Having groceries delivered today from ShopRite

what would be a good tip?????

dismom
Nov '10

"don't take wooden nickles?" --- Just kidding --- How much time did it save you and how much do you value your time? I'd say at least $10-$20.

trekster3 trekster3 Message trekster3
Nov '10

I was leaning toward $20 cause its a big order.... just wanted to make sure it was enough....

dismom
Nov '10

I believe they add an extra $10.00 on to the total cost of the groceries purchased.
With that in mind, you may want to go lower with the tip.

Spring Fever
Nov '10

delivery is free thru January.... they just charge the shopping fee...

dismom
Nov '10

Dismom - they are delivering to you??? I do the shop at home from shoprite at the Washington location but I have to pick them up.

With the Shop at home, you pay a $10 fee. You park in the shop at home parking spot. They come out to your car and ask your name. They tell you the total and ask for your coupons and money. They go back into the store and run your card or finish paying your bill and bring your groceries out. They load them into the car for you,you never get out of your car.

They are not allow to accept tips.

But again this is Shop at home and are not delivered

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Nov '10

Yep "Just asking" they are delivering to my home..... and they do accept tips for home delivery...

dismom
Nov '10

What ShopRite delivers to your home????

MJB MJB Message MJB
Nov '10

Byram delivers to this area

dismom
Nov '10

JA - Thought you were a Weis girl?

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Nov '10

We did the shop at home form Shoprite in Washington. 17 items were wrong. I had to go back and return. I will try it again. Out of the 17 items 2 were my mistake.

The $10 fee was not that bad but thye really dont know how to pick fruit IMO. BUT I am also very picky. I also did notice they charge a little extra on some items compared to Mansfiled SR. So I am going to watch more carefully.

Christine Christine Message Christine
Nov '10

We use the Shop-at-Home all the time and love it. Haven't tried the Washington one yet - only Byram. You need to be VERY specific in the notes section for each item if you prefer something (i.e. "Please give us furthest expiration date" for dairy, "please no soft spots on the apples", etc.). As long as you are specific, you should have no problem.

I particularly love that you can shop by the unit price for the items. That, coupons and SR's own sales easily justify an extra $10 for me. We've been using the $10 off $100 coupons so that helps.

The time and aggravation it saves, especially with the holiday craziness, is PRICELESS to me. And for those moms at home, the delivery is a blessing!!!

Jules
Nov '10

I use Weis for a "Quick Check" too expensive for regular food shopping there.

And my ex-husband is there, no thanks

Nov '10

Are you all to busy to shop or not in the physical condition to do so? I'm not trying to judge. I have just never even considered such a thing as this.

Ryan (ligitty) Ryan (ligitty) Message Ryan (ligitty)
Nov '10

All *too busy . . .

Ryan (ligitty) Ryan (ligitty) Message Ryan (ligitty)
Nov '10

Too busy.

Jules
Nov '10

I'd tip based on the number of bags the delivery person has to load/unload. That should be a fair judge of how much work it was for them. Maybe $1 per bag?

I use this service because if I go food shopping I spend at least 2 to 3 hours in Shoprite. So in between that, working, and the kids activities (I am not a drop off kind of mother) its so worth it for me to use this service.

Nov '10

I am busy and incapable.....

Nov '10

Dismom when did the start delivery? This is going to make my life so much easier! I hate food shopping with all three kids because they want everything

Mommyof3 Mommyof3 Message Mommyof3
Nov '10

I could see the delivery to home if you don't have a car or you physically can not go shopping. Or if you have several kids and the weather is bad or something. I just never understood the Shop At Home where you go and pick it up. If you already have to go there why not just get what you need?

I know a lot of people must use it because in the Washington Shoprite they are always blocking the isles because they arent paying attention they are reading the palm pilot thing that shows what to get.

I would rather go and make sure I'm getting the best looking meat, compare pricing, and I guess I never not had enough time to go.

Now that I typed this and thought about it some more for $10.00 fee it would probably save me at least $20.00 to have it delivered. You know when you go there you get stuff that was not on your list. Plus Shoprite is a good 10-15 min ride so I guess your saving the gas money too.

Nosila Nosila Message Nosila
Nov '10

JA - 2-3 hours??? What they heck are you doing in there seeing a movie? LOL

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Nov '10

Mommyof3 they've delivered for the last few years..... I just had $450 worth of groceries delivered.... made a meal plan for over 40 dinners.....

I have a car.... am able bodied.... but the time and money ( no impulse shopping) that this has saved me is well worth it...

dismom
Nov '10

Really, wow because I tried to use that last year when Brady was sick and it said I had to come pick it up!

Nov '10

Mommyof 3...... when u check out your cart u have the option of having them delivered or picking up..... u can also reserve your timeslot for delivery days ahead so u can plan to be home..... they give u a window of 2 hours for delivery...... if u had looked out around 12;30... u would have seen the home delivery van.... pretty sure I live a few houses away from ya....

dismom
Nov '10

LOL I saw the delivery van as I was unloading my three crazy kids! LOL i didn't dawn on me what it was at first than i thought about it!

Nov '10

They wouldn't accept a tip at all when they came to my house. I don't know why. Maybe because they are union at shoprite and make better wages than tip wages already? No real idea, just a guess.

Sandy Sandy Message Sandy
Nov '10

I used the service last week and tipped $1/bag. The young man was very nice, and he had no problem accepting the tip!

KathyDG
Nov '10

Ah, let me look back a few yrs. My mom was a mommyof6. When she shopped, which was often,due to the fact we had no freezer. she would bundle us all up and off we would go. First stop, dry goods store, second stop, fish market, next was the butcher shop then home to unload and put everything away. Mom then changed any diapers that needed tending to. She might then do the wash ( we had a wringer type washing machine) and no dryer. We had a coal stove in the kitchen which was used to cook and heat the home. Mom would prepare dinner from scratch, not many prepared foods out at that time. When dad came home we sat down to eat and talk about the day. Mom told Dad what she learned about town from all her friends she saw while shopping.

No TV
No take out dinners
No pizza delivery
No microwave
No computer
No cell phone
Party line phone. (look it up)
One car
No charge cards
Oh my, I forgot, there was no day care, my Dad worked two jobs.

All this reminds me to ask Mom,what she did in her spare time.

THE MAN THE MAN Message THE MAN
Nov '10

Dear The Man.....mom didn't have to work 50 hours per week outside the home and commute, too, right? The kids didn't have mountains of homework they needed help with because school wasn't as ridiculously competitive. and the kids didn't each have four activities....because there wasn't the availability.

mom of oreo mom of oreo Message mom of oreo
Jan '11

mom of oreo,

I'll have to tell mom what she did wasn't work. If you work it is by your own choice. We had a lot of homework, college was a lot harder to get into years ago, it was more competitive, and There was plenty of activities and sports to keep one busy.

THE MAN THE MAN Message THE MAN
Jan '11

no offense, but I am also a full time working mom and If shop-rite will deliver it would be a godsend... too much laundry, clean-up etc everyday...what's wrong with a little help? No one has ever offered to helpme because I'm a single mom...and choice to help your kids...if you are a good parent, it is no choice, you do it for them

eeyore0031 eeyore0031 Message eeyore0031
Jan '11

the man - that was back than! In this cold weather I would rather have someone deliver it than drag my three kids out in this! Plus my kids were sick last week and DH works till 11pm some nights!

Jan '11

THE MAN - many of us are not fortunate enough to be able to stay home as our full-time job. Most of us do not live "large" but need to work a job outside our homes to help support our families and make ends meet in this expensive state of ours. No complaints, just the facts. It's very easy to judge someone else when you don't know all of the facts.

Jules
Jan '11

Looks like this thread has gotten off the original topic, but I'll go back to it...I've only done the Shop from Home thing once or twice, from Byram. The first time I did it, I came right out and asked the kid who brought out the groceries about tipping. He said they are not aloud to accept tips. Which makes sense. The person who brings the groceries to the car might not be the same person who did your shopping. Not sure about home delivery.

BTW, THE MAN, for some moms who work outside of the home, it's not because they want to, it's because they have to. And yes, your mom worked very hard. Every parent works hard! Being a parent, whether it's stay at home or working, is difficult. If today's parents can take advantage of conveniences to make life easier, that's not a bad thing, it's a smart thing!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl Message Jersey Girl
Jan '11

I have done the delivery and it was pretty easy. I order my groceries early in the day and had it set up for them to come between 3pm and 5pm! Both time they were here closer to 3pm. The first time the guy did take the tip but the second time it was a different guy and said he was not allowed to!

When you shop online, if they don't have something you ordered or a question, they call you. Very easy to deal with!

Jan '11

I 've never had them refuse a tip??.....
they are always were very appreciative when I handed it to them..

dismom
Jan '11

dismom - yeah the guy last week said, I am not allowed to take tips but I appreciate the offer. I told him to take and he say I am sorry i can't!

Jan '11

interesting... I had emailed shoprite this morning before I posted and this is the reply I just received from them....

Thank you for your inquiry regarding tipping of the ShopRite from Home's delivery drivers. Our drivers are from an outside company and they can accept and appreciate tips. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for shopping with us and have a great week.

Regards,

Lisa Medvitz

Byram ShopRite from Home department
Ronetco Supermarkets
973-448-9770 ext. 172

dismom
Jan '11

hmm...not sure but the last guy wouldn't take it!

Jan '11

Thanks for the clarification on the tip question and while I don't use the service (I actually like to grocery shop), I hear it's wonderful for those that use it. Since your the ones that pay for it, not sure why people think it's their business to judge those that use it. But then again..this is HL, LOL.

Bessie Bessie Message Bessie
Jan '11

We havent had it delievered we picked it up at the one in Washington and they dont accept tips BUT dleivery does.......

Jan '11

Bessie - I actually don't mind grocery shopping either but the trio seems to get restless when hit the middle of the store!

Jan '11

I have had Shoprite from Byram deliver many times. Usually when they run the free delivery special. Otherwise we pick it up.

A great idea that saves me a lot of time, when I do go into the store to do the shopping, is go online and add items to a list for the week. When you are done, you can print the list out with the Aisle numbers.

With the aisle number list in hand, I fly through the aisles knowing exactly what I need to grab. This saves a lot of time for me personally.

As far as delivery tip. WOW, for $20.00 bucks I'll go and pick your groceries up and bring them to your house! I usually tip $2.00 to the guy who brings them from the van to the front door. I thought that was acceptable, but I guess I'm a cheap skate.

Derek Derek Message Derek
Jan '11

lol derek....... i have been placing real large orders ...last order was $471.....and it lasts abput three weeks for us...... i was concernrd $20 want enough......do back to original topic...... what is an appopiate tip....if my delivery guy deicdes to accept a tip?

dismom
Jan '11

dismom, if you use Shoprite from Byram, yes the delivery guys accept tips. It says it online when you place the order.

If your willing to tip $20.00, then I'm sure the delivery guys will be very happy. Personally I feel that is way too much. Maybe $5.00 is plenty for your kind of order.

If in doubt, you could always do the good old 20%. Or maybe 10%.

Derek Derek Message Derek
Jan '11

Trying this service for the 1st time today. Just don't have the energy to shop... glad I saw that the Byram Shoprite offers delivery to our area. Wonder why the Mansfield store does not offer this service??

hey Derek... never saw your reply back on January... but if I tip 10% on my order that would be $47 and 20% would be $94...... Ill stick with my $20 tip...lol

dismom dismom Message dismom
Apr '11

I abhor shopping for anything, let alone groceries so Rebecka make sure you post how it went!

Mansfield Shop Rite tried to offer shop at home...but had problems with the landlord...the new Washington Shop rite offers shop at home...but you would have to contact them for specifics

oldman oldman Message oldman
Apr '11

Home delivery from the Shoprite in Byram (covers our area) is wonderful! Highly recommend.

Online ordering was fast and easy, when they had a question about a couple of items, they called me and were very pleasant and efficient. The delivery man was also nice / professional.

They also went above and beyond:

1) they included free flowers in my order because I was a new customer;
2) when they delivered the wrong dishwasher detergent (they gave me something for auto dispensers or something - I can't use it in mine) they said no problem - they'll send the delivery guy back to exchange!

Wish I could afford to do this every week, but it is a bit expensive. You have to add $20 for them to do the shopping for you, $10 to deliver it, plus a tip; I tipped $15 - so $45 total for this convenience is probably a bit steep to do regularly.

That said, while I was in bed with the flu this weekend - it was priceless!

Thats a lot of money!!! Get a college kid or unemployed person to do it for you next time. It will cost a lot less! $25 total sounds right!

mona mona Message mona
Apr '11

Rebecka they have free delivery thru 4/30.....
u should not have been charged a shopping fee..

Apr '11

We werent charged a shopping fee either. AND the guy who put it in the car refused the tip.

Apr '11

Dismom - I have been charged everytime for shopping fee but it was discounted!

Apr '11

In response to noticing that you were charged more at the Washington Shop-Rite than you would have been at the Mansfield one, the reason is that stores are in zones. Take the ones that Romano's own for example. Just to mention a few of them they are the Mansfield, Netcong,Byram and Succussuna stores. The Succusssuna store will have different prices for the same item compared to Mansfield. Succussuna will be higher in price. Kind of like housing and taxes are higher in that county.

It's also like a lawyer in Morris County vs. a lawyer in Warren County. For the same service, the Warren County lawyer would be cheaper. As for the grocery stores within the same county, owned by the same person, they work the same way. Not only are the Washington and Mansfield stores in the same county, but they are also owned by different people. Hopefully this explains why the difference in price on some items.

Magpie Magpie Message Magpie
Apr '11

Magpie - The only one that delivers to our area is Byram so all those talking about delivery charge are talking about the same location. Mansfield does not offer any shop at service and Washington only office shop at home pick up service!

Apr '11

I have been do shoprite online for the last year and love it I only shop off the sales then go to my master list to get the things you have to get every week. It's worth the $10.00 I have MS and after shopping I'm done for the day. So just to drive up and have them put it in the car for me it's a blessing.

SAAK SAAK Message SAAK
Apr '11

Does Shoprite liquor store deliver booze?

Bubba Bubba Message Bubba
Apr '11

Walmart is testing the online shopping market for groceries - http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2011/04/walmart-conducts-test-of-online-grocery-shopping.html

And according to Walmart tipping the delivery person is not allowed.

Little late on this. I'm in NJ and the ShopRites here charge 10 for Shop from home plus 10 if you have them delivered. At an extra $20 total I didn't think tipping was necessary. I will tip drivers from now on after reading this, at least $5. But pick up orders, it's like tipping the bagger - I already paid $10 for the shopping service.

*Cyndee* *Cyndee* Message *Cyndee*
Mar '12

I think the service is a great way to avoid impulse buys. When I used shop-online options, I was really able to stay within my budget and always buy exactly what I needed. Now that I'm back to shopping in the store, I find myself often blowing my budget and getting things I didn't originally intend to buy. It's harder to return items if you've overspent at the register - but online, you just remove things from your cart.

mefoley4literacy mefoley4literacy Message mefoley4literacy
Mar '12

I always tipped when I had my groceries delivered from Shoprite and then one day they had no availability to deliver so I used the store pick up option. They brought my groceries out and loaded the car. When I went to tip the girl she thanked me but told me that is actually against the stores policy for them to accept the tip. I tried but she insisted that it was not necessary. That leads me to believe the the drivers are not supposed to accept a tip either but who is there to see what they are doing. They charge extra fees for the service so the tip isnt needed. I prefer pick up now best. As said above I use the home shopping to help keep tabs on what I am spending etc. If I go over my set amount I just use the online shopping cart and delete the item. At the store it would be embarrassing, at least to me, to ask to return an item.

Cindy
Mar '12

I called the store a while back when i first started ordering delviery.......yes the delivery guys accept tips.....the pick up at store people do not.........

Mar '12

Guess it wouldnt work if you are a shopper who uses coupons. Thats why I wouldnt use the service. Plus who wants the headache of getting wrong items.

mona mona Message mona
Mar '12

@ dismom oh good to know. thanks.

Cindy
Mar '12

Mona - they will accept your coupons at delivery.

I used the service when I had a broken ankle and they specifically asked if we had any coupons before we paid.

They are all set to support that as well.

Coralie Coralie Message Coralie
Mar '12

So you pay when they deliver the items and they deduct your coupons while at your house?

mona mona Message mona
Mar '12

The delivery is already paid for so the coupons total will be deducted from your future order. Not for the current.

Cindy
Mar '12

i pay on delivery NOT before...u have the option to do it either way...and yes the coupons get deducted off next order

Mar '12

Thanks, good to know.

mona mona Message mona
Mar '12

Please don't take this comment as a bash...I use the service all the time. Yesterday I had groceries delivered and saw on the receipt that I was double or triple charged for 10 items. When I called, the manager issued me a credit...just be careful about checking your receipt.

Dina73
Mar '12

Used it for the first time this week --- simply ran out of time!! What a lifesaver!!

trekster3 trekster3 Message trekster3
Mar '12

Having 2 small children the Shop at home is a blessing! The Montague Shoprite waives the $10.00 fee if you spend $100 which is easy to do. I do the pick up from store so I bring my coupons in and pay inside. They have someone wheel the cart to my car and load my car for me. It saves me money, time and a nervous breakdown. My 3 year old is the worst at stores and having my 3 month old in the basket of the cart I can barely fit anything into the cart so this is such a lifesaver.

Iwona82 Iwona82 Message Iwona82
Mar '13

I actually was offered a job by this crappy company in Byram for their at home delivery. Had to go through 2 long interviews. First I was offered 4 days a week and after being hired was told I will have to work every sunday and 1 day during the week. All this for $13 dollars a hour and driving all over and lifting all those heavy groceries. Also I was Warned that I was not allowed to take any tips, or risk being fired. Thank god I didn't take the job and don't have to deal with the nonsense. And people hate Walmart, this company is no better.

Sergio Qureshi Sergio Qureshi Message Sergio Qureshi
Mar '13

I was curious about the shop from home and pickup service the other day and noticed that the Washington Shoprite now offers home delivery service. Believe it was an additional fee of $7.95 making the total fee $17.95.

Wow Sergio... I'd gladly take $13/hr ! I had to get my BA to make $12/hr. Plus I'm responsible for people's lives! I give meds, get hit, kicked & bit by people twice my size! Oh and there's no chance of a raise cuz these jobs are usually funded by the state.
$13/hr with possibility of raises just to drive around and carry groceries!?!? I wouldn't complain....
Also - LOVE shop rite delivery from byram! So happy I don't have to take my 3 month old grocery shopping!! =D

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname Message NoUseForAname
2 weeks ago

Just saw how old that is lol! But still!

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname Message NoUseForAname
2 weeks ago

I used it last winter when I was layed up. It was a life saver to have it delivered in the ice and snow right to my kitchen. They had a portable machine to swipe the debit card also.

Old Gent Old Gent Message Old Gent
2 weeks ago

The shoprite from home service drivers are allowed to take tips, but always let me know, when I hand them a tip, that it is not expected - they very frequently run specials - for example 20 off if you buy a certain number of products from a group of products, etc. often off setting the delivery and service fees. They also have had, for some time, free delivery for orders over 75 dollars - and just charge the service fee, which for my orders is typically off set by their shoprite-at-home specials. Many times I have had the delivery service with no additional cost due to their specials - and the convenience and time-saving is very valuable to me. They take coupons, which are applied to your account for discount from the next order. Drivers always say that they are looking for help - so if anyone is looking for a job... Glad to hear that the screening is rigorous, or was when Sergio (above) applied - these are folks that you let into your home. (13.00 an hour, if that's still the going rate, Sergio, seems quite good for the job description if you ask me - drive around in a company van and haul groceries - geesh).

I'm weary of shop from home for the simple fact that unless you're specific, down to the ounce or produce specification, they will literally throw anything into the cart. Another thing is that if they're out of stock of one of your items, and they can't get ahold of you via phone to try to provide an alternative, they'll give you whatever they want. I don't think there's any way they'd shop for themselves/their family this way.

kris- I have used the shop from home service weekly for a couple of years now. I have never had that experience. I'm usually surprised in fact at how good they are about letting me know if they need to substitute something.

Is this the Byram Shop Rite? I have had bad experiences with Washington's shop from home service, but Byram does my deliveries.

Jane doe Jane doe Message Jane doe
1 week ago

I have also used the service from Byram once a week for a few years. I have never had a bad experience. They select everything I specify and always call if they do not have what I have selected. They will also advise if something I have selected has a short expiration date so I can change if needed.

I do not have automatic substitution checked on the site so this triggers them to call me when my specific item is not available.

It's a great service and I hope they never stop it

BrandyB BrandyB Message BrandyB
1 week ago

Jane doe - yes, that's been my experience with Washington.

Kris - I, too, have never had that experience - they ALWAYS call the morning of the delivery if anything is not as specified - or even if a requested item isn't top quality. For example, I ordered green peppers and the shopper called to say that the peppers didn't look very good - did i want to substitute? I will say that the "shoppers" that prepare the orders seem better on the weekdays than weekends, don't know if that's because they are busier or if different people - but have never had a problem with my specified items or delivery. I shop from Byram.

pmnsk pmnsk Message pmnsk
1 week ago

I've always had a good experience from Washington, but I make sure to include lots of notes on my produce preferences. And I don't check off "allow substitutions", so they call me to check if something isn't available or doesn't meet my specifications.

Just this weekend, I had put a note that I wanted the avocados to be underripe and the shopper called me to ask if I still wanted them since they were all very ripe.

I love the service but have had many bad experiences from Washington, I've stopped using them. My final straw was when I ordered a gallon of organic milk. That night my husband opened up the milk and noticed the expiration date was THAT day.
I called the store & left a message, sent the store an email as well as filled out the shoprite from home survey requesting a call back all 3 times. For $6.50 per gallon I would have liked a refund or at the very least an apology. But the store never contacted me back. I understand this could have been an oversight from the 'shopper' but for management not to acknowledge my calls, emails, etc., that's poor customer service. I only go to Washington now if it's an emergency. Although it's closer to my house I'd rather go to Mansfield or Clinton.

Booboo Booboo Message Booboo
1 week ago

Another sign of a sick society. People need to get their priorities in order. I can understand shop at home as a service for those who have difficulties with mobility or transportation, but it sounds like most users are able bodied and have cars. As with everything, it's another convenience...we've outsourced so many of our daily tasks already. We have people to mow our lawns, clean our houses, and now do our grocery shopping? And people still complain they just have no time. Your kids each have 4 activities? They are over scheduled. You "can't" make it to the store and shop in less than three hours? Your life is over scheduled. Worst part is, you pay handsomely for the service. 20 bucks to shop and ten to deliver, plus maybe 5 for a tip? That's $35! That's $140/month, and $1680 a year! Invest that $35 per week at 7% in a mutual fund and we're talking $24,380 over ten years. And that is just one "convenience".

Eperot Eperot Message Eperot
1 week ago

Weis also has the shopper service...not delivery. You pull into the spots and they come and load the car. Just another option.

acl76 acl76 Message acl76
1 week ago

I like how you think Eperot!

Heidi Heidi Message Heidi
1 week ago

Eperot,

I use the shop from home service. Yes, it is a great convenience that I utilize when Shoprite has coupons available. The shopping fee is $10, the delivery fee is $8 and then I give a tip. SR often has a coupon for $30 off delivery when you spend $200, which covers the aforementioned expenses.

You should try it! Maybe you'd be less grouchy :)

I am an avid couponer and have to be to afford to stay home and raise my children. All of my kids are very young and if I took them grocery shopping with me I would have no room in my cart for groceries. It costs me less money often times to use the shop at home service than it would to take all my kids to the store and try to shop thanks to the online shopping promos they run. It is more than worth it for me. It has never cost me close to $35 for a delivery. Sometimes I spend LESS money with the specials than I would if I went and shopped myself!

1 week ago

I completely agree w/ you Jane Doe, when I take the kids I spend more $. Shopping from home (which I do maybe 6-7 times per year) actually saves me $ b/c I 'stick to the list'. I've never done Home Delivery so I spend $10 for the Shop from Home option (they wave the 5th order fee)
Since I have had bad experiences at Washington I will try out Clinton Shop Rite the next time I order. It is on the way home anyway.
As a note as to WHY I do SFH. It sure is a convenience! I work full time and have 2 little kids (one of which is in 1 activity). There are times I cannot get to Shoprite on the weekends (bright and early when they open, when the kids and hubby are still sleeping) b/c I am doing something very special w/ my immediate family and/or extended family. Can I go after work? Sure I can. But I prefer to spend those hours w/ my kids and hubby (eating dinner together, playing games, doing homework, etc). So yeah, it is a huge convenience. However, I have no problem spending the $10 fee for some extra quality time spent w/ my family.

Booboo Booboo Message Booboo
1 week ago

Eperot your post gave me a good laugh, and I mean no disrespect. I have no children, I don't work full-time, and I've used the shop-from-home service. Why? Because I felt like it. And for same reason I order anything else online: because it's 2014 and convenient. You think ordering things online is "sick;" I fail to see a shred of logic in your pronouncement. And I'll have no hesitation on using the service whenever it fancies me. Nor do I think that anyone should be providing you with justifications for doing so, just because you, for whatever strange reason, associate giving people honest jobs to do (lawn mowing, your example) is a bad thing. If everyone kept their money in their pockets and saved like Scrooge, imagine how many others in service industries would be out of work.

Rebecka Rebecka Message Rebecka
1 week ago

I eat Taco Bell and have my groceries delivered. I must be sick and sad. Only if they would deliver my beer.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob Message CraftBeerBob
1 week ago

I love Washington's Shop from home option and use it several times a month. I actually save money by shopping this way, even with paying the 10.00 fee and there is no tipping according to the employees. They always let me know when I arrive what was not available. I shop on Mon. Or Tues. so that has never been a big problem, but I understand they do run out of many things on Saturday and Sunday, but I rarely ever shop then.

Spring Fever Spring Fever Message Spring Fever
1 week ago

eperot, I think that you may not have had the experience/knowledge about this that would make your comments relevant - firstly, I make more in an hour working from home than I would to pay for delivery - if I actually paid for the service as priced - it is in MY best interest to stay at home, do my work for the two hours or more that the shopping actually consumes and have someone else shop/shlep/carry my groceries... also, as MB explained above and as I explained even further above, they have free delivery over 75 dollars, and always have coupons and deductions each week that typically pay any service/shopping fee - as others explained, shopping from home actually reduces the 'extras' that are purchased in the store, allows you to search for deals, use coupons and saves gas!! I suspect, by the level of emotion in your response, that you were just looking for a chance for a "rant" - feel any better?

pmnsk pmnsk Message pmnsk
1 week ago

Booboo - couldn't have said it better myself. Time with my family is more valuable to me than saving an extra $5 a week which is what it costs me at MOST for using the service after promos have been deducted.

1 week ago

Growing up, the liquor stores delivered to the house. (dad was big drinker). Do they still do that? Calico?? Lol.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2 Message botheredbyuu2
1 week ago

Tietjen's Liquor Store in Kearny used to deliver to my fraternity house. Of course, we were ordering 10-12 half kegs at a time.

ianimal ianimal Message ianimal
1 week ago

No reason to defend myself for wanting to spend the money for a great and convenient service! Especially during the past few months, not spending time in the supermarket gave me time to shop for several charities we supported. Not a bad trade off.

BrandyB BrandyB Message BrandyB
1 week ago

Esperot-I pay $4.95 if I shop online at weis, $10 for shop from home at shop rite in Washington. I don't have groceries delivered, I pick them up. I would easily spend a minimum of $5-10 plus dollars if I shop aisle to aisle in the stores so for me it is not a waste of money. And the time I save by not going in the store is invaluable.

Townies Townies Message Townies
1 week ago

I just had Byram deliver to me recently for the first time. I've had shop from home before but always picked it up and let them load it . I use the service when i am not physically able to shop on my own. It's a fantastic service for the disabled. There's 6 people and 1 dog and 2 cats in my home. It can be a lot. The guy who delivered said they were not allowed to take tips but accepted mine anyway. He said why wouldn't he when he's lugging all these bags into homes that are obviously owned by millionaires..lol Which I am the farthest thing from. I think they should be allowed to accept tips. I don't understand why they don't

troyboy troyboy Message troyboy
1 week ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Having groceries delivered today from ShopRite
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Your Web Site (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.