Buddy's Small Lots...Ledgewood

I just noticed this new store this morning. Located at the old Bassett Furniture. Does anyone know if it is open yet? has any one been there?

happycamper happycamper
Sep '11

Just saw in the newspaper it opens Oct 1st.

woohoo woohoo
Sep '11

I saw it the other day also...what is it?

TFulp TFulp
Sep '11

Looks like a "Big Lots"/Christmas Tree store type of place. Opens Oct. 1st.

blackcat blackcat
Sep '11

According to the Trademark application___Retail department store services; Retail department stores; Retail discount store services in the field of general merchandise; Retail store services featuring general merchandise

Looks like a Big Lots, but that was driving by at 50 MPH.

happycamper happycamper
Sep '11

Sounds like another "junk" shop. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '11

we need a Big Lot store in this area. Enough of the hair salons and nail places.

Botheredbyu Botheredbyu
Sep '11

i went to Buddys today its a great place has Furniture to greeting cards, Tv to household cleaners. You can find almost anything there and the manager told me New stuff arrives daily.

John S John S
Sep '11

@John S..it's open now? I thought it was opening October 1st..I love those kind of places, you never know what you can find besides junk.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '11

this place is just is just what we needed Everything is really a great deal, i even found Protien Shakes there, While i was buying a Flat Screen TV.
They officially Open October 1st i was told.

John S John S
Sep '11

If they officially open on October 1, but some have gone in today; does that mean if I go tomorrow they will be open?

Tweety Tweety
Sep '11

Made in China crap........

Christine Christine
Sep '11

Pretty much the same crap you get in most stores..Have you been to the store Christine?
I guess we're back to the Buy American which most can't afford or find. Christine, do you have a lot of American made in your store or is it the same China stuff we get everywhere else? I might have to start shopping at your store instead from now on.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '11

Ha ha.
Second hand stores that feature "made in America".
In your dreams, Bessie.
Don't mean to be rude, .... but .... really !!!

happy girl
Sep '11

competition christine?

Botheredbyu Botheredbyu
Sep '11

The grand opening is Oct 1st they are open now though. We have gone there and loved it its just like odd lot in PA. They have everything for your house for really cheap. We got DD 4 Christmas gifts for $49 that in wal mart would have cost around $85. All costumes are $10 as part of there opening special the same costume at the Halloween store was $49 and is $10 there! It was in no way all cheap china crap it was all the stuff you would find at any other retail outlet for cheaper.

shoebie shoebie
Sep '11

We got DD 4 Christmas gifts for $39 *****

shoebie shoebie
Sep '11

I can't wait to go! Thank You everyone!

happycamper happycamper
Sep '11

where exactly is it in Ledgewoood?

Shoebie - there is Big Lots in P'burg. Same as Odd Lot

If your coming from hackesstown on 80 and get off in ledgewood its about a mile past cliffs right before the old circle on the right. Opposits side and a little before smiles if that helps

shoebie shoebie
Sep '11

Thanks Shoebie I'll check it out. Sounds great!

I notice they were open last night driving home form work....

candace j candace j
Sep '11

Is this another Crap House like Amazing Savings was??

MrNegativeNJ MrNegativeNJ
Sep '11

I took a ride with DD before her nap and it has a lot of stuff - lots of factory serviced appliances (decent brands), TV's, As seen on TV section, costumes, housewares (baskets,candles,dishes,etc) some clothing and rugs, furniture, boxed perfume sets, some jewelry in a case (mainly watches and silver stuff), and lots of kids toys. It wasn't totally horrible - would be a good place to pick up some holiday gifts on the cheap.

antimony antimony
Sep '11

DH and I took a ride over there today as well. They are still in the process of setting up and a lot of things were not yet tagged but to me it was more like a smaller size Walmart minus the food items. Some very nice things but definitely not discount from what I could see today.

joyful joyful
Sep '11

Unfortunately Bessie you wont find MUCH anywhere in any store that is made in America. its sad in a way.

A new store opened up next to me called "Discount Gallery". Sounds alot like this store. No competition for me. At least thats what my customers say. Stop by and take a look.(if you can figure out their hours)

Botheredbyu, I don't worry about competition anymore. As a matter of fact I take it as a compliment. That means I am doing something right.

Christine Christine
Sep '11

I know that Christine, I remember the previous discussion about what you buy "made in America". I think it was agreed that there's not much. Shoebie, glad you picked up those bargains. Will have to go check it out soon.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '11

DD wants an Ipod (shes 4) and will not know the difference so we are going to get her the MP4 players they have a lot for $25 ....I might go back tomorrow if DH gets rained out of work ill try n snap some pics for posters lol

shoebie shoebie
Sep '11

Christine - Does that place next to you sell new stuff or second hand stuff like you?

Botheredbyu Botheredbyu
Sep '11

New stuff................all made in China. Hours are very unpredictable.

Christine Christine
Sep '11

We went to Buddys this past weekend. I really liked it, actually, the prices were great, its like a discount store. We got a shirt that had a Kmart tag on it that said 9.99 for 2.00 and some really cute Mets slippers for 8.00 and 2 stuffed animals, little ones that retail 10.00 for 3.00 each. The employees were very courteous. There was some disorganization and some spaces that it was tough to get a shopping cart through but overall, would love for the store to stick around, I will be going back.

icicle icicle
Oct '11

Thanks for the update icicle..would like to get there to check it out. Sounds like some bargains are there for the taking.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '11

Christine,

Please ... give the place a chance. They just opened.

"Made in China Crap" Did you go to this store to discover this, or are you just bashing a new business and assuming it's "China made crap"?

Furthermore, Are you inferring that you sell nothing 'made in China' in your consignment, used item, second hand goods store?

It sounds like 'sour grapes' to me.

In this economy we should be supporting business, not bashing. That's my take on it.

Maureen B.
Oct '11

i got a jacket for $10 i love this store!

Louie
Oct '11

Me to You on Main Street, Hackettstown has some very nice items. Am very impressed with the way things are displayed.

wavy
Oct '11

@wavy, is that a consignment shop? Clothes or household things? I really have to get there, passed by the other night and it looked very bright and inviting.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '11

Bessie: You HAVE to go. It's fabulous!

Me to You is great!

happycamper happycamper
Oct '11

Mauren sorry I never noticed your question form a week ago. I am not talking about The store mentioned in thjis title. I am answering a question from the post above mine from botheredbyu.

Sorry you misunderstood.

I never said I didnt sell China crap...............and I never said to never go oin there.

No sour grapes for more The sweeter the better......

Christine Christine
Oct '11

Me to You is consignemtn - has men's clothes also, furniture - antiques, etc. displays are done very nicely and the prices seem good. Clothes seem to have been cleaned before putting on hangers. The owner could be a little friendlier, but pleasant enough.

wavy
Oct '11

What are the hours?

I am not sure, I think most days from 10 a.m. onwards. Sorry I don't have the hours, I just stop by.

wavy
Nov '11

Passed by there yesterday and they had no power yet..I would wait a few days before going. Plan on getting there myself in the near future for some Christmas shopping bargains (I hope)

Bessie Bessie
Nov '11

Buddys small lots was open today. Lots of great things. Great for holiday shopping.

pietra pietra
Nov '11

I went in here just to look and ended up buying lots of Ed Hardy stuff for a great price I love this store n very close to my house.

misselegante misselegante
Nov '11

this store is the most awesome store around. Prices are beyond great and the customer service was great. They carry great designer items. I just got Anne Klein gloves and scarf for 8 dollars! The manager was so friendly and helpful with my shopping needs :)

Maria Maria
Nov '11

I am not happy with the store manager rosa she is not nice and she is not friendly i like the store but I did not like her

Really she was more then understanding when we bought a final sale clearance item, got it home and it was broke she returned it no problem

shoebie shoebie
Nov '11

My daughter and I love Buddy's. We get great buys on cosmetics, toiletries and such. "Up" brand (Target) makeup remover cloths that sell for $4.99 in Target are $2.00 in Buddy's. Ok, so some of the stuff is is questionable, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say there's something worth buying at Buddy's for most everyone. The sales people are friendly to boot, at least whenever we've been there. Give it a try - Ledgewood is only a 15-20 minute drive from H'town. Takes me that long to get across town to Shop-Rite some days!

Coffeelover Coffeelover
Nov '11

i dont know about the manager but the women i have seen working there are very kind. i really like the store, and im really glad that building is being used.

icicle icicle
Nov '11

Stopped in at Buddys this afternoon to check it out once more. My first stop there was when they were not fully open for business. It seems they have a good variety of things, especially toys, etc. for kids and at good prices and the merchandise is clean and fully stocked. Did not find anything today but I would definitely go back again.

joyful joyful
Nov '11

I visited the store the other day, and i noticed they have low prices for mostly really outdated items. The TV's are all used and/or returns. They have cheap jewelry, and perfume. Their furniture is overpriced. At some point Walmart's furniture looked like a better deal. The guy working in the back was on his phone for 20 minutes before he even noticed me in the area. Then he came up to me and tried to sell me stuff, when i implied that i wasn't interested his attitude changed for the worse. The rest of the employees were nice though

miguel hernandez Jr. miguel hernandez Jr.
Mar '12

Its a hit or miss place, some items are a great price others are not. I personally go in there for just a few items: Target cleansing anti-aging makeup clothes, usually $5 for $2. Shampoo and Conditioner that costs $24 a bottle at my salon for $10. And my perfume, which costs $50 for $22. So on just those things I save

You have to look around, but if items you buy frequently are cheaper at Buddy's its worth it to get it there.

towny towny
Mar '12

i agree, it's hit or miss...alot of their items are close-outs, i love those Vanity Fair dinner napkins that sell for almost $3 at ShopRite & i get them there for $1.50 a pkg..also, i bought a beautiful curio cabinet there for $189..they delivered it on time & in great condition..as with most places like that, it's hit or miss..

Ginger Ginger
Mar '12

Opening a new Buddy's in Budd lk in old CVS building in Village Green

So they're MOVING already? They can't be opening up another one so close?

PetLover
Oct '12

no they are not moving, it is a NEW buddy's, as in addition too the other two that they have.

information
Oct '12

I wasn't really impressed with their prices.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Oct '12

Nice!

happycamper happycamper
Oct '12

Will have to check it out.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

Do you know if it'll be open by Christmas?

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '12

Another one opening in the Village Green Shopping Center soon

Thats what Bc said above cara. :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

I took a look the other day. Some things that if it was closer, I might stop in to look at again. But most of the stuff I was not that interested in. Not overly impressed. Having it in the Village shopping center might not be so bad - take a trip to check out Homegoods and Small Lots in the same trip.

Coralie Coralie
Oct '12

I dont care for Homegoods. To me the stuff is overpriced and a lot of it is not for an "ordinary", every day house. JMO! :)

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

Bothered - have yet to go into Homegoods... But just like Marshalls and TJMax - I expect it to be a hit or miss type shopping. Since they are all owned by the same company

Coralie Coralie
Oct '12

LOL, didnt know that and I dont care for those 2 stores either. Homegoods has 99% wild and outrageous stuff that I think the average person wouldnt buy. The "minimal" stuff that you would buy (dished, glasses) are all overpriced. JMO!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Oct '12

Is the one in Budd Lake open yet? Is it worth the trip?

grapes
Nov '12

It is open but I haven't been there.

Firefly Firefly
Nov '12

Yes its open. Was there last week. Some junk stuff but some descent stuff too. Worth checking out.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Nov '12

Re: Buddy's Small Lots...Ledgewood

all crap!! a lot of copyright/trademark laws being broken. look at some of the random brand names. like a lego ship "The destroyer" the word lego isn't anywhere on the boxes. instead POWER Advantage a CSS brand made in china, CSS is based in netcong nj

miguel hernandez Jr. miguel hernandez Jr.
Nov '12

I was there yesterday. They have a lot of knock offs but they also have legitimate brands as well. Lots of As Seen on TV stuff too.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '12

Anyone happen to notice if they sell Snuggies here? If not here, where have you seen them? BB&B used to have them, but not anymore...

It's a request for a Christmas gift :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Nov '12

Lori - Last year I got one at Five Below for $5. They had several different patterns too. Not sure about this year though since I haven't been there.

sunburst
Nov '12

Lori...since '73

tons of snuggies...snuggie everything! Way in the back of the store are all the 'as seen on tv items'

shopper
Nov '12

Awesome, thx sunburst & shopper! This was one of the requests from the angel tree, so I think I'll go tame with a neutral blue as opposed to leopard, LOL. This particular tag only had initials, as opposed to a name like some of the others, so I have no idea who I'm buying for.

For anyone reading this, if you haven't grabbed a tag from the angel tree yet, I urge you to do so. Most of the requests really are THIS simple :)

Lori... since '73 Lori... since '73
Nov '12

Lori, Buddy's has a knock off brand called Snuggle instead of Snuggie. It was the first thing we noticed when we walked in. It's the same thing just not sure if you want the original or not.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '12

Oooh, good to know. I prefer the original. The hunt continues ;)

Lori... since '73 Lori... since '73
Nov '12

Lori- Try Five Below. I got one a few weeks ago and it was the nice soft microplush one. Can't go wrong for $5.

Lori - If you are still looking, I was at Rite Aid in Hackettstown and they had about 6 Snuggies.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Nov '12

I was at buddys Saturday and bought 2 cases of pitbull for $4 It's 29.99 . I checked the date to make sure it was in becuase it was so cheap. I took 2 cases for the holiday. I also bought the new Batman watch which shoots on the wall ( great item) I usually go to the ledgewood or whippany store but wanted to check out the new one. PS has anyone ever tried the coffee its real good. I was told it is sold in Manhatten at top resturants.

buzzbee buzzbee
Dec '12

I'm just seeing this now. Thanks everyone, we've got the Snuggie!

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Dec '12

Heard a rumor that Buddy's will be opening in Mansfield next to the movie theater.

happycamper happycamper
Sep '13

That would be awesome to see that empty space go to use ! We just moved back from Roxbury while its not an everyday store it was nice for some stuff and im a sucker for the as seen on tv section :)

shoebie shoebie
Sep '13

That space has been empty for quite some time. I agree it will be nice to see it occupied.

Not a rumor. Saw the sign for it yesterday, along with the new sign for Bowtie Cinemas.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '13

anyone know where they are giving out applications for jobs at Buddys

skyblue2 skyblue2
Oct '13

Yep, Buddy's is coming to Mansfield.

Last winter, for answering a WRNJ trivia question on Dave Kelber's show, I got a $50 gift certificate for Buddy's in Budd Lake.

You would not believe all the cool stuff I got with that 50 bucks.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Oct '13

Seriously, I feel I owe them a plug in return for all the stuff I got.

I almost felt guilty loading it all into the tailgate of my station wagon. I could spend three times as much at other places and not get as much.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Oct '13

Is now open!

happycamper happycamper
Nov '13

Stopped into Buddy's to shop not so in pressed same old ,fell off the back of a truck stuff, with no -speaking English shelf stockers,.....

sassy Mommmy
Nov '13

Found a cute pair of kids Halloween sneakers for $5 at the one in Budd Lake. I think it's one of those places where you wander around and sometimes you find something.

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '13

I like little buddy's it has great stuff.I shop there a lot.

pearl pearl
Nov '13

Have any of you ever bought furniture from them? My sister wants to buy sofas from them and she's not sure if she should do it or not.

luvjazz luvjazz
Dec '13

I saw sign on the side of a truck for 50% off at the store in Budd Lake - are they closing?

stressed out stressed out
Jun '14

I saw a sign that said they were moving the Budd Lake location, but I don't know where it's going.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Jun '14

They are already closed.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '14

It's not closed. Was just by there yesterday.

Cathie Cathie
Jun '14

Budd lake store was closed when I went there Wednesday about 11am

Jun '14

The Budd Lake store was open this afternoon around 2:30 P.M. Big Clearance signs all over the windows and on the truck in the parking lot.

Those signs and that truck will be there for a couple of years! Trading Post does the samething. False alarm moving going out of biz to get people in on the false hopes of great cheap stuff.

MickyD
Jul '14

Must have opened late the day I stopped by. Doors locked and no one around. Will check tomorrow too.

Jul '14

The lady in the Mansfield store said the budd lake store was going to be a clearance store.

Baby Blues
Jul '14

Stopped in the Budd Lake store this morning. Checked out and cashier said, "here is your free gift". I thought cool, chips. Haha!
Got in the car and pulled out bag and it was coffee, that expired JUNE 11, 2014. Really? SMH!

Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.