How do I stop annoying phone calls?

Since Friday I have received numerous phone calls from a company that apparently wants to list the Lab I work for in their free directory. The first three times the woman called I explained that she would have to call our main office, which she refused to do. The next few calls I completely ignored. When the calls didn't stop I politely asked her to stop calling. She called a few more times and again I ignored it. This is difficult & annoying. I work in 1 room that is my office/blood drawing room. I have to leave the ringer on as I do receive necessary calls throughout the day, but with the frequency of these phone calls I am being driven to distraction!

Yesterday & today have also been filled with calls. I answered the 1st 2 times each day hoping to put an end to this madness. They are apparently playing a new game now. When I answer the phone there is no one there...well, they are there...I can hear them breathe, but they do not speak. When I tried calling the displayed number I get a recording saying that the number is a disconnected number. DH looked up the number and the company is from India, using a USA number to hide behind. I called the Do No Call registry and registered my number, but it takes up to 30 days to go into effect. I cannot take 30 more days of this!

Thoughts & suggestions PLEASE!

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73 Message Lori...since '73
Apr '10

*57 and call verizon and report a harassing call

Billy
Apr '10

Lori: what a bunch of pains in the arses! I would just start talkin jibberish, or, get a talking doll and pull the string so that is what they hear.. or if you knows its them, pickup the call then hang right up on them! hehehhe.. OR, as a last resort (or first..!) pretend u cant hear them.. just keep asking "what what, i cant hear you.. what, sorry bad connection" good luck! i HATE annoying phone calls..thank god I have caller id!!

darlugh darlugh Message darlugh
Apr '10

Tell her you are on the do not call list and if she calls again you will file a complaint against her with the government.

shoebie shoebie Message shoebie
Apr '10

Lori - hopefully this will provide some comfort ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3aCL8PIOuM

ComputerSharp ComputerSharp Message ComputerSharp
Apr '10

Ryan, I could really use some Seinfeld right now, BUT there are no speakers on my computer here...Aaagghh

Apr '10

get a good old fashioned whistle and blow loud and for as long as your lungs will permit every single time they call

ginger
Apr '10

They called one more time and this time a guy actually introduced himself. The second he started speaking I let him have it. The calls stopped...for now anyway!

Apr '10

I tell people that my phone line is monitored by the FBI and your call is recorded

CagedAnimal CagedAnimal Message CagedAnimal
Apr '10

Stop giving your phone number out when you're drinking! ha! LOL.....kidding!

dadof2
Apr '10

I would record them and have alittle fun with it.

They called 1 more time yesterday, but today there have been no calls...yeah!

You guys are too funny!

Apr '10

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.