Soft Paws

Has anyone ever used these? Is there a vet in the area that puts them on? I would never consider declawing a cat so this seems like a great alternative. Our new addition is slowly destroying everything we own spray detterents are not working. Thanks!

shoebie shoebie
Aug '11

I never even heard of it. I think declawing cats is inhumane. This is a great alternative.

How would you like your nails ripped out of your fingers? Probably doesn’t feel too good.

TFulp TFulp
Aug '11

Sorry there called soft claws

http://www.softclaws.com/index.php?pet=cat

there just tips to cover the nails you can even get pretty colors but you have to put it on each nail i cant picture pebbles sitting still and not scratching me to death while i apply them to her front claws :/ Going to call some vets to see if they offer this service

shoebie shoebie
Aug '11

the one thing that concerns me as that in all the pictures you can see them and i do not want to use them if she would no longer be able to retract ehr claws that cant be comfortable for her :/ any opinions on them would be great!

shoebie shoebie
Aug '11

These are so cute. If you look under the FAQ of the website it mentions that they do not interfere with the extension or retraction of their claws.

Ive used them. They work pretty well, but require a littel maintanance, such as replacement as they fall off one by one. Also, since the cat cannot scratch to file his/her nails down, you have to watch and clip their nails more often so that they do not get too long as that can be painful for them too. Not sure if the vets put them on, but you can purchase them at most pet stores.

pvmom pvmom
Aug '11

We use them. They work great!!! We put them on ourselves.

Ryan(ligitty) Ryan(ligitty)
Aug '11

Not me. I just clip their claws regularly. About every other week.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '11

There are ones called soft paws as well. http://www.softpaws.com/
I've used them, but got tired of replacing them as my cat would work diligently to remove them. I usually just keep his claws trimmed, yell, spray him with water and live with things a bit scratched up.
If you have someone to help you, trimming the claws and applying the soft paws is not to bad to do at home. Have one person sit with the cat on their lap holding the front paws while the other does the work. Praise and talking calmly to the cat helps too. The difficult part with the soft paws is you have to keep the cat from pulling them off while the glue dries. Good luck.

lynnada lynnada
Aug '11

Thanks Everyone! I am going to give it a dry we have tried so hard to get her to stop even Smokey Pants M.D. pins her down when shes scratching the furniture. We have to lock her out of her room which i hate but shes scraching up our brand new bed

shoebie shoebie
Aug '11

We use Soft Claws. They work great. The cat can still retract its claws. We have been using these since our cat was a kitten so we don't have an issue with her trying to remove them. I recommend that you get the Soft Claws with CLS (Cleat Locking System). They stay on longer. The Soft Claws come off with the cat's natural process of shedding its nail so you will have to replace them. I currently buy them from www.thecatandkittenstore.com. This place is the cheapest I have found, shipping is free, and they arrive in two business days.

Candy R Candy R
Aug '11

Re: Soft Paws

Success !!!!!

shoebie shoebie
Oct '11

Stylish too! That is so funny. Little claw booties.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '11

She's a beauty. Love the color of the Soft Paws!

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Oct '11

Terrific! And good for you for refusing to mutilate your kitty by de-clawing it!

notreally notreally
Oct '11

They are so cute we love it ! Shes still a little mad at me...... ;)

shoebie shoebie
Oct '11

shoebie, yeah, she didn't look too thrilled in that pic, LOL

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Oct '11

She'll be the envy of the neighborhood with her permanent mani/pedi!
Adorable cat!

borninthe1960's borninthe1960's
Oct '11

That is so cute. How long do they last?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '11

shoebie, does she have a date now or are they for fancy scratching? Looks cute. Mine has plain ones. Maybe I should show him her picture. LOL

INeedMoreCowBell INeedMoreCowBell
Oct '11

If declawing is considered inhumane, what do you call naming a living creature Smokey Pants, M.D.? Sadistic? Sociopathic?

Lol, just kidding, Shoebie...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Oct '11

LMFAO Ianimal !!! Smokey Pants M.D. lives a very fulfilling life :o)

shoebie shoebie
Oct '11

It's a good thing Smokey Pants M.D. still has his claws; if he ever gets outside, he's gonna need 'em (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Oct '11

Smoke Pants is a 'she', haha

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Oct '11

Smokey*

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Oct '11

Lol She does have her claws and Im shocked that as a stray she never destroyed any furniture after the first week or so but the kitten is another story lol. She got her name because when we first got her our daughter put a play stethoscope (sp?) on her and poor smokey came walking out of her room with it on and just sat on the couch accepting it lol ill look for the pic :o)

shoebie shoebie
Oct '11

Shoebie, how long did it take you to put them on? They look adorable, just like she went to the salon. About how long do they stay on?

Bessie Bessie
Oct '11

The whole process trimming and putting them on her front paws only took about 6 mins or so

shoebie shoebie
Oct '11

Impressive Shoebie..I thought you were going to say an hour or so.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.