American Beer Blogger

I know another beer thread. :)

Lew Bryson is a Pennsylvania beer and spirits writer. He is looking to launch a new TV show called American Beer Blogger. It would be a 1/2 hour showing about craft beer brewing, including home brewing. In order to do so, he needs to raise $60k by by Jan. 14th. He's raised a little over $2k so far. This would definitely be my kind of show. If you love beer, maybe you can send him $1. I'm going to donate to this "worthy" cause now. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1119215224/american-beer-blogger

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '11

LOL Doe she take paypal?

Christine Christine
Nov '11

Seems like a laudable project, but doesn't one establish a solid following while pursuing one's passion, offer value....and then go for the money?

The trailer seems to be reasonably well-produced, tailored to the typical American "TV set" (far more members than the old "jet set") tastes, but doesn't impress me much otherwise.

But hey, it's only marketing. Then, a lot of the whole beer industry is just marketing.

I would definitely watch a "Beer Trek" type of documentary (Stephen Morris wrote a great book about his cross-country trek back in the 70's - one of my favorites.)

So, good luck... This seems like a different model for doing things and I wish you success.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Nov '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.