Found Cat Panther Valley

Found Cat Panther Valley

Hello. I live on Mallard dr, right below the Crest and our family has been seeing a long haired black and white cat for a couple of months now, more so since the snow. It appears to be a female(she tends to roll around on the ground alot, but her fur is thick so it's hard to tell). She also seems to be getting skinnier and less well kept, so I am thinking she is lost or abandoned. She is extremely friendly and unafraid of any of our family members, even my four yr old can rush up to her without her flinching. Once I checked her over and her temperment seemed to allow it, I let our children pet her. I have alot of animal experience. We've been feeding her ever since we noticed she was getting skinnier so she kind of hangs around now and would be easy to catch. We've had her in the crate before, but I hadn't yet talked to an animal rescue about taking her. I have since spoken to an animal rescue that is ready to take her as soon as we can coordinate it. Obviously I would rather her go home if possible, but it's supposed to be freezing cold in another night or two and I can't leave her out there in that. If she belongs to you or someone you know, please let me know right away. She seems like a pampered family pet that would be missed greatly. . . .

Jessica Jessica
Nov '11

wow she is beautiful!

Hastings Resident Hastings Resident
Nov '11

Jessica - give Patty a call (believe you have already talked to her). At least that way the cat will be out of the weather, vet checked and well fed until either someone claims her or she finds a new home.

Jessica -

I live on the Crest and I see that kitty ALL the time. She is a sweet, affectionate cat who loves people. I have always seen her in the same spot on Yellow Billed Cuckoo (that back road that swoops behind Osprey) and I have seen her on the same porch a few times. I was under the impression that she belongs to the people who live there, or else I would have taken her in myself.

Please do NOT turn her in to animal control, but try to find her owners on Yellow Billed Cuckoo instead. She is my favorite neighborhood kitty and I wouldn't want her to be taken to a shelter. If no one claims her, I'd be glad to take her in.

Please keep us posted.

PVcat
Nov '11

espo - yes I have talked to Patty about rescuing her when we can coordinate it. Patty is amazing!

P)Vcat - She is a very nice kitty and I would have liked to take her in myself, but dh isn't having any of it lol. I do see her around the same building as well and had assumed she lived there, but once I noticed she seemed to be getting thinner and more disheveled we started feeding her. I guess I'll go door knocking tommorrow and see if she belongs to someone in that building. If not, I'm sure she'd love a place in your home. She's tried to get into mine a few times, although I can only guess why. I was assuming she was trying to adopt us, but if she belongs to someone over there she might just be nosy lol. Will keep you updated.

Jessica Jessica
Nov '11

Just had an idea:

Put a collar on the cat, with a tag that says - is this your cat?? Call me if so, please. And your number. That way you can touch base with the owner, if indeed there is an owner.

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '11

No joke, but I have seen a missing cat sign up at the corner of Buttonwood Dr. and Nestlingwood Dr. Up at the top of Schooley's Mountain, and I that cat looks almost exatly like the one in the photo. It has been hanging up there for a while, and I will take a look again on my way home, but I think that is the cat they are looking for. I will be back online later this evening with an update.

have you called New Beginnings cat Rescue? 908 914-2371

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/?post=287203#new

Missing b/w cat, not sure whatever came of this

Thank you everyone for your concerns on this cat but she is fine and in a loving home she is actually my moms cat and my mother lets her outside whenever it's nice outside because as you can tell she loves it and not only that some times she gets annoyed with the other cat, but again thank you for your concerns about my moms cat but she is very friendly and well taken care of she just likes to go outside when it's nice out so there is no need for animal control however if she does ever get in your way my mom lives at 41 marsh hawk..btw her name is pepper!!

Stephanie Russo Stephanie Russo
Mar '12

I have seen her while walking my dogs.......she is beautiful and so friendly!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.