Snow Lovers Unite!

This is for the people who love the snow! If you don't have anything nice to say about snow, please go to another page :) I cant wait for the snow!! anyone with me!?!

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

Being from MA I love a good snowstorm BRING IT ON!!

bostongirl bostongirl
Jan '12

I miss it also...would be nice to have a nice little storm to change it up a bit

TFulp TFulp
Jan '12

I'm with you!!! BRING IT ON! ********* I can't stand people "oh the snow" "oh it's so cold" blah blah....It's WINTER in the frigen northeast...GET A GLOBE! LOL

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '12

LOL!! I knew i wasnt alone! :) its winter.. bring it on!

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

I am ready for a BIG snowstorm. There is nothing better to be stuck in the house with cookies baking in the oven, hot chocolate with marshmellows, a great mivie or book, and the kids snow sledding. I say...Bring IT!

Grahamcracker Grahamcracker
Jan '12

and lets not forget a DAY OFF if there is a foot of the fluffy stuff :)) i love sleigh riding with my kids. can't wait! :))

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

I only like big snow storms.....I hate when they call for snow and then I look out the window in the morning and NOTHING. Hope we see one before spring.

Nosila Nosila
Jan '12

Bring it on. I love it, even the shoveling!

Nutmeg
Jan '12

I hear you Nosila .. I hope we see several before spring :)

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

I want snow!!!!! Bought snow tires for the first time in my life and it is always frikkin 45 degrees.

TM

Troublemaker Troublemaker
Jan '12

Re: Snow Lovers Unite!

how sad if all I got to make was a Halloween Snow Ghost this year? :(

suzique suzique
Jan '12

Snow! Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Happy, happy. Joy, joy.

I know someone who would plow out any of the haters, and I'd get a commission in the process!! ;-)

If its gotta be cold, let it snow!

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Jan '12

Like Christmas didn't feel the same this year because of the warm weather... :-(

While most people complain because they hate shoveling snow, because it’s "heavy" and its "hard work", I just call those people lazy... so you got to shovel a little snow, big deal, at least it gets you out of the house and exercising a little.

TFulp TFulp
Jan '12

three cheers for snow! will this be the year my kids finally remember that when i throw a snowball way up in the air that they shouldn't stare up at it?

realitycheck realitycheck
Jan '12

i hope it snows tonite! :)

darlughh darlughh
Jan '12

Occupy Snow Lovers Unite thread protest scheduled for tomorrow Friday Jan. 13th @ 10:00 am sponsored by S.N.O.W. (Stuff No One Wants)

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jan '12

Clyde - Off to your own thread, it's not like you don't have somewhere else to go. ;-)

For those attending the "Occupy Snow Lovers Unite thread protest " follow the attached poster. They will lead you to the meeting point.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jan '12

I bet the snow haters are the ones that b**ch if the summers are too hot, and cry "ooh it's so humid" and "it's a heat wave" and blah blah blah. I bet they are the first ones to sit their whining a$$es in the air conditioning on the first day over 82 degrees. Oh and I bet they are the panicking idiots in Shop Rite too when there's a rumor of snow. So here's to them....may Jack Frost haunt you the rest of the winter and may we have many snowstorms!

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '12

love me a good snow storm or 2 or 3....

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jan '12

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

towny towny
Jan '12

i cant wait! :)

darlughh darlughh
Jan '12

what a beautiful sight!

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

what a beautiful sight!
darluggh

This is darluggh, reporting live from the "Occupy Snow Lovers Unite thread protest " for Hackettstown Life. Back to you Katie

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jan '12

IT IS HERE!!! and loving it

bostongirl bostongirl
Jan '12

"A beautiful sight,
we're happy tonight,
Walking in a Winter Wonderland."

clyde - how are you! :) nice to see you made the transition to the Snow lovers! :)) LOL!

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

Clyde - thanks for taking the lead on the signage. I will be at the train station at 7:45pm this evening with a broken shovel and an empty rock salt bag. #occupybeattystreet

We will still be there MOCKING err Protesting the snow lovers. Stay tuned throughout the day for darluggh's live reports. I'll have our Club Limo pick you up CR37

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jan '12

Here's that "Club Limo" now, good luck guys.

Don't forget to honk your horn if you get stuck. ;-)

LOL!

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

Live shot from the "Occupy Snow Lovers Unite thread protest ". Thousands of snow haters have hit the streets of Hackettstown, showing their hate of snow.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jan '12

Seriously, is snow predicted?

Sorry to interject, but from where I'm writing, it's 75 degrees, sunny and at least 99.9% humidity.

I'm coming home soon (Sunday) and I would LOVE snow... right after I land at JFK, please!

I cannot wait to take my first dogs-in-snow pics!!!

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '12

i dont feel like shoveling , but it is weird not having snow , i want at least 1 big storm

cowgirl1 cowgirl1
Jan '12

YEAH!!! what a beautiful sight! just a little.. but i am still happy!

darlughh darlughh
Jan '12

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!! I love to snow shovel, snow plow and most of all hiking in the snow. I bought snow shoes last year and want to use them..we had a bit of a tease last night now we need the real thing!!

A storm is coming....I can sense the energy! *********

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Jan '12

From BRYAN: Not a huge deal for January but looks like a few periods of light snow are possible.

Thursday night - could see an inch or so with some snow showers and/or a period of snow.

Friday night - some steadier snow is possible into Saturday morning. This could give us a few inches.

With the way this year is going i wouldn't bank on this but at least it's something to track for now.

Yay! :)

darluggh darluggh
Jan '12

I have always loved snow, it's so peaceful to look out the window and see the snow falling, I can't wait until we get a snow storm I watch all the channels to see if a big storm is coming and get so excited, my family hates the snow but they know how much I love it. Yes in the summer I do complain it's to hot but but thank god I have my AC and Pool

Any word about if we are definately going to get snow this Thursday night into Friday? And if so, how much? I was thinking of booking a last minute flight out Friday afternoon.

Renee82 Renee82
Jan '12

On our snow predictions thread I predicted 2 inches of snow for Saturday..Do I have ESP? We will see....

joyful joyful
Jan '12

It's (SNOW!) BAAAAAAAACK!! :))) zippity doo dah day! YAY!!!!

darlughh darlughh
Jan '12

The big one is coming !!! Cant Wait
Everyone Please be Safe!!!

bostongirl bostongirl
Jan '12

LOVE IT! :)

darlughh darlughh
Jan '12

HATE IT!! Oops....sorry wrong thread. :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jan '12

While I'm one of the haters..I'm very happy for all you snow lovers today. I can sit in my house, not have to go anywhere, and enjoy the day. Not having to work gives it a whole different spin. It's supposed to go up to 50 by Tuesday, so get those kiddies bundled up and the sleds out of the garage..Enjoy!

Bessie Bessie
Jan '12

As I have said, snow ON A WEEKEND, when I don't have to go anywhere, is quite nice. While you can put me in the "haters" camp most of the time, today's snow is quite nice, and gives me the opportunity to use my newly-purchased snow blower for the 1st time.

A day at home, blow some snow, drink some hot chocolate in front of the fireplace, what's not to love?

Had this been a weekday, I'd be VEHEMENTLY opposed. And all those that get to stay home EVERY day- that don't have to go to a job mon-fri)- your opinions don't count!!!! ;)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '12

nice Bessie and Jeffrep! i was out walking the dog earlier..so peaceful :) sledding and hot cocoa soon! Enjoy your day whatever you do :)

darlughh darlughh
Jan '12

enjoy the snow, but don't be a 'kill joy'

//www.click989.com/2012/01/20/video-killjoy-news-reporting/

video is in the middle of the page

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jan '12

my dog - a retired racing greyhound from Florida- "enjoyed" the snow barely long enough to pee this morning... then did a 180 right back into the house! Not sure if he dislikes it, or can't figure out what the hell it is! lol

Jan '12

found a better link -

whatever you do to have fun in the snow DO NOT become a killjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii63KGpvkGQ&feature=player_embedded

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jan '12

What a beautiful site !!!

bostongirl bostongirl
Jan '12

JR, I had to laugh at your post because my pup shivers if it drops below 60 and can't stand even the slightest bit of moisture. After last year's winter I would have thought he got used to it, but this morning it was funny because after doing his buisness he stood there for the longest time staring at the sky as if to say "what the hell is that falling?"

Back to the Snow Hater's club.....

Oh, and if any of you snow lovers want to enjoy the white stuff a little more, I have a deck, stairs, 2 sidewalks, driveway, mailbox, path to the garbage, dog pen, and path to the shed to shovel out after I clean off the car! lol... I would be more than happy to offer it up to you :)

If you are missing snow, maybe you should vacation in Serbia.

http://i.imgur.com/Ywsqg.jpg

Chris Chris
Feb '12

Chris - Are those cars under the snow?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '12

Supposedly. They look a little too perfect, but I guess the buildings could help it fall evenly across parking lot.

Chris Chris
Feb '12

Still an official member of the Snow Haters Club but these photos (from London's snow) make me miss it a little.

Bonv
Feb '12

Now for the playful horse

Bonv
Feb '12

hahaha...not sticking. Take THAT you snow lovers!! Hate it!! :)

Sticking or not does not in any way decrease the beauty of the little white flakes floating in the air. ;-)

I see it!!! I see it! !! :) wont amount to much (..famous last words..!) hahaha nice to see it since it IS winter ! :))) remember: i adapt! the warm weather this past weekend was just as beautiful :) i am a snow lover!

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

This is for the people who love the snow! If you don't have anything nice to say about snow, please go to another page :) I cant wait for the snow!! anyone with me!?!

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

Even if it doesn't amount to much, now that the sun is going down, it is starting to stick. Take that! ;-)

^:)
Its just enough to make the dog go nuts:)

blackcat blackcat
Feb '12

It looks so pretty...

reedfamilyrocks reedfamilyrocks
Feb '12

Isn't it pretty? reed familyrocks...just my thoughts when I just looked out the window. I want my four seasons...and will never move from this unless I have to..always something to look forward to.

Joyful Joyful
Feb '12

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I was out before gazing at the flakesas they fell and they are just BEAUTIFUL! Snowflakes are natures delicate creation that leaves me just breathless.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Feb '12

Me too Joyful, I love having 4 seasons...You are very descriptive in a wonderful way Wild Angel...Really wish we would get more snow...

Feb '12

reedfamilyrocks....I am feeling a storm or 2 before spring. May be short lived, but it's coming :) *********

:)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Feb '12

I'm awaitin' WA..doing the Happy Dance! : - )

Feb '12

Just enough to be pretty, and not enough to cause problems with the commute. I loved driving home last night. I'm with Joyful, just love the 4 seasons. I'm approaching retirement and I can't tell you many people say "are you going to move to Florida?" or "are you going to move someplace warm ". I can't imagine living anywhere but right here and can't imagine never seeing snow again. I want to be one of those people that run out to the grocery store at the first sign of snow and then come home and cook. I would never move away from my 4 grandchildren. I'm as "happy as a clam".

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Feb '12

snow friday into saturday!!! hope it happens.. :) we need more white stuff :)

darluggh darluggh
Feb '12

Ok, I must admit it does look pretty, but thats enough for me. Friday night into Saturday??NOOOOOOOO!! :)

When my son was a little boy he would get so excited when snow was predicted (he's 41 now). I used to love making snowmen with my children. Now he makes snowmen with his children. All we need is some snow. It's great when it snows on the weekend - no hassels with commuting.

Mindy'sMom Mindy'sMom
Feb '12

Sorry, but doesnt look like snow anytime soon. HAHA!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '12

Seemed funny to see this thread pop back up today and especially on the First Day of Spring with temps already in the 70's. I am afraid all snow lovers are out of luck this winter!

Joyful Joyful
Mar '12

Thats why I posted on it today. Perfect weather for the SNOW HATERS! :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '12

All I have to say, and I think I said this before....Is, I don't want to hear the snow haters complain that it's too hot this summer as they plop their tushies in front of the AC! LOL ;) Being a snow lover, I also LOVE the hot weather!

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Mar '12

I think we might have one storm

I'm with you, JL! Why the heck not....I mean the weather is already crazy, so bring on a snowstorm!

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Mar '12

Yes, bring it on. 29 years ago we had a big snow storm about 2-3 weeks from this week!

Magpie Magpie
Mar '12

26 years ago we had a snowstorm around April 18-19. I know because my MIL was visiting and my daughter was just a baby. We were worried about her flight going out, which it did. I think I measured 10-12 inches. We lived in Budd Lake at that time. Of course, it was gone in a couple of days but it sure was odd!

I don't think we're out of the woods yet. Something's gotta give.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '12

I'm with you Tracy..I keep saying that we're going to get some snow in April..it would not surprise me at all.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '12

I'm with you Bessie & Tracy. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a surprise April storm like the surprise Halloween storm. An entire winter without snow is just too strange. Please .... just no snow this Saturday or April 14.

Slade Slade
Mar '12

well we really haven't gone a whole winter without snow. There was the October storm and another one in January. Other than that it's been nickel and dime snows. I highly doubt it will snow again at this point though.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

"I highly doubt it will snow again at this point though." - Can I hold you to that? LOL!

I have a gallon of gas in my snowblower and I want to run it dry.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '12

I would like to do the same emaxx but i don't see it happening. Normally in late March/April there is snow on the ground up north and that would at least give us some cold air to tap into. Not the case now. It's melting fast.
http://www.intellicast.com/Travel/Weather/Snow/Cover.aspx

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

What is your long range forecast, Bryan? Are we looking at above average temps all the way through spring?

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Mar '12

You would think this really warm pattern we've been in the last few months would break and maybe give us a cooler summer (not such a bad thing) but until it does i would think we'll be in for more of the same. Who knows though. The 8-14 outlooks have been pretty reliable. Shows normal temps for a change starting this weekend.
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

ahh what a fitting end to this winter it would be. Some of the models show accumulating snow this weekend. Not saying it will happen but they are hinting at it so far.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

Doesn't matter if we don't even actually get it. Just the possibility means we don't still have that awful 80's that's just so wrong for March. ;-)

Of course, on a weekend. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '12

Wouldnt be the first time it snowed around Easter.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Mar '12

weatherchannel.com says 50's, 60's and 70's for next week. NO SNOW! DUH!! ;)

mona - this weekend not next week. it will warmup next week regardless.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

This weekend shows the 50's.

someone is toying with my snow emotions... lol.. im in spring mode.. snow is not welcome at this time :)

darlughh darlughh
Mar '12

you said it darlughh!

once the little purple and yellow flowers started sprouting, i turned to Spring-mode.. i adapt well to the seasons ;)

darlughh darlughh
Mar '12

Hell, it could snow ONCE A WEEK and I wouldn't care at these temps... it'll never be a problem because it'll melt. Looks pretty, now disappear. My buddy in CO Springs says that's basically what they get: snows a few inches, looks nice, gone the next day.

Mar '12

Right now it looks like areas like the Catskills and maybe Poconos get some wet snow Friday night into early Saturday. As for our area the higher elevations have a chance at something frozen. It will be a close call. You would generally have to be north of route 80. We'll see what the models say tomorrow.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

Bryan are you for REAL!! Come on, wth?

Just Asking Just Asking
Mar '12

No way. Hopeful optimism, imo. I'd bet my beer money on it (no snow.)

Mar '12

Lovely. I'm driving to the Catskills on Saturday morning to see my family. Hopefully nothing will come of it.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '12

I remember snow on Easter when I was little:) Only because my sisters and I had to walk to the milk machine to get milk and I had knee socks and a skirt on.

blackcat blackcat
Mar '12

blackcat: 1970, right?

I knew this would happen. I went to Florida for the winter and come home tomorrow night. Everyone said this would happen.

M & K M & K
Mar '12

Don't sweat it, M&K. It may be cold & wet, but there will NOT be snow. I WON'T ALLOW IT.

Mar '12

alright alright.. lets all sit tight and see what happens.. :) NO ONE CAN CONTROL IT!! LOL!

darlughh darlughh
Mar '12

how about that weather.com forecast now mona? haha i guess better late to the party than never lol

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Hackettstown+NJ+07840

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

Thats not here Bryan. Thats the higher elevations of Sussex Cty and the Poconos.
Not Hackettstown. Please!! Wishful thinking for all your "snow lovers". Aint happening here. :)

That is Hackettstown mona. Type in 07840 into weather.com and that's the forecast you get. H-town does have higher elevations.

This won't be a big deal but i think most areas will see some wet flakes and maybe some sleet late tonight, probably most everyone will sleep through it. The higher spots like Schooley's/Allamuchy could get a coating by early Sat morning. Not a big deal but after the 80 deg temps it's pretty drastic.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

Amen.

No accumulation, 0". So to me that means NO SNOW! :) Us snow haters still win!

Ah, the memories of being waist deep in fresh white fluffy stuff while skiing out West. Snow haters don't know what they're missing. Really dissappointed I didn't make it to WY or UT the past few years. Instead had to ice skate down the mountain in VT. Ugh.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '12

Ditto Mona!!! Victory is ours!! lol

NOAA says RAIN. Not slow, not sleet. Rain.

Mar '12

sleet in Port Murray! It's not snow, but it is 'wintery' LOL :P

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Mar '12

35 where i am right now and there was some sleet last night. Last night's models came in warmer so it wasn't looking good for snow at that point. You have to go into the Catskills to see snow now.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah! ;)

Mar '12

We got the sleet here too Bryan, but low temp for me was 36.

I second that JeffersonRepub! Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah! ;)

Go get your sled out Bryan and go sledding. Ooopss....wait you cant because THERE IS NO SNOW!!!HAHAHA!

Thanks for being out Willard Scott. He could never get it right either. JK Bryan!
You keep us informed and we appreciate it. Now go build a "rainman".

Well greetings from Westchester where it's... Snowing!

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '12

Well if i were to believe TWC forecast from a few days ago when they said it would be in the 50s today i'd be in trouble. 39 was my high today.

Anyway April is looking more along the lines of normal temp-wise with a bit more rain, though not necessarily anything drastic. We'll see how it plays out. We got spoiled in March this time around.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '12

Yes I know you snow haters are cringing when you see this thread pop up again!

Believe it or not we could see a period of wet snow late Saturday night. Not a given but the potential is there. Also there will be several nights over the next week where we could have a freeze and/or frost. Happy Spring LOL.

Bryan Bryan
Apr '12

LOL! I LOVE IT! Bring on some snow! *****

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Apr '12

Frost rules! Makes you feel GOOD to get up in the morning!! ;-)

I would really like some snow! Just one more time, smile..Was wondering why the Robins aren't here yet, maybe they know something we don't, ; - )

Apr '12

im in flip-flop mode.. snow can come later this year (after halloween!) :)

darlughh darlughh
Apr '12

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Apr '12

It will be a close call Saturday night. The storm is sliding a bit south of us. If it comes north a little more it could be a bit interesting in terms of snow for us.

Bryan Bryan
Apr '12

Getting some snow flurries here now in Lk Hopatcong.

Bryan Bryan
Apr '12

Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

The robins have been here on the mountain in LV for quite some time now. Have also spotted a few butterflies.

blackcat blackcat
Apr '12

I keep trying to ignore this thread...but it's not working

Nosila Nosila
Apr '12

Winter is over. I am boycotting snow at this point.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '12

We have had robins and butterflies for quite a while now. Lets keep it that way. Say NO to snow.

They're predicting a big snow season for the northeast, but not an early one....

http://news.yahoo.com/snow-august-steamy-now-forecasters-see-big-winter-173109124.html

ianimal ianimal
Aug '12

Happy, happy. Joy, joy!!

Happy, happy. Joy, joy!!

Happy, happy. Joy, joy!!

Happy, happy. Joy, joy!!

Fun, I'm due to give birth in January. Good thing I changed doctors so I can deliver in Hackettstown instead Morristown this time.

jrsemom jrsemom
Aug '12

Yawn. The weather people's batting average the last few years has been pretty bad. Must be the global warming... oh, sorry... CLIMATE CHANGE.... complicating their calculations lol.

Is there another job where you can be so wrong and still keep your job?

Aug '12

JR - I say that all the time. They never get it right.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Aug '12

"Is there another job where you can be so wrong and still keep your job?"

MLB batter?

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '12

I don't even want to think about snow yet!!!!! This is very disturbing to say the least, but after such a great winter last year I have no doubt we will pay for it this year.

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MLTGpHvlLU

So, Let It Snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2uvtl-1V70

Bring on the white fluffy stuff

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Dec '12

Well at least the ground is white now. We had an early morning snow squall come through here in Lk Hopatcong. And more good news - I am going to have to start 2 threads for snow chances next week.

Bryan Bryan
Dec '12

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready for snow

nosila nosila
Dec '12

I'm so happy that an HLer introduced me to this thread......I thought I was the only snow appreciator, It's wonderful to know that I'm not alone and the shame is starting to melt away. Lol

I hope this winter will be a real winter with an abundance of snow. Does anyone have a future winter forecast?

Sorry snow haters, I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers.

positive positive
Oct '13

Thank you, positive, for SCARING THE PANTS off of me! :-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '13

Sorry Rebecka.....snow was discussed the other day and now i can't help but dream of a "White Halloween" Lol.

Just kidding....that wouldn't be fair to the trick or treaters....but I do want a White Christmas. :)

positive positive
Oct '13

"that wouldn't be fair to the trick or treaters"

What's your point??

GC- It's obvious to me that it would be a hassle if the kids had to cover up their costumes in snow gear and trudge from house to house in cold snowy weather.

Trying to be diplomatic....I don't want to cause a ruckus with all the mama bears out there. Lol :)

positive positive
Oct '13

not sure how long it will last but snow is in the forecast!
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Hackettstown&state=NJ&site=PHI&textField1=40.8538&textField2=-74.8254&e=0#.UmckGnazKpg

-Bryan

Lisa21 Lisa21
Oct '13

I love the snow. No snow, no skiing! Actually like driving in it. Helps having quattro, that may have something to do with it. Don't mind using the snowblower either. Seemed when I was growing up that we had a lot more of it. Might be wrong, but I remember the ground was covered for much of the winter and the ponds stayed frozen. And my snow forts didn't melt until spring. There was nothing better than riding my four wheeler in the white stuff.

Have a UT ski trip booked for February. Can't wait.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '13

Did someone say snow? Winter?

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '13

How is a freeze and frost warning "hazardous" weather??

botheredbyuu
Oct '13

Love the Wasatch, MNJ... where are you going, Park City or Snowbird?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '13

BBU - hazardous to people who are growing things, like farmers. They generally issue these up until the first widespread frost/freeze or if they are occuring outside of the typical season. So you could see one for south jersey on Nov 1 but at the same time not for here because we, most likely, would have already had one that ended the growing season.

Bryan Bryan
Oct '13

Love, love love snow!!!! We have 6 snowmobiles and travel all over during the winter.

Snow is definitely my favorite season!!!

Darrin Darrin
Oct '13

Staying near the highway in Park City. Will probably hit The Canyons, Solitude, Brighton, and Alta. Maybe Solitude. Canyons and Alta are two of my favorites.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '13

Bump for those invading the Snow Haters Unite thread.

This one is for you, not the other one!

justintime justintime
Nov '13

i hope we get TONS of it this winter :) !

darlughh darlughh
Nov '13

Me too. I want to have an actual ski season.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Nov '13

Keeping an eye on the Thurs timeframe (give or take). Could be a nice snow event if things keep lining up (and they already are).

Bryan Bryan
Dec '13

I was just reading some of my the posts on Facebook about this possible storm. Something to fine tune over the next few days !

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Dec '13

NO!!

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

**********BRING IT!!!!!!!!********

Wild Angel Wild Angel
Dec '13

Please, no snow (maybe a dusting.)

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Dec '13

I love it and it is really helping to pay my bills! Also, it is such a great work out, I lost at least 10 pounds already from our last 3 storms...no complaining on my end.

If anyone is interested in making a few extra $$$ shoveling...PM me.

positive positive
Dec '13

Just in time for my husband to go back to work...

Tracy Tracy
Dec '13

Are you kidding me?? I was so happy when all of the snow melted so quickly and now this... I'm already counting the days until Spring...

Say it ain't snow, Joe ... say it ain't snow.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '13

snow would be PERFECT..

darlughh darlughh
Dec '13

Outstanding!! Great way to ring in the new year!

Hopefully we can get some "blocking" in the weather pattern in January to finally slow these storms down for some 1 foot - 2 foot blockbusters!

Screws up my work schedule

botheredbyuu
Dec '13

Do any of our snow lovers commute to jobs?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '13

I used to love snow. Now all I worry about is loss of power. To every one else. Enjoy!!! since I don't have to go out in it anymore.

Old Gent Old Gent
Dec '13

Andy I am guessing that they have the ability to work from home, keep their cars parked in a garage, & have someone that plows/shovels for them! Then when the shi**y part is all done and cleaned up they can go out and enjoy "playing" in it.

I actually love shoveling and plowing. Any chance I have to be out in it is good. If it's real bad i'll work from home.

Bryan Bryan
Dec '13

When I read posts by the Snow Lovers; I always wonder what the same things that Andy and JRT above expressed. Do the Snow Lovers REALLY have to go out and deal with the horrors of commuting on rt. 80, etc., etc., etc. Do they REALLY have to leave their homes? Or, can they stay in ... watch it fall .... have a hot chocolate or a cup of tea .... 0or a hot toddy .... and not Have to deal with the Bad stuff that Snow can and sometimes does bring along with it? Have they ever had a snow related accident that was Not their fault or actually nobody's fault ... caused by the pretty Snow? Truly just wondering. Responses?

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Dec '13

Bryan, Really?? Well anytime you want a little more time in the snow head over to my place and I'll gladly hand over my shovel lol!!

I believe you and I grew up in the same area, High Point?? I Have had enough snow for a lifetime!!!

MrsPipes, You are correct. The dangers on the road can be serious, but I bet our "snowlovers" will just say that it is because others panic or don't know how to drive... I've heard it all.

I don't take their love of the snow away, but when it's 75 degrees or lower during the summer, all you sun worshipping, snow bunnies better remember this. . I love those temperatures in the summer, wish it could be like that everyday :)

Bessie Bessie
Dec '13

Mrs Pipes - Already said it when it came up on the other thread. Yes, some of us commute, and yes I totally understand snow accidents. But still grew up where you shoveled almost every day, you still walked to school even during storms, and it took a snowfall of a foot at least to close the schools. I just learned it was fun, and its in my bones.

For all the Snow Lovers: I like the look of falling Snow. I don't hate snow; I just understand that it is not always a pleasure with which to deal. In one snowstorm when I commuted to the Morristown area it took me 3 and 1/2 hours to get home (thankfully safely.) My husband grew up in Snow Country (I sort of did since I grew up in an area where we got some pretty good snow storms.) My husband enjoys clearing the snow whether it's 18" or less than an inch, and we have a Lot of driveway to clear before we can get out period. Like you, GC, snow and cold weather is in his bones. We both prefer Winter over Summer, Spring and Fall. Snow Lovers, enjoy the Snow ... I just hope you are safe and sound and don't Have to travel when it's bad. Happy Winter to All.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Dec '13

There's no taking away the beauty of freshly fallen snow..it's the quietness that always amazes me. I'm not a snow hater..just a commute to work in the snow hater. If it only snowed on weekends, that would be fine with me :) Not to mention that we moved somewhere that the landlord takes care of snow removal..it's all good!

Bessie Bessie
Dec '13

I love snow.. and yes, I commute.. every day.. ! :) except the weekends LOL!!

darlughh darlughh
Dec '13

Then you're a much better person than me darlughh..I've been making my commute for almost 37 years (from Hackettstown to the Parisppany area) and have never missed a day because of snow. My employers know I will show up, it's just a matter of when. Some in my office can work from home. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I think that as I've gotten older, I dislike the ride more and more,even on good days. Just think of me in my Toyota Corolla with 188,000 miles on it and be smile and maybe say a prayer or two. :)

Bessie Bessie
Dec '13

:) YEEHAW!

darlughh darlughh
Nov '14

“The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?”
~J.B. Priestley

hktownie hktownie
Nov '14

Not the first. We had snow last week. HATE IT! Oooops......wrong thread. Lol!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

Magical event? World of enchantment/? Nah, for me it's more like a nightmare :)

It's enchanted, it's magical, it's that time of year once again.

Don't be a Grinch, it's time again to Welcome Christmas care of the residents of Whoville:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_GwSN_tNN0

COM-ON MORE SNOW!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Snapped this picture, thought it looked cool

Darrin Darrin
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.