything was delicious, fresh and made to order. Another great small business!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '12

KENNEDYS; Eleven comments, eleven compliments! Can't wait to get there! Knew if I stayed w/this page, it had to come out over it's self. Kudos to all!

oldsoldier oldsoldier
Mar '12

After reading these comments, my husband and I decided to cross over the free bridge from Mount Bethel, PA and give it a try. It's only 10 minutes away and we don't have anything nearby that is quite like this place. Will let you know what we think.

Went to Kennedys on a recommendation by our son, and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. Food and service was great and the portions were quite large. Everything was fresh and delicious. We really liked the quaint atmosphere and dark wooden booths just like you were in Europe somewhere. We had a chicken quillsidilla and a roast beef sandwich with roasted peppers and other fixings. Will be glad to try the rest of the menu line by line ...........OH BOY.........

Hello All! We wanted to take the time to thank you for all of your positive words! On Wednesday we will be debuting our new menu and would love for you all to try it! The full menu will be posted on our Facebook page within the next few days. Most of it has stayed the same with the addition of pasta dishes and some larger dinner items such as meatloaf, a turkey dinner, and chicken parm. We look forward to seeing you all again!

-Kennedy's Management
https://www.facebook.com/KENNEDYS1NJ

Kennedy's Management Kennedy's Management
Jan '14

We dine at your restaurant every couple months or so and always enjoy it. Although the sandwiches and specials are terrific, the only comment we ever seem to have is that we wished that there were more entrees on the regular menu. So glad to hear that this will change.

Keep up the great work!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

Is this where "George's" used to be?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '14

No, it's not the same location as "George's". Looks like it's in the location of the ice cream parlor that closed up after the flood of '55.

Wendy Wendy
Jan '14

Yes, old ice cream parlor. In between the Food Mart and the liquor store. George's is still there.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '14

Has anyone been to Kennedy's lately? We haven't been there since July or so. I heard that it has changed hands, but yet the original FB page is still active. Not sure if a new owner would take over the same page or not. The menus that have been posted on their FB page lately are of the pretty funky variety. Pumpkin quesadillas etc. I also noticed they don't post any prices on the menus either. This kind of makes me think somebody is getting a little weird there. LOL Thanks for any info.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I just read an article somewhere last night that the cook or someone there spit in a patrons food. GROSS!!!

buffy buffy
Oct '14

http://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/would-you-phlegm-pub-chef-spit-food-cops-say-0

buffy buffy
Oct '14

That's a different Kennedy's, buffy.

Wrong Kennedy's buffy. The one you are referring to is in Budd Lake.

John C John C
Oct '14

Yes, this is the Kennedy's in Belvidere not the one in Budd Lake.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

And having stepped one foot in THAT Kennedy's before stepping back out, I'm not surprised.

Fuji
Oct '14

went there last weekend - kitschy decor and ambiance, great service, they had the specials menu, no prices printed, as well as the old menu from before it closed. service was friendly and food was great and generous portions. dinner for 2 came to $50. will definitely go back!

kepa
Oct '14

What's the deal with not printing the prices?

Fuji
Oct '14

Thanks kepa. Good to know they still have the "old" menu as we had some favorites on there. Was it sold do you know?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Kennedys in Belvidere Buffy not Mt Olive ! This is how rumors start but then again your name is Buffy.

jerseycash5
Oct '14

Concerning Kennedy's in Mount Olive...even the NYC news media has now picked up on the spitting incident driving all the way out here to do a live shot!

http://7online.com/food/nj-pub-cook-charged-after-allegedly-spitting-in-patrons-food/359396/

The Kennedy's in Belvidere is in no way related to or has any association to the incident in the link above.

Ghost of Bill Beutel Ghost of Bill Beutel
Oct '14

So if they're not related, why are you all posting it in the Belvidere thread?

btownguy btownguy
Oct '14

Yeah these posts should all be removed.

Fuji
Oct '14

No, they should just be supplemented with correct information, as done above. I hate censorship and so should you.

Bruin Bruin
Oct '14

Maybe but I'd hate for one or more people to think that Kennedy's was guilty of such gross behavior. All it takes is one person not reading far enough down to start a whole storm of gossip.

Fuji
Oct '14

Kennedy's in Belvidere should hang a banner out front explaining that they are in no way affiliated with Kennedy's in Budd Lake. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

I heard the owner of Kennedy's in Belvidere once drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts and left some girl in the car to die while he walked home... but that's just a rumor.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '14

Didn't he date Marilyn Monroe.

I think he's OK in the kitchen, just don't let him behind the wheel, the stick or the rudder.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

So did the Kennedy's in Belvidere change owners? The last time that I ate there, the older man said that he was going to have his son that just came back from military service run it.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Oct '14

So I found this out. Different owners, but same chef and some of the same staff.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.