Hackettstown pool opening

Does any one when the Hackettstown pool opens for the season?

Scottie C
Jun '08

the Saturday after the schools get out i think its the june 22nd

Mike
Jun '08

POOL OPENING JUNE 21, 2008 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 1, 2008

found info here: http://www.hackettstown.net/Municipal/Recreation/index.htm

jenninjgirl jenninjgirl Message jenninjgirl
Jun '08

ok one day late lol my bad

Mike
Jun '08

Do you have to be a resident of Hackettstown to use the pool? If not, anyone know the fee to use?

Thanks!

Anne Anne Message Anne
Jun '08

If you click on the link above and go all the way to the bottom of the page there you will find the flier for the H'town pool application. There are resident and non-resident fees. That flier should answer most of your questions.

jenninjgirl jenninjgirl Message jenninjgirl
Jun '08

I heard that during the week all the day camps are there and that is really crowded.
Is it ture they just run around and no one realy watches them?

The pool is run very tight. There is absolutely no horse playing.........It can get crowded at times. But rest assure they are not there more than 2 hours. (the camps that is)It does however get very crowded on the weekends. The hotter it is the more people go to the pool.

Christine Christine Message Christine
Jun '08

Christine is right - the pool does get very crowded on the weekends. And there are a lot of kids when the camps come during the week but the guards do a wonderful job managing the kids. They must get so tired of saying, "No running". For the price it's a great asset for Hackettstown. I find the best time to go is later in the afternoon. It's still warm but a lot of people have left and it's great.

We usually go after 3 PM (we eat dinner late) and stay for a few hours before coming home to make dinner. By 3 all the camps are clearing out. The pool is very well run. They will ask people to leave if their behavior is not appropriate. We try to avoid the weekends as it is very crowded.

Kate S. Kate S. Message Kate S.
Jun '08

what time do they open

maria maria Message maria
Jun '08

Noon - 8 P.M. (weather conditions permitting)

Does anyone know if the pool is open on the Fourth of July? Thanks!

JenMCo JenMCo Message JenMCo
Jun '08

The pool is open every day, weather permitting, including holidays.

awake awake Message awake
Jun '08

Thank you!!

JenMCo JenMCo Message JenMCo
Jun '08

is the pool well kept? Is it clean?

HTOWN
Jul '08

"is the pool well kept? Is it clean?"

A BIG YES............very clean and well maintained. They do not allow any monkey business and food is not allowed as well.

I think it is well kept. On occasions like the weekends when it is very crowded or a very hot spell it sometimes gets grungy looking with all the grass going in. But for the most part the grounds are kept nicely. They are pretty strict that you can't eat on the lawn areas but only in the snackbar if you buy food or outside the gate if you bring lunch.

Jul '08

does anyone know if July 3rd is considered part of the "holiday" rate and also, what is the age limit for the "child" rate?

LVMom
Jul '08

July 4th is the holiday rate day. Not sure about the age.

Jul '08

no only july 4 and labor day are holidays and the kid age is 17 and under

Poolie
Jul '08

If you go to www.hackettstown.net and go to recreation, they have all the pool info.

Jul '08

I'm planning to check out the pool with my kids (3 and 5) soon. I think they'll love it. Are they allowed to wear swimmies in the pool? Do they have chairs there or do we bring our own? Do I have to pay for the kids? I'll definitely go during the week, not on a weekend.

amelie
Jul '08

No swimmies allowed in town pool. You have to bring your own chairs, and I believe you dont have to pay for kids under 5. Here is the website

http://www.hackettstown.net/Municipal/Recr...ation/index.htm

Jul '08

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.