Quick Chek

Anyone else notice that the Quick Check on 517 near Bilby Rd ain't so quick? Mainly, it seems like they are so completely disorganized. Their customer service is way off as well. Their employees never pay attention to the customer, to the point where they either missed some of my items at check out or added too many. Then they have sidebar conversations and it takes forever to check out. Last night, some girl just left behind the counter to buy her boyfriend a sandwich. The gas pumps are insane too. They have well over 10 pumps but only keep 2 - 4 open. I once saw a line for gas that stretched to 517, stupid and dangerous. I would say that I would go to one of the other two Quick Cheks we have in town, but why should I give them my business. It's time to be a picky consumer I feel. Bring back good old fashioned customer service.

Fixer
Aug '11

I go to quick check often, it depends upon who is working - early mornings easy to run in, get gas and coffee - usually quite fast - when the afternoon hits, it is sometimes different, late at night - easy....

pmnsk pmnsk
Aug '11

Mountain Ave is always pleasant, the coffee is fresh, sandwiches are fresh and place is clean. No gas of the fuel kind, though.

acl76
Aug '11

Never had a problem at Quick Chek on 517. My experience is total opposite. Love them an the gas people are always very nice and helpful.

INeedMoreCowbell INeedMoreCowbell
Aug '11

the 517 Quick Chek is not as good as the other two all ways out of stuff and small they just want gas sales

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Aug '11

I stop at the 517 Quick Chek a few nigbts a week for coffee , usually around 9pm. They almost always have only one pot of coffee available. There should be more. I have been stopping at locations closer to work recently and those locations have nearly every type and flavor brewing at the same time of night.

I can say that I have never really had a problem with them either. Every once in awhile it will take longer than usual to get my gas pumped because either they are busy or what not. Otherwise I like going there. They will ask how much gas I need and repeat it to me, which I think is nice so there wont be a screw up. The crew that works inside is generally great as well and very friendly and on several occasions have wished me a nice day. Of course if you go Quick Check in the morning or around rush hour things will take longer, but that is at any place similar to it.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Aug '11

It may depend of the time of day. I have had good and bad experiences there. The gas attendant was super nice and helpful to me when I went more recently. There was only one guy working in the store and he was trying to do too much running back and forth. Seems like they may be understaffed at times. A few year ago there was a younger guy that worked there that was not very nice. I had more than a few items and some bottles of things and he did not bag it up and after he rung me up he walked away. I usually don't have a lot of stuff where a bag is needed but at that time I did and I was also pregnant too which made me wanting a bag to carry out. I like the Stiger St. and Mountain Ave. too. They are pretty good at both those locations as well.

youngnfresh youngnfresh
Aug '11

There are some ordinances about how many pumps they can have open at certain times of the day. When they first open one of the managers mentioned they have to monitor the volume of gas sold because they are 24 hours.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Aug '11

I haven't had a problem when filling up with gas, but I don't go inside much. I find I wait the longest around 4 pm, which I believe is shift change at M&M.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Aug '11

You CAN bring back “good old customer service” when you start paying your employees like it means something. You don’t see any career store clerks…why? Because the pay is minimum wage. I’m sorry, but minimum wage is bull$hit, you can’t survive on $7.25 an hour. I guarantee if you paid a store clerk, gas pump attendee, sandwich maker, coffee maker, something substantial you would have the most pleasant experience ever. But companies won’t which is why most of those jobs are held by highschool kids.

TFulp TFulp
Aug '11

TFulp - So you are saying that if you paid high school kids $15 an hour to pump gas, they would be better at it? Or are you saying if the pay was $15 an hour you wouldn't get high school kids, you would get college graduates who are making a career step up?

Troublemaker

Troublemaker Troublemaker
Aug '11

Quick Chek is very responsive to complaints. Either say something on their Facebook page or email from their website and you'll get a quick response by them.

There is definitely a difference between the 517 and the Mountain Avenue Quik Cheks.
I've never had any real problems with the 517 one, but I would give an A+ for customer service at Mountain Avenue and I go in there a lot, all different times of day. I think it's a good idea to compliment them when you get good service. Even though their pay may be minimum, it's always nice to hear that you are appreciated.

joygail joygail
Aug '11

The 3 times I went to the one on 517 was a huge hassle. Haven't been back since.

Christine Christine
Aug '11

Never had a problem with any of them...I do find the Stiger Street worker's to be very polite and the line usually moves pretty quickly, especially when I use the self check out. I go to Quick Chek fairly often for gas and have never had an issue with their service. I do think they are understaffed at times but I don't take it out on the workers, they're usually pretty busy running back and forth to several pumps.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '11

I had a couple of experiences with poor service at the Mountain Ave quick check - both when the workers were audibly chatting while customers were waiting - I really don't mind waiting if there is simply a lot of work to do, but when the workers obviously don't care whether customers are waiting while they continue to discuss their night out, it is frustrating... the 517 quick check has been good most times I have gone, the few times I have had to wait were typically related to customer volume in my experiences

pmnsk pmnsk
Aug '11

why are we all in such a rush ? quick quick stop talking and ring me up .now now now . omg the guy in front of me is doing the speed limit and i want to go faster faster faster. wher are we rushing to WHERE ?
a early grave dont be late ,

Aug '11

This thread is dumb. If you don’t like it, don’t go there. Done.

Hummm while on the topic of Quick Chek.....there was word of one going in out here in the sticks! There was talk of a proposal to put one in at the corner of Rt 519 and Rt 46 in White Twp.

Anyone out there in the know on that one?

sometimes the lines are so long and that's at any of the 3 here in town..the one issue that reallly gets me is a couple times i ordered a toasted bagle at the one on Stiger St and had to ask the clerk to please use a different knife than the one she just uused to cut the sandwich she just made..she looked at me like i had two heads..sorry, ii dont want my toasted cinnamon raisin bagle to taste like the previous guys salami sub w/onions..you hhave to watch that w/them.

Ginger Ginger
Aug '11

@Troublemaker:
What I am saying is that you will get employees who will probably generally care about the service that they are providing. Let’s face it, the only, and I mean really the ONLY way your employer can show you they appreciate you is how well you are being compensated. Yes they can verbally complement you, but at the end of the day, money talks. “Thank you” and “great job” don’t pay my bills….and I’m sure they don’t pay yours either…lol

TFulp TFulp
Aug '11

What do you folks expect for $8 per hour with virtually no benefits. Some folks work hard but many others are alienated.

I think their subs have really gone down hill. They used to be the best, that goes for all locations.

AliciaStill AliciaStill
Aug '11

I agree with AliciaStill that their subs have changed. A few yrs. ago they were the best.
I hardly ever order them anymore.

joygail joygail
Aug '11

I got a 2.99 sub and when the girl handed it to me it was the size of a hot dog. was more like an appetizer.

Ginger,
Oh c'mon now...You're no fun!

;)

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Aug '11

Fixer, I apologize. Please contact Heather at hvansaders@qchek.com with the details so that we can address it with you personally.
Thanks,
John Schaninger
VP Sales and Marketing
Quick Chek

John Schaninger John Schaninger
Aug '11

their subs went down hill when they put up the computer screen to order subs you have lost the human factor the speaking to some one as they create your sub . just rool them of the line subs like a new toyota wambam thank you Ma'am

Aug '11

A few years ago I was at the stiger and 46 location. The woman behind the deli counter spoke literally no English, and I ended up having some punk 16 year old with a flat brimmed hat scream at me because he had to come over and help. I complained to the QC office and received no response. The company likes to come off as having their act together but in reality it's screwed up from the top to the bottom, and it shows.

Love going to 517 for the gas. The prices are seemingly lower and the attendants don't try and scam you like the ones at Shell. As for the store? It's clean and well-stocked. I don't put much value on customer service in a convenience store. I try and be friendly to the clerks and empathize with their wages and hours. I will, however, tout the customer service at 7-11.

kudos to the vp for responding esp. with his name! there's some hospitality for ya fixer.

charliebrown charliebrown
Sep '11

I won't give them my business anymore and between both trucks needing gas all the time we are there alot. Here's the scoop. This past Saturday, as my husband was driving up Bilby rd. something popped in his engine, he pulled in cause that was his destination anyway, and looked under the truck, loose hoses and a new radiator were the fix, but when he went inside to ask to use the phone to call me, cause he left his home ( only running out for 5 min) they told him "No", a good samaritan let him borrow theirs to call me to pick him up. While I was in there getting myself a coffee, he went back in to ask if they had a phone book or a number to a towing Co. He was told "Nope". Another good samartian gave him a number to a friend who has a towing business in town and he called him right away, truck towed, issue fixed.
Really, Quick Check? No phone book, or www. yellowpages.com? Thanks for nothing!

Luckygirl Luckygirl
Sep '11

The one on Mountain Avenue smells really bad, kind of a propane gas smell. It's been like that for a long time. I go right past there to Dunkin'.

The other two seem fine, and i love being able to have them fill up the car while I run in for coffee and newspaper. The attendants are great, as someone said, the guys at Shell are creepy, my wife said that they are always looking in her car, and asking her where she's going and stuff.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Sep '11

John Schaninger, why can't I speak with YOU directly rather than your assistant?

Fixer
Sep '11

Fixer, perhaps Mr Schaninger will speak to you directly,after you give your info to his assistant? Why didnt you call him directly? Instead, you posted your complaint to anyone and everyone who could read it instead of somone who could fix it...., now thats not how you solve a problem is it?

bowie bowie
Sep '11

Fixer, no offense, but wow. With all that's going on here in the state and otherwise, your biggest complaint is a slow line at Quick Check. Consider yourself damn lucky. For every negative posting there are a ton that outweigh it with good, but we all know the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Congrats. I hope that you are always 100% spot on, perfect at your job. Hopefully, you are not on the clock while posting. ;)

p.s. Personally, I love the customer service at that QC and the gas guys are always super friendly.

Sep '11

Fixer,

If you read his post, it says to contact Heather so that "WE can address it with you personally"...WE would include him. And as others pointed out, if the worst thing going on in your life is a slow line at Quick Chek, you are truly blessed. I have never had an issue at any of the locations. I must go at the right time. Tell us, are you one of those customers who, when having to wait in a long line, sigh heavily, grunt, groan, roll your eyes, shuffle your feel loudly, etc etc? That's the picture you're painting...

Sep '11

Bowie, I am going to send his assistant my information. I have found in the past that upper managment should nip things like this in the bud right away rather than going through an admin. And, being I am in a position like Mr. Shaninger at my company, I have a good admin that will weed out calls and emails that will waste my time. If someone complains, I call right way and make sure that this does not occur in the future because I need repeat business AND I don't see a lot of advertising for my company...it's all word of mouth.

INeedMoreCowbell. First, never start your writing with "no offense" because your intent was to be offensive. You talk about things going on in the state, I have a hole in my roof from Irene that my association if refusing to fix even though it is their responsibility. I have friends foreclosing on their house because they are out of work for extended periods of time. I have a grandmother that I have to put into elder care due to dimentia. So don't give me your garbage.

In addition Cowbell, I work extremely hard for my money and I EXPECT good customer service. I take it you've never complained that your food is cold, waited too long in line, etc? I guess you have perfect timing. People have stated that since the employees make so little, that they should have the right to treat customers like garbage. Well, I guess teaching the employee to respect their customer and remember that customers are the REASON they have a job is pointless then. This isn't me thinking I'm above other people, I want to be treated with respect like everyone else...especially when I'm handing over my hard earned money.

I'm not the kind of customer who, after one bad experience, is going to shun a business and say I'll never go there again. I always give the benefit of the doubt to organizations and people. But, if I start to notice a trend then I need to voice my opinion. This particular Quick Chek has had multiple chances to earn my business and have failed over the last few months! Eating behind the counter, sidebar conversations, leaving the register without so much as saying "I'll be right back", excuse after excuse and nothing has changed. So yes, being I visit this particular Quick Chek 4 times a week for things like cigarettes, coffee and gas, I will take my business elsewhere.

Oh, by the way Cowbell, I am not 100% perfect at my job. But if I make a mistake or my company makes a mistake, I will be ACCOUNTABLE for those mistakes. Accountability is something you don't see much of anymore. And yes, I'm on the clock...but then again you must be as well.

Fixer
Sep '11

Amen, Fixer

Each time you post you prolong that important email! He may be waiting for it as you type...

Sep '11

Fixer, what you seem to be missing is that they did not make a mistake. If you will also notice very few people shared your experience; therefore, the only trend is your impatience.

ERM, there are others that share my opinion. As long as it isn't just me, then the trend isn't just noticed by me.

Fixer
Sep '11

You strike me as angry and someone who makes a huge deal out of nothing.

I guess offense was intended.

I am one to write letters to companies a lot when I get GOOD service. Pat people on the back.

I find people are way too hard or treat people like crap that are in any service type job.

Case closed.

Don't think you had to be so over dramatic. You come off as one of those people that thinks it's beneath them to wait.

Why don't you use the vent thread?

Sep '11

Now that i went back and read. I agree with Razz

All over service at a Quick Check. Wow. Just WOW.

Sep '11

For me, waiting a few extra minutes patiently is far better for my health than getting all agitated and then being angry all day long. And then having to complain to anyone else who will listen. It's just not worth it to me.

cbel,

I agree! And this post makes me wonder how many others, outside of the forum, had to listen to his woes. I'm sure he's still telling anyone who'll listen...

Sep '11

I'm no saint. I can be a real complainer at times. It's just that I'm happier when I'm not.

Ok, so I guess that these threads are only for statements of good things, not complaint? Though I don't agree with Fixer, if he had a bad experience, doesn't he have the right to say so? - and if you don't want to read it, don't. Just as if he doesn't want to go to the store - then don't. Do we really need to turn this into a battle, - over opinions about a store? Whew! Maybe complaining helps him to vent his frustration... you don't have to read it or reply if you don't want to...

pmnsk pmnsk
Sep '11

With people freaking out all weekend over the "hurricane" quick chek was insanity (bread, water and milk was gone). Just saying take the events of the weekend into account. The store is also short handed. I work there and i am always polite to my customers.

We dont have a phone for the public to use, store policy but whenever someone ask to use a phone as long as its a US call i let them use my cell phone. We dont have a yellowpages...i mean who keeps those things anymore.

Also the gas line has never went out into 517 i think someone is over exaggerating a bit.

ok thats all. :)

Shannon P. Shannon P.
Sep '11

@pmnsk, for the first 1/2 of this post people simply shared their experiences - both good and bad. So to answer your question, no these threads are not solely for positive experiences. However, the whole point of these threads is for others to read and comment on them and in 9 out of 10 cases that means someone will disagree with you (often very "vigorously").

For the record, fixer can vent all he wants but he seemed to go after 2 posters directly (1 comment being removed) which probably caused a few more people to jump in -- myself included.

ok, guess I got hung up on the ending posts - AND don't know the back history,

pmnsk pmnsk
Sep '11

I've been going to the 517 QC several times a week since it opened and have been very satisfied with the customer service at both the pumps and the registers inside. Sure, there are times at the registers when things slow down, but it's mostly due to people buying lottery tickets or running into the aisles for a forgotten item. When the line lengthens, another cashier is called and things move quickly.

I'm sure I've been in line with Fixer before....anywhere, not just QC. That's the person who is sighing heavily and tapping his foot while doing the back-of-the-head eye roll. The Fixers of the world need to calm down or be medicated.

Leigh Leigh
Sep '11

Leigh, I've probably been in line with you as well. Perhaps you should re-read what I posted originally, I never mentioned waiting in line as a problem, did I? Maybe you should point that judgemental finger at yourself and learn to read before you spout off about something you know NOTHING about.

Fixer
Sep '11

People who doesn't like quick check have choice to go somewhere else. Quick check never forced me to go there. I like quick check because it's convenient and there are 3 of them in town where I live. If you hated quick checks, you should go to seven eleven on 46 but that’s inconvenient for you so you complain until they meet/exceed my expectation.
I have a great feeling good admin Heather will weed your complain to stop wasting Mr. Shaninger’s time.. I hope Heather send you a lollipop and tell you to stay way from quick checks.

Lol, gotta love you folks, complaining about the complainers. If you don't like this thread, why not just go somewhere else? :-)

Someone didn't get his/her lollipop.

What is it with you people that fill up your tank and dilly dally into the store for your dam coffee. You dont care that others are waiting to get gas while you hold up the line. Maybe thats why its so dam long sometimes. get your gas and then park the car and get what you need ! Very inconsiderate if you ask me.

Razz, I'd retort but it's too easy with you.

Fixer
Sep '11

Sorry Razz but you have it wrong.........someone didn't get a drink with their cupcake.

(sorry folks, couldn't resist)

Slade Slade
Sep '11

MCR the day we all become complacent with the complainer is the day we all go to hell in a handbasket.

Firefly Firefly
Sep '11

@Slade,

That must’ve been inside joke. I didn't understand. I know cupcake goes very well with cold milk but I don't think quick check will send milk to 5 year olds when things doesn't go the way they want, they drop and cry until they get lollipop. I was trying to get point to stop complaining and trying to get people in trouble by acting like 5 year olds.. I must of missed something.. Sorry.. I'm dumb..

@Razz: You're not dumb at all. The long timers here on HL will know what I was referring to. If I was adept at searching HL, I would give you the link to one of the MOST ridiculous threads to ever appear here. Perhaps GC or Calico can find it and reference it for you. It IS an inside joke to the people that have been on HL for years. And I apologize for not explaining that in my post. Stick around for a year or two and you'll have your own list of whopper threads to recall.

Slade Slade
Sep '11

OK. I fully understand. I think. No need for people to send me link to dumb threads. I have time to read them but I wish not to waste my time unless I can get a warm in the middle blueberry cupcake with a cup of cold milk or just a lollipop (preferred ones with gum inside) for free.

Well if you don't like the three locations of Quik Chek in town you'll soon be able to try another one over by the Patriot Plaza where Blockbuster is. Washington Township's planning board approved the project. It will have a convenience store and gas pumps and will be open 24 hours.

BLD2
Sep '11

Wonder what ever happened to Quick Chek (with gas) opening at 519 and 46 in White Twp. and Brass Castle and 57 in Washington Twp.?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '11

True Calico....this article from exactly a year ago made it seem like the one planned at 519 & 46 in White Twp was a done deal:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2010/09/quick_chek_coming_to_the_inter.html

Hummm?

Thanks for posting the article Vic. I assume it's municipal red tape as usual.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '11

I drove past the 519 and Rt 46 site in White Twp yesterday and noticed orange plastic construction fencing around the entire perimeter of the property. Wonder if the ball will finally get rolling on the proposed Quick Chek slated to go in there for over a year now??

http://g.co/maps/rrz5d

Vic

As far as the 519 / 46 Quick check I hope it never opens . But let me say that who ever the guy who is pumping the gas at the 517 bilby road location you open the gas door then you carefuly you remove the cap and put the nozzle in the tank pump the gas and remove nozzle then properly replace the cap and close the door . you dont whip open the door and wrench off the cap and drop it you dont slam the nozzle in and spray the car with fuel when you remove and you must put the cap on properly cause most caps are tied in to a tank pressuer system that if not on right lites up the dash you have been schooled

Jan '12

Did the QC on Bilby get the air pump fixed yet.

It was a duck tape rig job special last time I went in that left me with less air than when I started.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jan '12

I think they do fine at QC, maybe they just dont like the ppl who get bad servise, I have seen studys done how ugly ppl dont get treated as well by others, so you mite just be to ugly for them to care about how you feel.

aguy,

I'm assuming you were part of the 'ugly people study', as you know this? And don't try to say that you were treated well because you were the other half of the study. Maybe physically you're good looking, but your comment says a lot about you. I'd much rather be ugly on the outside than the inside. Can't fix that!

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jan '12

what a D!K thing to say aguy....

We need a Wawa!!!!

Been there done that
Jan '12

I cant wait for the QC to be built on 519/46. Finally somewhere to get something after 9pm.

Philliesman Philliesman
Jan '12

yes I guess it is a D!K thing to say? Just like its a D!K thing to bash the ppl @ QC is also. So they arent perfect @ QC who the hell is? Your buying gas coffee & a roll dont expect them to jump for you. Your spending 50 bucks ther maybe probly more then the pt clerk is making for ther whole 5hr shift. Try being nice to them bet they will give you great servise. Bashing ppl is the ugly on the inside part that most ppl cant see in them selfs. must be a blisful feeling.

That is what I thought you were trying to say, aguy...and not the physical "ugly". Now you made your point.. Sometimes it is hard to really express in writing how we really feel.

joyful joyful
Jan '12

Take it, Lori...for spelling or grammar. I can't do it.

The message is good, however.

I have never had a problem with the Quick Check on 517. Everyone has always been nice. My favorite gas attendant is an older gentleman, he is always so friendly. He always makes me smile, here he is looking old enough that he should be retired but he is pumping gas with a smile on his face. I respect that. I have had a few times when the line inside gets backed up but usually another cashier shows up.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jan '12

Now I feel like I picked on Lori ? I dont know much, just that you get from ppl what you give to ppl. I always felt how I was treated in life was a reflection of how I treated ppl. Im most likely wronge and a bad speller

aguy: You are a horrific speller to be sure, but like I said, your message is good.

P.S. If you ever want a spelling/grammar tutor (on the house), pm me.

The sooner the Quick Chek on 519/46 is built, the better!

More variety of food than the run down Bagelsmith- probably better gas prices than the equally run down US Gas.

The only thing I am surprised about is how long it took them from when the site plan was approved to start construction- which is still a ways off.

Laying some survey tape there is a good start, until I see the construction equipment, I am not sold on this being any time soon.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '12

Whoa whoa whoa, easy on the WaWa rhetoric! Quick Chek has employed my mom since 2001 and my brother since 2006. I would like to see my brother continue to pay his mortgage :)

I love QC!

@CR37..do they work in the Quick Chek's in town? I'll keep them in a job, not to worry. I have found most to be very nice...the only thing I don't like is 517's parking lot..I often feel like it's an accident waiting to happen.
@aguy..your summary of the situation was quite good. I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '12

cbel

I couldn't even make it through that, it was too painful, LOL

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jan '12

@Bessie - my mom runs the deli at the Mountain Ave location. My brother works in the Technology department of the headquarters.

Wawa would put QuikCheck right out of business. Hope they get here soon! And the 517 location is no good. I try not to go in there, or if I do I make sure to have my phone so I can play games while I wait 10 minutes for someone to be rude to me. Boo! My first job paid minimum wage back when that was $5.15. And I still did my job to the best of my ability - that's how I got promoted and moved on to bigger and better things. ;)

Wawa4Ever Wawa4Ever
Jan '12

@Wawa4Ever - Thank you. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

With the rash of hold ups in warren county that Quick Check on 519/46 will be a great target fot the warrn county bandits open all night no police near by fun times ahead .

Jan '12

Target for holdups? Not at all. Leaving that location in four directions puts you out in the middle of nowhere and an immediate target for the Authorities.

Head 519 North and the boys at the Hope State Police Barracks are waiting for you before you can reach RT 80. Head west on RT 46 and Belvidere PD is there. Take rt 46 east and Independence PD is out there..try to cut over to Rt 31 south from RT 46 in Buttzville and Washington Twp PD is all over that stretch of roadway within their jurisdiction. If anything... Rt 519 south of there is rather open. It'll give one of them enough time to get back to the jail over there before anyone notices a crime was committed! :-)

Law & Order Law & Order
Jan '12

the rt 519/46 Quik Chek in White Twp. is happening...they closed on the property...and already construction fencing is being erected on the site...as far as I know it will be a complete store with a fuel plaza

oldman oldman
Jan '12

Honestly, Quik Chek is heaven sent. The thought of going to Weis or Shop Rite for a gallon of milk is daunting. You have good employees and bad all over. You have good customers and bad all over. I'm sure all of us are not at the top of our game all the time. I, for one, am grateful for the convenience.
Having said all that, I will say I hate the computers at the deli section. My husband won't use them and I always have to make another stop for my errands.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jan '12

USAfirst...My husband is the same way and ever since they installed them ...he no longer stops there.

joyful joyful
Jan '12

USAfirst and joyful: Me, too! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

KnickerknykensNYKUNS in Great Meadows has the BEST eggs in the area --- bar none. Milk and bread and OKdoky too.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jan '12

I used to dislike those machines at the deli, but I've gotten used to them. Luckily, I very rarely use them.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '12

Construction of the White Twp Rt 519/46 location is moving along (Seems more so than the Washington Brass Castle location). The fuel plaza supports and roof complete with company signage has been erected. I did a rough count (The pumps aren't in yet) imagining where the pumps would go and it appears it will have a capacity of 12 gas pumps. I could be wrong. The convenience store portion has yet to be constructed.

Is a Quick Chek going in at the corner of Brass Castle and Route 57? I don't drive by there too often, and just noticed the lot being cleared the other day.

BrandyB BrandyB
May '12

BrandyB...
Yes..Full store with Fuel..

Chubby Chubby
May '12

Netcong QC sells beer ; )

Well the Quick Chek White Twp Rt 519/46 location has been open for about 2 years now "with no police nearby" as was stated above. Any reports of hold ups/robberies during these two years??? I haven't heard anything about this 24 hour establishment being a thorn in the side of White Twp during the last 2 years. It's been a great addition to the community IMO.

I totally love and patronize this location, sometimes multiple times a day, on the way to work, coming home etc. They have a good crew of nice people that work there- from the young kids, to the more experienced workers that have been there since it opened, they do a good job in that store and in the gas attendant areas.

I often see local organizations there that QC lets setup for fundraisers- which shows they are a civic minded organization. No issues, they are a good business model that I am glad has worked out.

Welcome addition to the area- I am happy they are there.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jun '14

We often stop on our way to PA and find it to be a very nice store with polite employees. Seems like an asset to the area.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '14

Here here!! Not one complaint in the last two years. Very friendly staff and love the 24 hour convenience. Only better gas prices are when I gas up at the Wharton Costco to the east on the way home in the morning from work. Cash and credit same price is a MAJOR reason why they get my business when gassing up both at Costco and the area Quick Cheks!!I

The QC on route 517 is back to their old trick of blocking certain gas pumps limiting the amount of open pumps

This makes it very difficult to get gas, while people are waiting in line , cars coming in from three directions and cars backing out of parking spaces

The help behind the counter inside seems to be hit or miss. This depends upon the time of day and who is working. Some of the employees seem annoyed that they have to service the public and others are very friendly.

It's a shame because it would only take a few changes by the manager to make this location easy and nice to do business with.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jun '14

If people would stop leaving their cars while getting gas and going into the store things would flow much more smoothly at gas stations with convenience stores. Get your gas, pull up to a parking spot, and then go in the store; stop being so inconsiderate of people waiting to get to the gas pumps!

Don't even get me started on the stupid prohibition in NJ about self-service...I'm tired of going into stations in NJ (NOT QuickChek, I might add) where the attendants don't understand English and spend all their time jabbering on their cell phones while waiting on customers!

JerryG JerryG
Jun '14

I agree about the service being hit or miss. Most QC employees have been very friendly and helpful. There is one woman at the QC on 517 that is in a foul mood every morning I go in there. She about murdered me when I accidentally spilled my coffee on the counter. I'm sorry but it was an accident. Oh, and don't ask her for lottery tickets, she gets really annoyed.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Jun '14

Tfulp...I worked at Burger King 1977 - 1980 (when I graduated HS) and I was making $8.77 per hour - which is the equivalent of between $29.00 and $70.00 per hour (depending on what source you use -- Google it). Ans I can assure you me and my high school buddies still didn't care much. All we knew is that worked suc*ed and we could not wait till our shifts were over so we could go hang out.

I don't buy for a second that paying more will change anyone's behavior if they don't enjoy their job or have respect and want to please the customers.

Heidi Heidi
Jun '14

Any displeasure with a particular QC store should be brought to the attention of corporate via the links below. BTW, they actively monitor their Facebook page below.

qccares@qchek.com

https://www.facebook.com/Quick.Chek.GetFresh.GoFast

What about ordering from the computers? Can we still ask the person behind the counter?

headso
Jun '14

I find it hard to believe that BK was paying high school kids $9 an hour in the late 70s, considering hamburgers were about 40 cents apiece back then.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Jun '14

I worked at BK in Hackettstown exactly 20 years after Heidi (1997 - 2000). I started at minimum wage ($5.15/hour) and left making $6.35/hour. I was missing out on the big bucks. :-/

Ok I googled it, min wage in the late '70s was $2.30. So I call bs on you making over $9/hr working at BK. Unless you owned the restaurant.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/chart.htm

Darwin Darwin
Jun '14

Wow, why did I waste 4 years in college? I should have just worked at Burger King lol

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Jan '15

You didn't waste 4 years yet. Be determined and go after your dreams. You will have to compromise (like everyone) but it is tough to stop a determined person...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.