Preschool

I am looking for recommendations for Preschool's. So far I have to check out Long Valley Nursery School and Gethsemane. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Mansfield Mom Mansfield Mom Message Mansfield Mom
Jan '10

My son goes to The Learning Experience and we love it there.

Nole
Jan '10

My daughter goes to LV Christian. I LOVE it there. I went there, and so did my husband, almost 30 something years ago. i love it because it let's the children celebrate holidays like Christmas and Easter, without the PCness. They say "grace" before snack, meet in chapel once a month for a brief service from the church's pastor (who is awesome) and explore all aspects of preschool. Religion is not pushed on them, but is introduced. There is a closeness and real connection between the kids and the teachers. I can't say enough about it!

kelleo22
Jan '10

I have heard great things about Liberty Learning Center on Rt. 46. And they have been there for many years. They must be doing something right.

Tanya Tanya Message Tanya
Jan '10

I highly recommend Heaven Sent on Main Street in Hackettstown. Mrs. Ravo is the director and lead teacher for over 20 years! It is a traditional preschool and our son has gone there for two years and we are sending our second in the fall... check it out!

emiy emiy Message emiy
Jan '10

Washington Nursery School is fantastic. Both of my kids are there and absolutely love it. http://www.washingtonnurseryschool.com

Unreal
Jan '10

We loved Friendship Center attached to Heath Village.

why not tri
Jan '10

Heaven Sent Nursery School, but registration was Jan 4th...not sure if they have any more openings for Sept.

justcurious justcurious Message justcurious
Jan '10

I second Heaven Sent! We also sent our first daughter there after a negative experience at a typical day care center. She flourished! Mrs. Ravo is fabulous and truly prepares the kids for school, providing both structure and fun. Like Emily, we will be sending our second little girl there in September. Can't say enough good things about it!

Jen Jen Message Jen
Jan '10

My daughter has attended The Stepping Stone Early Learning Academy in the Crossroads Plaza in Hackettstown since September and we LOVE it!

Kate Kate Message Kate
Jan '10

Liberty Learning Center!

Anom Anom Message Anom
Jan '10

I know people who have really loved Klassy Kids on 517.

CRMOM
Jan '10

St. Luke’s Catholic Pre-School will be holding it’s final registration dates for the 2010-11 school year on Wednesday and Thursday January 27th & 28th from 9:30-11:30 am at the school and on Sunday, January 24th immediately following the 9:30 am and 11:15 am masses in the parish office located at 265 West Mill Road, Long Valley, NJ.

The programs that are being offered are Let’s Meet, Let’s Get Started, a 3 year old program, a 4 year old program, and our brand new 5 day Pre-K program. Students who enter our school need to be toilet trained. Our Let’s Meet program introduces the student, who is between the ages of 2 to 2 ½ years, to a school environment with a parent present for 1 ½ hours once a week for 8 weeks. The Lets get started program is for students who will be 2 ½ by 10/1/10 and meets twice a week. Our 3 year old program is for students who are 3 years old by 10/1/10 and also meets twice a week. Our 4 year old program is for students who will be 4 years of age by 10/1/10 and meets three days a week. Finally, our Pre-K program is for students who will be 5 by 2/1/11 and meets five days a week. These students need to have at least one year of some type of preschool before being admitted into this program.

Should you have any questions or wish to tour the school please call Susan Keating, Director at 908-876-3515 X 41.

Thank you everyone for all the great info. We are looking for something only a few days a week right now (to start in the fall) I know registration has passed on most but if it doesnt' work out this year we will be prepared for next. He will be just shy of 3 so we really have an additional year. I have heard lots of great things about long valley christian and we are excited to check them out. I also have a few on my list from everyone's suggestions. Thanks!!!

Mansfield Mom Mansfield Mom Message Mansfield Mom
Jan '10

Considering his age.. give Friendship Center a call. Miss Dee is the teacher of the Teddybear classroom (his age group) and she is amazing and loved by all.

Coralie Coralie Message Coralie
Jan '10

Kiddie U
Newburg Rd

goodluck goodluck Message goodluck
Jan '10

Mansfield Mom...I work for Liberty Learning Center so I can tell you that the kids are all loved and very well taken care of. Miss Jenna..the preschool teacher is GREAT with all the kids. Your son would be in the preschool group because he is about to be 3. We are having an open house in February! My boss is wonderful with working with your needs of only a couple days a week. If you're interested, I would say that the open house is definitely worth looking into...or here's the number if you want any additional information...908-852-1210 or if you have any other questions, feel free to email me I'll try to help:-) Good luck!

Anom Anom Message Anom
Jan '10

Heaven Sent main st in hackettstown does an outstanding job with preschoolers! chapel is held on fridays and parents/grandparents & sibs are welcome to attend.. great way to teach preschool concepts along with the godly woman who love your children there... the program is very popular is usually fills up by jan or feb, get there early!

cat cat Message cat
Feb '10

Sorry I did not know the exact date for the open house...The open house for Liberty Learning Center is this Saturday February 27 from 10-12 if you're still interested:-)

Anom Anom Message Anom
Feb '10

Ditto what kelleo said. Both my sons went there and not only was it a loving environment, they were both well prepared to go to kindergarten. And I also loved the church aspect of it....they werent taught doctrine, but the basic principles of kindness and faith. I cried through every Christmas show!!! Two thumbs up.

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys Message LVMomOfBoys
Feb '10

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.