Lacrosse coming to Hackettstown!

I heard lacrosse is coming to Hackettstown as soon as this season. More choices for our kids can only be a good thing. Hopefully the HS will wake up.

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

most likely a rumor

Prob not
Dec '11

Didn't they just cut a some sports?

Nosila Nosila
Dec '11

This is at the youth level and TSA announced it.

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

I could not find anything on the TSA web site. Where did they announce the great news? And who is running the program? Hopefully announce it soon because my son signs up this weekend in Long Valley.

Skipper Skipper
Dec '11

They said it at a football banquet that there would be sign-ups in January. It appears to be run by Chuck and TSA.

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

Yes..the banquet is where I also heard it.

citychick citychick
Dec '11

I think what he meant is that TSA is looking into starting the program. What he said at our banquet was that it was not a dead issue and that they are working on it. It will probably not happen until next year, there is alot involved in starting a new program, ie equipment, coaches that know lacrosse, place to play and practice, the turf would be perfect but it is my understanding that you need protective netting in place, which is not cheap. So keep checking out the TSA website.

townieforever
Dec '11

He did say look out for sign-ups in January. I think coaching and game scheduling are the biggest issues. Kids provide all their own equipment and I've never been on a field with protective netting so I'm not sure what that is. It's certainly not required. I'm happy TSA is running it. I would think since they know how to run a program they could get one started quicker than someone starting from scratch. I'm just hoping they give it a couple seasons to catch on.

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

I hope that TSA looks to other towns to help start a program, like Mt. Olive and Long Valley. They have started programs and run them successfully. I hope TSA does not go into this blind and ruin things for the future. One thing about Lacrosse and "Lacrosse people", they are always willing to help further the sport and keep the original ties and respect to the game.

Skipper Skipper
Dec '11

Thank God! We will definately be signing up!

Alison Alison
Dec '11

There's no real lacrosse league so kids (I think) are allowed to play for any team they want. TSA should prob reach out to the nearby programs and ask that they not allow HTown and sending towns to join their team. That will prob make some people angry but is only way to get some experienced players.

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

FYI, there will be lacrosse programs starting indoors in the beginning of January, and also open play times as well! I heard today that one of the Centenary coaches is going to start running programs at HSC. The website should be updated in another day or so to reflect the added lacrosse programs. FYI, there is Field Hockey at H-town Sports Ctr too. Both are new.

Julie Julie
Dec '11

Hello All,
My name is Bo Ingalsbe, I'm the Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach at Centenary College. In regards to this forum topic, I'd like to announce that we've just reached an agreement with the Hackettstown Sports Center (formerly the roller rink) to start up a modified indoor lacrosse league there. Additionally we are going to be running clinics, camps, and have one night a week for "open play" where any players may simply show up, pay, and play.
I know it's not the same as having field lacrosse locally, but it will allow the kids to play "in their own backyards", learn the game, and take weather out of the equation during the heavy snow months.
There will be more information forthcoming, but for anyone interested in learning more right now, email me at ingalsbew@centenarycollege.edu

Bo Ingalsbe Bo Ingalsbe
Dec '11

Indoor is a great way to learn the game. Tighter spaces can lead to better stick skills... Look at all the great box players that have come from our neighbors to the north. Good first step. Lacrosse is a great game.

BLocal BLocal
Dec '11

Great stuff. Hopefully it will lead to a program at Hackettstown High School!

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

Just checking out the Hackettstown Sports Center website. Only soccer clinics are listed under 'Clinics'. It does list lacrosse under programs but no dates, times, or ages.

LAX'er LAX'er
Dec '11

Yup, we're still ironing out all the details. Right now it LOOKS like we're going to have open play for HS+ ages from 9-11pm on Wednesday nights, with youth/beginner/advanced teaching clinics on Monday nights...no definitives at this point, but as soon as I know I will post it here, on the HSC website, and on the facebook page for both the Centenary Mens Lacrosse Team and the HSC facility.
We have also had strong interest in putting together a 5v5 league to play in Jan & Feb one HS league and one adult league leading up to the start of the HS season. There is also an interest in potentially a youth league as well.

Bo

Bo Ingalsbe Bo Ingalsbe
Dec '11

Any more word on the TSA Lacrosse team? I'm very interested but only heard about it on here. Nothing on Hackettstown.net or on the TSA website. Does anyone have any further information?

Alison Alison
Jan '12

I don't think they can pull it together in time. They should just go into heavy promotion mode for next season.

LAX'er LAX'er
Jan '12

Doesn't look like anything was ever updated on the Hackettstown Sports Center website or by Bo Ingalsbe here. Anyone heard anything?

LAX'er LAX'er
Feb '12

any news on lacrosse coming to Hackettstown?

mom of one mom of one
Apr '14

I believe it's dead.

Tiger sports fan Tiger sports fan
Apr '14

Move to Long Valley or Mt. Olive. Very strong feeder programs in those towns as well as a high school team. NW Regional also has a high school team.

Washington (warren county) has a program. They are already a couple games in but maybe call the director. Or for next year. There are kids from Belvidere, Mansfield, and other towns so I don't think being out of town is a problem .

http://www.wtyanj.com/Boys_Lacrosse.html

Just Asking Just Asking
Apr '14

There is the possibility of lacrosse in Hackettstown next year. There is an activities committee meeting tomorrow where it will be discussed. Also, a parent has been in touch with Mr. Mango. He will be meeting with Mr. Scanlon and Mr. Grauso to discuss this. He told us that after that he will call a parent meeting. We will keep you updated.

Indymom Indymom
Apr '14

Fastest sport on two feet. The great Jimmy Brown used to play it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '14

I wrote a letter to Mr. Mango the other day and he was very receptive to bringing LAX to Hackettstown. He will be contacting me shortly after the meeting tonight to arrange the parents meeting. My son and many other kids have either been in the Mount Olive, Long Valley or Andover programs for over 5 years.

HTown Lax parent HTown Lax parent
Apr '14

Mr. Mango called me this morning and I have a meeting with him on May 8th to discuss further bringing LAX to HHS. Things are looking positive. If their are any 7th or 8th grade parents kids that would like to play LAX when they get to HHS I would appreciate a email so I can give Mr. Mango an Appox number of kids entering that would be interested in playing. adinnocenzio@comcast.net

Apr '14

My son plays for Mt Olive 2-3rd grade team and we would love Hackettstown to have a team ........once the kids pick up a stick and play......they wont want to put it down!

mom of one mom of one
Apr '14

My son is an 8th grader who has been playing for 5 years in the Mount Olive Jr LAX league as well. I have been the assistant head coach for 4 of those years. We are getting closer than ever to making this happen. If you know of any 7th or 8th grade kids that are interested please have them email me.

Apr '14

Our 8th grade head coach Mark Yin also has a son that plays on that team. Coach Mark Yin is a assistant coach for them.

Apr '14

I have a high schooler that would love to play

Hockeymom115 Hockeymom115
Apr '14

Im pretty sure Mr. Mango is going to cover and poll the current high school students to get a number from the current 9-11th graders

Apr '14

Any updates on this one? Someone mentioned a meeting occurring on 5/8.

May '14

And what is going to be reduced in the school budget to pay for lacross team?

I had the meeting with Mr. Mango and Mr, Grauso and we both have a few details to work out and it looks very very promising for a Freshman team to start with next spring.

May '14

How about a youth program?

May '14

I heard that there will not be a rec or youth program until the High school picks it up.

I would be more then willing to help get a youth team started.

CJ thats great. There are quite a number of people wanting to help as well at the youth level. Mr. Mango is going to send me next week more info on a meeting May 21st that parents can attend. The more parents that will help with a youth feeder program the better this thing happening is a done deal. A survey is also going out to all 3 middle schools to see how many 6/7/8th graders are interested.

May '14

That sounds great. I now if we can get and adult league too we will be set.

The Hackettstown Recreation Commission has an open policy on supporting new programs for which there is an interest and able coaches. They would gladly support any new sport. On their webpage on hackettsown.net it says so on the document page that lists sports and activities. Interested people should attend their meeting on May 19 at 7:45 at 293 Main Street.

sports r us
May '14

Thats great! Independence is also wanting to start a youth program as well that Allamuchy and Htown would be welcome just like field hockey. We only need one youth program so hopefully the both can get together and make this sucessful.

Thanks for your support sports r us.

May '14

LAX Parent,

The Rec. Commission needs coaches and kids that will play. Are you a coach? If so, you should go to their meeting. They can't offer it with coaches.

sports r us
May '14

I have been a assistant head coach for Mount Olive youth for 4 years. My son is now a 8th grader and going on to HTown HS. If I need to help with getting the youth program started I will. I will be at the meeting on May 19th. Look forward to meeting you. As I stated earlier Independence is willing to start a program as well and have HTown and Allamuchy kids part of it.

May '14

Lacrosse should be played on turf. Ball bounces around too much if not on turf and also the kids suffer because more chance of an injury. Still cannot believe West Morris high school does not have turf and Mendham has had it now for a few years. If Hackettstown ever gets a lacrosse program who knows if the higher ups will let the kids use the turf football field. According to a lot of AD's lacrosse beats up the field. They barely allow the kids on the turf up in Blair anymore and the North Warren programs are a joke playing games in a cow pasture with 3 inch sharp rocks on the field.

Ron Van
May '14

We are proud to announce Tiger Jr. Lacrosse Club. Please visit our website and send us your child's information. If you would like to help out in any way please add that as well. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
www.eteamz.com/tigerjuniorlacrosseclub

Melissa Shurack Melissa Shurack
May '14

great job for all those that helped put this together.

darwin darwin
May '14

Awesome! What age groups Melissa?

Townies Townies
May '14

Thanks Darwin. 3 years of hard work from a couple key people. We finally have it now at the youth level and in 2 weeks should be buttoned up at the high school level

Anthony D'Innocenzio Anthony D'Innocenzio
May '14

By the way formerly known as htown lax parent.

Anthony D'Innocenzio Anthony D'Innocenzio
May '14

We will field 3rd-8th grade for the first year with the intent to do a clinic for 2nd grade in upcoming years. Our ultimate goal is to have a youth girls and youth boys program. But we are prepared to go coed until we can field enough players for both.

May '14

This is great news!! I have 2 girls that have been waiting for a team! One will be in third grade and the other in 4th. I will email the address on that webpage with our info :)))))))

tanya29 tanya29
May '14

There is a HTown High School board meeting on Wed the 21st at 7pm in the library. All parents interested in their kids playing lacrosse in High School are welcome. We will have parents representing kids that are in and going to HTown HS next year and parents that will be representing the youth program that is starting up in the spring.

May '14

Seems the age range isn't on the website?

hktownie hktownie
May '14

This is wonderful news! Many thanks to those who didnt give up and made this happen for our town! My son will be thrilled to play locally!

mom of one mom of one
May '14

hktownie Tiger Jr. Lacrosse Club is offered to 3rd-8th grade girls and boys. We are prepared to run coed if we don't have enough to field both the first year. But the ultimate goal is to have both boys and girls lacrosse teams and also a clinic for 2nd grade. We will be updating our website with lots of information shortly. If you are interested please visit our website and send us your information. www.eteamz.com/tigerjuniorlacrosseclub

May '14

Thank you to all that are pushing to make this happen. My daughter is anxiously awaiting the decision by the board for it to be part of the high school athletics.

on the run on the run
May '14

I am not quite sure why this matters because we are all in it for the same reason, the kids and our love of the sport but it keeps coming up so just to clarify for all of you are under the impression that we are or will be taken over by TSA that is a false statement. We have worked very hard to get this program up and running for our communities and will continue to do so as Tiger Jr. Lacrosse Club.
Please remember to visit our website. We are working with Centenary College and have posted a camp for boys July 28-Aug 1. Girls clinic information will be posted soon.

Email us with ANY questions.

May '14

Kudos to Melissa and the others for working so hard to bring this sport to our town!

mom of one mom of one
May '14

Lacrosse is a waste of time. Let's get the sports we have right, without taking away good athletes from these teams. And, plus we are worried about adding sports in our schools, when we should be spending that money on teaching our children.

SportsFan29 SportsFan29
Jun '14

Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport right now ! Come out of your cave,this town needs to get into the the present.We are so far behind in our sports programs,kids have to play in other towns.

Lobo. Thanks for your positive comment on Lacrosse coming to Hackettstown. This is a positive blog site and ignorant blogs like the one above yours are not welcome!

Jun '14

I don't understand the resistance by some to offer lacrosse around here. If your son or daughter is a really good baseball or softball player, chances are they will stick with those sports.

Metsman Metsman
Jun '14

yea it's not like the star baseball player is going to leave the sport they have excelled at for years to try a new sport. But the kids that maybe aren't doing so well at, or don't enjoy baseball now have another sport to go to. So maybe instead of 3 youth baseball teams at each level in town we go down to 2 in each level.

My only concern with LAX is it can be expensive if the kids have to pay for their own equipment.

So Melissa i appreciate you want to create your own program but i would suggest you at least use the TSA as a resource for advice and suggestions on how to get a program up and running.

darwin darwin
Jun '14

I will be signing my 8yr old son up for the Centenary summer lacrosse camp. Hope they get lots of responses! I also hope they advertise the program- the spring they offered one but I only found out about it after the fact.

mom of one LAX'er mom of one LAX'er
Jun '14

Darwin - Thank you for your suggestion but we are already up and running. TSA is a great program and we are working together with all of the great families, myself included, that are a part of TSA.

SportsFan29 - Your negativity is not appreciated. We are working very hard to give the kids that aren't involved in an activity during the spring a chance to play a great sport and to bring back some of the kids we have lost to surrounding districts that are already playing. If you don't want to be a part of it simply don't.

mom of one LAX'er - We are so excited to be able to work with Centenary College! Coach Klank has been wonderful setting this up for us. Spread the word!!

Jun '14

Melissa,

I just visited your website. It looks great and I was very impressed to see that basic equipment will be provided to the kids. However I didn't see any info on how much the registration will be. Can you give us an idea. thanks

darwin darwin
Jun '14

Don't let the idea killers get you down. Every good idea has faced idea killers.

Lacrosse is the next big thing, and its time has come in Hackettstown; keep calm and carry on.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '14

The next BOE meeting is this WED at the HHS library. ( 7pm ) I am told they will pick a date for the next Student activities meeting to hopefully finalize HHS having LAX this upcoming spring. Your support is needed at this BOE meeting to show both at the youth level and HS level parents are in support in numbers for their kids up and coming scholar athletes to have a chance to play LAX at the HS level and enjoy many grants and scholarship opportunities colleges offer. As parents standing on the sidelines and waiting does not do your child any justice.

Jul '14

That's the way to do it. Show up at the meetings.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Out of sight out on mind..............thanks Andy for your support.

Jul '14

of mind

Jul '14

Out of sight, out of mind.

We need to be heard ... a polite man who does not want to "offend anybody" never gets anything in today's world.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Hi all- If your son is interested in Lacrosse camp this summer.......Check out Centenary College website under www.centenarycyclones.com, then Cyclone Athletes, then Youth camps.
Camp is 9am-4pm each day (Mon-Fri) for $300

Men's Lacrosse FUNdamental Day Camp - July 28-August 1, 2014
Available for: Boys, grades 1-8
Cost: $300 ($350 for extended day)

mom of one mom of one
Jul '14

All right. That's what it will take to beat Mountain Lakes (boys) and Mendham (girls) in future state tournaments.

The challenge is there, Hackettstown, if you decide to accept it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

The Htown BOE meeting was last night and LAX was front and center stage.

The Htown HS Student activities meeting will be Aug 6th to hopefully once and for all finalize it coming to the HS in the spring. Nobody saw or raised anything last night that would put a stop to it.

Special thanks to Mellissa Shurack for coming last night and representing the tiger youth LAX program that will feed into the HS. Also thanks to Andy Loigu for supporting the entire LAX community in Htown and we all look forward to many great articles that he will write about it

Anthony DInnocenzio
Jul '14

Press on, everyone.

We can't get LAX (LOL) when the going gets tough the tough get going ...

They say the reason we hear those clichés so often is because they are true.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

So excited! Lacrosse is a truly great sport!

mom of one mom of one
Jul '14

Thanks Andy for your positive and supportive article in the Warren reporter this Friday. We are on the goal line now and should cross it on August 6th at the Student activities meeting.

Anthony DInnocenzio
Jul '14

I think it will gain momentum. I hope the summer clinics are a big success.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Are they looking for coaches?

I have played Lax in the past and have coaching experience in other sports. Most recently Hackettstown Rec Softball grades 1 and 2.

I would love to help out and help get the sport off and running.

CJ........Thanks for your response. To answer your question they have a Stipel ( paid head coach position ) all others will be volunteers. Until finalized thats all I know. I will post hopefully Aug 7th that it a done deal then the work starts. I also hope to throw my name in the hat as a volunteer......So we will connect in the next few weeks. From being a LAX youth coach in Mount Olive they will need about 3-4 volunteers.

Thanks again for your support. We will be in touch.

Anthony DInnocenzio Anthony DInnocenzio
Jul '14

I'd say contact the athletic department at the high school, immediately if not sooner. I'm sure they will start getting applicants shortly, especially once it is "official" hopefully next month.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '14

Is this Lacrosse program only at the middle and high schools, or will this also be a rec program as well?

Also - are you extending this to both the boys and girls or just boys at this time?

Just wondering if the other local lacrosse teams will have the opportunity to play with the Hackettstown team like they do with the football game during the pre-season.

Good luck with the program. We are a lacrosse family and love this sport!

Coralie Coralie
Jul '14

Coralie

it will be a jv boys and girls teams in the high school. The hackettstown junior lacrosse rec league is already established for 3-8th first clinic starts tomorrow am on centenary turf lax field. info on centenary web site what town r are you from?

Jul '14

The cost of the Centenary camp is too high for most, esp if parents are going to need to invest in equipment for the 1st season, since most area kids have not played. Would be great if the LAX Rec Group could do some sort of mini intro session this year at a minimal cost so kids that are unable to attend the surrounding camps this summer can see if they would enjoy the sport, as well as learn a bit about the game. Any thoughts?

Tiger Parent
Jul '14

All- The centenary college camp for this coming week was cancelled due to low enrollement. There is a chester camp this week as well as a camp in Mount Olive Centerpoint Athletic Club---the Mt Olive camp is only $200 for the whole week and includes lunch and swimming. I signed up my son.

mom of one mom of one
Jul '14

Anthony - we are you neighbors in Long Valley and look forward to hopefully playing you at least in the Rec league.

Good luck. It is a great sport!

Coralie Coralie
Jul '14

I saw that the TSA coaching requires a US LAX membership and an online level 1 class. I don't have a problem paying for that at all if I knew I would be part of the coaching staff. If not, there are a few other things I could do with the money.

CJ.....yes the Lax membership is $50.00 whether ur a kid or coach every year. I have been a member for 5 years which was covered by the mount olive rec board. Kids memberships all parents pay coach or not.

Don't know if high school covers the Lax membership for students or coaches. Will find out once all this is finalized.

The on line level 1 class that I took 5 years ago was free. When ur done u just print out the certificate. Also you need to be Rutgers certified which cost $35.00 about 5 years ago as well

Jul '14

Tiger Junior Lacrosse Club is up and running. We will be offering Lacrosse to grades 3-8 both boys and girls. Please remember this is a Spring Sport so as there are camps, travel teams and clinics running all year we really can't do anything more until we get closer to the season. We will continue to offer clinics and advertise other opportunities that are available for the children to get as much stick work in as possible before the spring season. We realize this is all new to our towns but we were in your shoes once too, you will not be disappointed! We are here to answer any questions you may have and help in anyway to get your child involved in Lacrosse.

CJ - We will be in need of Coaches with experience on the Youth levels. We will have a meeting in the future to brief coaches on all the Certifications they will need for the Spring 2015 season. Please visit our website and send us your contact information so we can add you to the email list.
www.tigerjuniorlacrosseclub.org

Coralie - The youth program, Tiger Junior Lacrosse Club, will be coordinating our game schedule with the North Jersey Junior Lacrosse Chapter (NJJLL) and we will be playing surrounding towns. Hopefully getting some scrimmages in as well!

Melissa Shurack

Jul '14

Attended the Hackettstown BOE meeting last night for the 6th straight month in a row. ( have become a regular their ) The student activities committee has approved both Boys and Girls LAX for the spring starting with a JV team. Met afterwords with Mr. Mango and the new principal Mr. Scanlon. Mr. Scanlon in the first 2 weeks of the school year will poll the freshman/Sophmore/Junior students. If the student numbers support moving forward we are a go!!

Thanks all for your support. Lets make sure our kids who are interested get behind it. The hard work has all been done now. Its now up to the student athletes.

Aug '14

Hey Folks,

I am looking into opening a small facility (6000 square feet) in Mansfield township and lacrosse training and conditioning is one of the sports on the list. I am looking into starting and going forward with lacrosse training/conditioning/skills training from the youth age on and up. I believe that 4 vs 4 (or 5 vs 5) is a good way to get kids going and forces them to play both defense and offense but that is my opinion.

For years I trained most of the lacrosse players in Mountain Lakes as a trainer (worked with the girls goalie and she went on to play at Syracuse University as a starter).

I am a Level I certified lacrosse coach (USLacrosse) and have been a member for a while. I am also a personal trainer and do sports conditioning for other sports such as volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc. I live sports and Lax is growing faster than we have coaches and officials.

I would like help as much as possible and if a facility is needed, you can contact me. Send me info at coachredge@gmail and we can talk.

I look forward to hearing from you all. Soccer is actually the fastest sport on 2 feet but in the US it is LAX :)

Reggie

Reggie Reggie
Sep '14

The high school LAX survey is being conducted yesterday and today for the boys/girls teams. Its a online 10 question survey so please have your kids complete it if they want to play HTown HS LAX in the spring. If the numbers don't support it there is no LAX in the spring and probably never come to HTown high school ever again. I will have the results on Monday.

HTown LAX parent HTown LAX parent
Sep '14

Where do I access this online survey? My son recently joined Varsity football and is definitely interested in Lax. Thanks!

I do not have the link per se' The students are getting it and doing it at school. Your son can get it if he does not have it from the athletic Dept from Ms Wilson or Mr Grauso

Sep '14

I go the link incase your son or Daughter did not sign up over the last 2 days.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/vt7mwjk

It take less than 30 seconds

Sep '14

Great job posting the link. You just screwed the survey since anyone can now take it and lie so a few parents get there way and the right numbers don't add up.

Ravens
Sep '14

Really? I mean Really? All the way up into last night I have spoken to many parents who's kids want to play and not a WORD was said in the school.

Here is what a parent wrote to the high school last night. I took their name off the email

I would like to give you a quick introduction to myself. , I have a freshman enrolled in HHS. My son has been playing Lacrosse for a few years in Mt. Olive. We have been in the loop of conversations you have had with a few of the parents who have been instrumental in bringing Lacrosse to HHS.
I am concerned because it was VERY difficult to find the survey on line that is currently out there to find out how many students may be interested in the sport. If this is your only means of reaching out to people I fear it will not be successful. My son did NOT receive information at school, only by word of mouth from a few friends. I do not believe you can get an accurate count of students interested if you do not give them the means to be heard. I was told by Mr. Scanlon at the freshman orientation that a survey would come home the first week of school. I understand it takes a little time, but in my opinion the information is NOT GETTING to the students. I know many who would like to be involved in a lacrosse program. Also, I must add, I did find the survey and answered the questions but I feel that telling people the cost for equipment will be $400-$600 is inflated and frightening.
I am writing because I would like to see Hackettstown High School begin a lacrosse program. I believe there is a strong interest and that our school and community would benefit from it!

Sep '14

I would not rely on an on-line survey.

Not everybody has a computer at home, some people don't have them because they cost money.

You'd be surprised how many people still are not comfortable using them, find them to be scary and intimidating and they don't know what to do.

Having a computer at home is an elitist thing.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

Thank you andy. Bring your pen/pad and camera Wed the 17th. It should be a good night for Lacrosse kids and parents

Sep '14

The parent just posted and the email you posted supports again that parents at home are taking a survey which was supposed to be taken by kids at school. The real problem is you have a AD not wanting to work. The same reason some of our coaches are lame. The guy is a lame duck. They post coaching jobs and don't interview quality people who apply. I have heard that directly from the board prez. He won't speak out cause he feels the AD will have it out for his kid. Which I have to agree with

Pro lacrosse
Sep '14

I went to the school yesterday and met with them regarding the survey. They admit it was not properly administered or explained well to the students. They made it right yesterday in every class and we will have a accurate count on Monday.

Sep '14

Pro lacrosse you have no idea what your talking about, really! AD not wanting to work is that because he's not doing what you want? Sports at that school are doing really well, the facility and chance the kids have is better than 90percent of other schools. Coaches are lame, if your a real person and not just like every other chicken s it in this town who like to post negative remarks, why don't you schedule a meeting with the AD and these coaches you call lame. You won't though and that's cool because your just an ignorant moron who likes to bad mouth on forum but not in person. You actually have one of the better AD's in the state whose opinion is valued amongst his peers and who gets asked to be on special panels. Be a man and schedule a meeting with this man and tell him face to face. Or hide like the rest behind your forum name and continue to take pop shots at people. No respect for you, you should run with the Taliban they also like to take shots and hide. A cave and a laptop would be good for you---talk about lame!!!

Funny Funny
Sep '14

Hope to see everyone their tomorrow night at the BOE meeting at 7pm in the High School library. The board votes on it tomorrow night. Its important that you show up in support. I just went over the High School Survey with the people who administered it and 156 kids said they were interested in playing in the spring. They forgot to add the question are you a male or female so cannot give you those stats.

Sep '14

hi Raven............what do u have to say now! 156 kids want to play LAX !!! in HHS school. Come clean who you are! My name is Anthony James D'Innocenzio Sr. You challenged people to come clean..... well I have with my identity......where is your set of balls to come clean with your identity .......crickets......crickets......crickets.......

Sep '14

Yes come vote for a program that will never take off or better yet vote for higher taxes as well because if you think lacrosse is cheap your nuts. They are cutting back on money for sports programs and lacrosse is very expensive. Where do you think they will get the money from or better yet you same people that want lacrosse(all 20) you will be the same that bad mouth the athletic program 5 years from now when the program is 0-15 and has 15 kids out. People will says what a waste of time and money. Girls team will never take off and boys will be leftovers and cuts off baseball. Come vote for all that good stuff----- see you there!!!!!

Funny Funny
Sep '14

just for the record I am the Htown Lax parent not the Pro Lax parent. But once again I challenge FUNNY!

Sep '14

Funny, chill out,you must be a townie!At least someone is trying to do something with these sport programs in Hackettstown.Look on the bright side,some kids don't like baseball,so let them try something new, Lacrosse is taking the country by storm,the colleges are following Lacrosse more then baseball right now, they know the future of sports! Anthony,thanks for stepping forward,and trying something new,change is welcomed !

Thank u lobo. I am doing this 100 percent for the kids. And yes their r many more grants and scholarships in lax than baseball right now for our HHS student athletes to take advantage of

Anthony dinnocenzio Anthony dinnocenzio
Sep '14

Anthony keep up the good work, forget the naysers,the definition of insanity is doing things the same way, and expecting different results.Also these kids and parents could use the scholarships and grants, college costs are very high !

One thing I've learned in this life ... anytime you try to do anything good for anybody ... there are going to be naysayers.

There are people who voted against social security ... civil rights ...

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

Great thread.... but I hope everyone realizes that there is way more money available in college grants and scholarships for kids who get good grades. In many cases I'd think that the effort put into sports, if directed towards study, would yield a better return when seeking college aid and certainly in career earnings.

high grades
Sep '14

If we listened to the naysayers, there would be no Warren County Community College today.

I know, because I listened to those naysayers at numerous meetings some 20 to 25 years ago.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '14

Andy you are so right ! Why when someone is proactive are there so many people afraid of change?Guess it is stinking thinking!

Thanks to all for the support on this long journey towards LAX in Htown. The BOE voted unanimously to field a JV girls and boys team in the spring.

Now the good hard word starts for all to work together to make this a success.

Sep '14

Does anyone know if this is a co ed or individual boys and girls teams at every level?

IndyFB IndyFB
Jan '15

i have been told that they have enough kids on each level so that there are seperate boys and girls teams............Lacrosse Rocks!

mom of one mom of one
Jan '15

Just wandering if this program was in the budget for this Spring or not? If they voted in September for the spring, wasn't the budget already done for the school year without the sport? I'm not sure of the time frames for budgets getting in. I hope that they do have the money in place since it was approved. Another sport is a good thing in my opinion.

Magpie Magpie
Jan '15

I understood that the athletes' families will be paying part of the cost and they are OK with it, perhaps Anthony can clarify.

I know from working with school budgets in the past (I've been an athletic director as well as a public information director) ... budgets do have flexibility over the course of the year, fundraising always helps, and one can "rob Peter to pay Paul." Happens all the time, legally.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

To your question on the other post. I was having problems posting up for some reason.

The high School will be funding the Goals/LAX Balls/practice pines/Game Jerseys/painting of the lines/Buses for away games/refs/ect. The parents as in all high school Lacrosse for both boys and girls equipment is funded by the parents. The High School said they would also fund the Goalie equipment and have the helmets recertified every year.

As President of the Boys High School Booster club I will be posting very shortly a mandatory Parent meeting at the high school in which I will have the new head coach and Universal Lacrosse in Randolph their to present the equipment packages to the parents as well as fund raising ideas from my board and the parents that are their so bring your ideas all are welcome.

The first booster club will be sometime the week of Jan. 26th.

The new lacrosse head coach Mr. Luke Mason will be at the high school sometime this week to address the boys who will be playing and collect their and the parents email addresses so we can get the information out.

Exciting times for Hackettstown a sport that has been long in the making.

Hope this clarifies some of your questions

Jan '15

Thanks for being a stand-up guy.

This is an example of something positive being done on social media.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.