4 year anniversary present for husband

hi i need some ideas on what to get my husband for our 4 year anniversary, any ideas are welcome. thanks

snoopyyalf snoopyyalf
Feb '11

kind of hard to answer this without any info on what he likes.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '11

sheanimal, is that you? you don't need to get me anything (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '11

But if you truly INSIST on getting me something... (-;

http://www.jackdaniels.com/SingleBarrel/BuyBarrelRegistration.aspx

ianimal ianimal
Feb '11

A baby??

Just Asking Just Asking
Feb '11

Give it up ianimal. Sheanimal would never post on here. ;-)

Typical guy gifts (no particular order):

watch
golf clubs
sports jersey
liquor
cigars
steak dinner
video games
tools

Need more info......

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '11

Save your money and buy something really nice for the 5-year anniversary next year. 4 years isn't as big of a milestone.

http://www.romancestuck.com/anniversary/fourth-anniversary.htm

Your traditional 4th anniversary gift ideas are fruit and flowers and the modern 4th anniversary gift idea is an appliance. Why not combine them both?? Buy a chocolate fondue fountain and a pint of fresh strawberries. Spend the evening dipping chocolate berries and feeding them to each other by candlelight.

jrsemom jrsemom
Feb '11

name a star ...

acl76
Feb '11

Yeah you should do the fruit and flowers thing, that way we won't have to help you with the 5th year anniversary gift because he will probably divorce you. Just kidding.

Go with the appliance option (a new flatscreen tv, ipad,....something along that line should work).

M & K M & K
Feb '11

I love "experince" gifts, something he likes to do, or something new to him, that would leave a wonderful memory.
I had checked into the glider rides out of Blairstown Airport. The glider is towed up by a small plane, and a experienced glider pilot sails you around the sky. It is totally quiet, as there is no engine.
The price depends on your weight, if you both can fit in the glider together.
Otherwise he could go alone and you could be waiting for him with a bottle of champaigne
I would love something like this!.

susan susan
Feb '11

Give him a card that states that a donation has been made in his name to "The Human Fund: Money for People".

ianimal ianimal
Feb '11

I second the 'experience' idea. My DH and I like to go to dinner at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park. We always stop at a winery first, and we make an overnight out of it. It's nice to have a little mini-vacation to spend together.

If you go with an appliance, maybe something that can be engraved. I probably could have gotten a better price somewhere else, but I ordered his iPod from the Apple website and they engraved it with a message for free.

Mom of 1&1
Feb '11

1year got him- dress suit
2 year got him -playstacion with games
3 year got him a gold ring and a gift card to home depot

and this year im out of ideas???

snoopyyalf snoopyyalf
Feb '11

Does he like sports? Maybe tickets to a game?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '11

Depending on funds: Cook him his favorite dinner or go to your favorite restaurant.

Write him a personal note what he means to you and put it in your card.

Peggy C. Peggy C.
Feb '11

Experience gift is always fun. Every year I plan a tiny getaway for hubby and I. We have a summer anniversary, and he is a landscaper so we can't take a full vacation, so I pick somewhere close by, like the shore, or Morristown, or even the castle like shearton in Rockaway, and we go for one or two nights. I alway pick a place with a pool, and we go out for fancy meals and just enjoy hanging out. My favorite place we went so far was Point Pleasant, but thats not quite in season yet, lol.

How about tickets to a concert.

Sunshine Sunshine
Feb '11

A girl freind

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Feb '11

lol CA

I find it odd how someone who has been married to someone for only 4 years does not know what to get him i could see if it was like 30 and you have gotten him everything but 4 years you should still have somethings to get him and should know what he likes better than strangers on a forum

shoebie shoebie
Feb '11

WOW! I guess there are rules on what we can ask on this (friendly) forum.

I don't find it odd at all since it seems many like to come to this forum for "new ideas" Maybe they felt that somebody on here would offer something unique that they hadn't thought of. I don't think this person was expecting the people on the forum to know their husbands personal likes/dislikes. Maybe they wanted to hear about some of the "experience" gifts that were talked about and the pros/cons to each so that they could make a better decision. Maybe this persons husband buys the things he wants when he wants them (I know mine does) so this too can make it very hard when it's time to purchase a gift for them.

Go back to the place he proposed to you, (or where you first met), then a special meal afterwards. BTW: Happy Anniversary!

I have no idea what I would get my hubby and in September will only be our second anniversary

I like experience gifts also. For Valentine's Day we went dog sledding. For my birthday going to Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown concert. I think for his birthday I will swallow my pride and take him to a Mets game or buy tickets for him and his friend to go. Not sure if I could stomach a Mets game

nosila nosila
Feb '11

I just think its weird that only after 4 years of marriage you don't know what to get your husband and think that strangers on a forum with no details about him would know what to get him

shoebie shoebie
Feb '11

Have you ever been married for 4 years?? Maybe snoopyyalf and her hubby have been together for 30 years, we dont know. Just looking for ideas.

Just Asking Just Asking
Feb '11

shoebie ever hear "If you have nothing to say nice dont say nothing at all".....the girl came for advice nto criticism. but agian I cant fauylt you it seems to be the trend on here alot!

Christine Christine
Feb '11

thanks Christine and JRT for the support. its not that i dont know him is that i just wanted some creative ideas in what to give men cause women are simpler than them, thanks for the good commets. :)))))

coqui paintings coqui paintings
Feb '11

I think the people that are posting things like 'I think it's odd that you would come to a forum with complete strangers and think they would have a better idea what to get your husband.' Omg. I cannot believe how ridiculous some people can be. Its called, for the traditional gift ideas, 4 year anniversary is flowers or fruits. She probably knows her husband inside and out, and was not incenuating that a stranger would know him better. All she wanted to know was if someone had a unique or fun idea that she hadng thought of with that particular theme. People need to lighten up!

Melissa Franks
Sep '13

Re: 4 year anniversary present for husband

I think the more pertinent question is what did she get him for the 5th and 6th anniversaries now...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '13

I find it ridiculous that you'd dig up a thread that's 2 1/2 years old to scold people most likely not even using the forum any longer... Lol

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Sep '13

I wonder how she was even able to post on a thread that old. I can't post on anything that's a year old, let alone 2-1/2 years old...

ianimal ianimal
Sep '13

Someone had to do a LOT of reading to go back that far! LOL

LV Mom
Sep '13

Ha ha I was reading though the thread and just noticed the dates.

Antimony Antimony
Sep '13

I wonder if they're still together.

MikeL MikeL
Oct '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.