School Calendar

Just saw the school calendar for next year at Hackettstown. We are beginning before Labor Day on Thurs Sept. 2. Wish it was after the holiday. Great Meadows is not beginning until after Labor Day on Tues Sept. 7th.

If anyone hears anything about Blairstown Elem please post it on here. I already called the school once and got a "We haven't decided yet". How frustrating!

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73 Message Lori...since '73
May '10

So is Warren Hills. Really stinks! LOMB will not hire any students from either Hackettstown or Warren Hills High Schools, because they have to go back to school before the seasons end. There is no reason to start school before Labor Day. The local elementary schools do not start until after Labor Day so there will be no end of the summer family vacation. Totally Bummed!!

Nutmeg
May '10

In my opinion, school should start on the same date every year (ie. the first Tuesday/Wednesday in September), regardless of when Labor Day is. That way there's no wondering. Labor Day happens to be as late as it possibly could be this year, and in order to get kids out before July, they need to start early. It's annoying, but it's not like this every year.

On a side note, I think it's silly that LOMB won't hire kids whose school starts before Labor Day. It's not like it's that many days--I'm sure they'd have enough staff to manage without the handful that go back to school.

Tracy Tracy Message Tracy
May '10

Long Valley schools started AFTER Labor Day this year, but are still getting out the same day as Hackettstown...hmmm?

Jenn Jenn Message Jenn
May '10

Yeah , that is crazy that LOMB won't hire studets from those schools because of that. I'm sure they will be much less crowded on those few days, due to many students being in school, and they will not need as many people working.

Rich Rich Message Rich
May '10

Mansfield starts on Tuesday the 7th of September

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
May '10

Allamuchy starts on Tuesday, 9/7 too.

Mom of 1 & 1
May '10

What is LOMB?

CagedAnimal CagedAnimal Message CagedAnimal
May '10

Also AMY did you call the school board and lodge a complaint a formal complaint . They did not get the masage from last year START SCHOOL After Labor day. Just shows you they dont care what the people want and who do they work for us . May be we should fire all of them .

CagedAnimal CagedAnimal Message CagedAnimal
May '10

Land Of Make Believe

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
May '10

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.