vans' senior housing?

I read the other threads but does anyone know the actual name of the community or a phone number to contact them. Need senior housing (not assistance or anything ) just an over 55 apartment --thanks

My ex's mom lives there and they don't maintain it really. There is a hole n the ceiling, foundation is cracking, and the sink leaks into the downstairs neighbors.. Better off elsewhere.. Good Luck!!

Mom of Two Mom of Two
Nov '11

cf - you can stop by Leo's Lunch and talk to Van's wife. They are always so nice to chat with.

Mom of Two - thats the first I have ever heard that, I have only heard good things about living in one of their apartments.

Just Asking Just Asking
Nov '11

"There"? Doesn't he have like four just in Hackettstown and building two more?

The one across from the Hospital is known as Nisos Lemnos. The phone number listed is (908) 684-8547. I believe that's the same phone and address as Leo's Lunch.

mom of two..you are either very much mistaken that your ex's mom lives in one of Vans actuall properties..and i think it was you who posted the same thing about the leaky sink and the other stuff along time ago on another thread..or you are just plain out and out needing to badmouth Van Paftinos for whatever reason..what you describe is not one of his properties..i live in one & know alot of people who live in his properties & i can tell you first hand that he & his family are not in the habit of letting any one single thing slide when it comes to repairs..they are on it immediatly and perhaps your exs mom lives in one of the red brick buildings in town that do not belong to Van & you're just thinking its his property because its red brick...not the case..anyone who lives in "Vans-ville" would challange you to post the address of the property you describe..is it possible your ex mil trashed the place & never told them it was in need of repair? even so, i seriously doubt the downstairs neighbor would sit quietly while water poured through her ceiling..

Ginger Ginger
Nov '11

Does anyone know if they take disabled people under 55?

Christine Christine
Nov '11

Van also owns the apartments that are behind Leo's (there are a few that are a bit seedy looking but in general I think they are taken care of fairly well - though the newer ones are nicer because they are newer.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

Christine I would be willing to bet under the right circumstances they might consider it. The building on Center St especially.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

Not sure, but you'll have to check if any of them are handicap accessible. I can't think of any off the top of my head that have handicap ramps etc.

snapper snapper
Nov '11

snapper - you are assuming a handicap is a physical one that affects the legs. A ramp may not be needed.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

You assumed correct snapper. I am trying to help someone find housing with no stairs. They are currently handicapped (physically) and on medicare, low income.

Christine Christine
Nov '11

Liberty House Christine. First Floor.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

Mansfield Village First Floor require no ramps either...They are they cheapest around I think.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

Heritage House takes disabled under 55, I believe.

copygirl copygirl
Nov '11

Heritage House does take disabled/low income residents. They have an elevator to get to the upper floors. Mail boxes and laundry are all inside the building. It is very well maintained and all common areas are kept immaculate. However, when I was involved there, they always had a very long waiting list.

As for Van's properties, I can only speak about those on Center St. The apartments were well maintained, but the parking lot in back was not cleared well during snow and ice storms. I spoke to Van about it, telling him it was very dangerous walking to one's car. There were large patches of ice and piles of snow left after plowing, and I never saw any sign of salt being put down. He got quite nasty with me and told me I was just looking to sue him, which I had no intention of doing. I simply thought he should take better car of the parking lot considering he had elderly people living there.

Tanya Tanya
Nov '11

there is senior housing going in on rt 57, can you wait til its done being built? Across from diner & dairy queen

dora do you know who owns the one on 57 or where to inquire?

cf - Van owns it. You can contact his wife at Leo's Lunch on Main Street. The phone number is (908) 684-8547.

BLD2
Nov '11

i have to ask... do we really need that much senior housing in the area? does anyone know the demographics of the area?

I just hate to see property bought abnd built upon if if we dont have the population to support it.

I'm one of the nature lovers that is saddened by the overpopulation of people and the demise of the natural habitat of the animals.. and we wonder why we have so much road kill? its becasue we are developing land and kicking the animals out of their home :(

I believe if we develop the land, for every tree knocked down, we should have the developer plant another...

Well, I hear there are 200 more senior/low income units going in on Bilby Road...where the Hospital owned the property..

acl76
Nov '11

People are living much longer Dora and seniors are on a fixed income. I would say yes we do need the housing and I really do not think that Van is putting up housing without knowing whether he can rent them or not. He is a business man and looking to make money after all. Affordable housing is hard to come by in this area.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

dora --- agree with Firefly --- and also I don't think the open space across from Dairy Queen is a great loss --- there's plenty of development there already. I would just worry about seniors crossing 57 to get to the Diner!

trekster3 trekster3
Nov '11

So true trekster...It's hard to even do that in a car. Maybe they will adjust the traffic light some how?

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

Don't you think before they put in that housing on 57 they should have done a study on how bad the traffic would be and also the safety issues of seniors crossing. It's all about the money, how many senior housing development you need in and around Hackettstown?

pampur pampur
Nov '11

ALSO he is getting the town credits for affordable housing.

Christine Christine
Nov '11

Did I hear he was building section 8 housing out on Bilby Road too?? How many houses are enough? Every little plot of land is being developed in and around Hackettstown.

pampur pampur
Nov '11

I know of one mentally disabled under 55 person living behind DQ.

notreally notreally
Nov '11

Dora don't wait on him to plant any trees. He was told by the town not to take down the tree's that buffered the property against the houses in Kenwood, and totally ignored them, and cut down all of them.

Denis Denis
Nov '11

notreally.....where are you talking about..Behind Dairy Queen is the river.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '11

I don't believe the senior housing is Section 8. Residents there pay there own but a reduced rate.

copygirl copygirl
Nov '11

BRITTANY MANOR
2 HERON DRIVE
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, NJ 07840
COMMUNITY MANAGER:
DONNA BLAKELY
PHONE: (908) 852-6729
FAX: (908) 979-3050
E-MAIL: leasing@brittanymanorNJ.com

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.