Panther Valley Inn Closing

My mom told me today that they are closing on Feb. 1st, she heard through her work. Was wondering if anyone had anymore info on this. Sad that yet another Hackettstown business is going under.

Nole
Jan '10

The Inn itself or the Panther Valley Pub?

archer
Jan '10

Thats actually not Hackettstown its Allamuchy but still a shame that a small business is closing.

That's a big hit if it's true. Think about how much they business they had from weddings and corporate events. I would think someone will end up buying it though.

Bryan Bryan Message Bryan
Jan '10

She was told The Inn. Not sure how true this is, hopefully it isnt. If anyone knows let us know, thanks.

Nole
Jan '10

Whoa, that would be big. I wonder where Centenary would put their students without dorms in the future if this is true.

Someone Someone Message Someone
Jan '10

Oh i hope it isn't true. I got married there and had my twins baptism reception there as well!

Mommyof2 Mommyof2 Message Mommyof2
Jan '10

I had my reception there too! I will be sad to see it go too!!! :(

justcurious justcurious Message justcurious
Jan '10

I had my baby shower there as well.

Nole
Jan '10

I will be so sick if yet another landmark around here goes under!! I had my wedding shower, baby shower, 2 baptisms, my sister's shower and a surprise party there! Not to make this into a political issue, but where is all the supposed help for "Main Street"?! I saw that CEO's for Frannie and Freddie got their mega-bonuses! It infuriates me to see what's become of our town and surrounding areas in the way of closures!!!

2Cents 2Cents Message 2Cents
Jan '10

Rumor has it that its the Hotel, Foxy's and the Pub all going out under Bankruptcy filing.

IceWater IceWater Message IceWater
Jan '10

Foxy's is a seperate business and I can't see Mr. Washburn filing bankruptcy on the Inn.
It's all just hear say

Meeeee
Jan '10

Oh man this stinks, I stayed there for a wedding once, it was absolutely beautiful and I love the rooms.

Jean09 Jean09 Message Jean09
Jan '10

You can't see Washburn Wright closing the place??? Really? Since it is Washburn Wright not Mr. Washburn. I have a friend who is employed there and was told this past weekend that its all being locked up 1/31 under Bankruptcy filing. Hopefully I'm wrong!

IceWater IceWater Message IceWater
Jan '10

Its not hearsay, its not a rumor, they sent Centenary an email stating they are closing on Feb. 1st and the email was sent to all of us that work there too. Very sad!

Nole
Jan '10

I'm confused...Nole you said that your mom told you and she heard it through her work and then you said an email was sent to all of us that work there.
Do you work there or did your mom tell you?

Jennie
Jan '10

My mother told me first, she heard it from someone, and she got an email after she heard about it, she works there. I checked my email today and I got an email about it too. I work there as well. Do you too? If so did you get the email?

Nole
Jan '10

No I don't work there but I was just curious....It's sad so to see it go. I had my wedding there and have had many good nights at the pub

Jennie
Jan '10

Does anyone know for sure about Foxy's and the Pub? I would think it would be tough for them to survive without the business they got from the Inn.

Bryan Bryan Message Bryan
Jan '10

This is from someone that works at PV...There last day is the 31st, this includes the pub and Inn but not sure about Foxy's

Jennie
Jan '10

I wonder if this means the bus to NYC will be discontinued or will they change locations?

Patrick O Patrick O Message Patrick O
Jan '10

Patrick, why would you think that? The bus is packed and they load near 7-11. I dont think the Inn gave them a lot of business. I think they are commuters

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Jan '10

Just asking
I usually buy my tickets at the inn thats why I ask. but if there are other places to buy them I guess my concern is unfounded then.

Jan '10

I believe you can buy then from the PV Deli and possibly 7-11

Jennie
Jan '10

thanks Jennie

Jan '10

As far as the bus tickets only place to buy them is at the inn. My daughter and I use the bus all the time, I'm wondering where we will purchase them now.

chrisb
Jan '10

Yes the Pub and The Inn are closing at the end of the month, stinks. This came straight from the owner, costing more to keep it open from what he said. Pub/Hotel have been for sale for some time now apparently...will be a sad day when the doors shut!!

towny....
Jan '10

Thanks Nole

Jan '10

you can get bus tickets in the deli in the back of the panther valley mall

shoebie shoebie Message shoebie
Jan '10

PVINN is closing as of Feb 1, 2010. It's up for sale for 4 million.....any takers?!

keeper
Jan '10

Does the 4 million include the inn, pub, restaurant and cottages?

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Jan '10

not too sure. I know it includes the cottages and the inn.

keeper
Jan '10

It's definitely true, a friend that had the Inn booked for her wedding in April got a letter about it the other day.

Alicia
Jan '10

Wow what does someone do now if their wedding is planned for April. I cannot even imagine.

Firefly Firefly Message Firefly
Jan '10

The place was taking a hit for some time now they just werent getting more people to come in.

Firefly - I didn't even think about that! YIKES! Weddings and functions - I wonder how long ago they stopped booking.

I non-profit group I belong to had an event scheduled for May and we got a letter as well stating they are closing.

Tweety Tweety Message Tweety
Jan '10

We went to the PV Pub this past Saturday. Holy Crap it was packed. There were people everywhere, they were outside, they were in the back room, they were in the big hallway room, you couldnt move. But weird there was no one in the ladies room, go figure.

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Feb '10

Web site is gone :(

PV resident
Feb '10

Did the people who had weddings and events there get their money back?

Alison Alison Message Alison
Feb '10

Not just getting their money back but could you imagine having to scramble and find a place for your wedding now. Nearly impossible I would think.

I can't imagine what all these people who had weddings booked their are going to do! If the wedding was planned for any time in the next 3 months they probably starting the invites already! More money out the door! Then think about it if they can't find a new place with that day there is some many other things they booked like photography, florists, dj/band, and i could go on!

Feb '10

Of course the people got their money (deposits) back for any event that was booked there.

pixie pixie Message pixie
Feb '10

As if planning a wedding isn't stressful enough! They should get a full refund PLUS an extra "inconvenience" payment.

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73 Message Lori...since '73
Feb '10

As for the deposit...hopefully they give it back to them (or have) but if they are filing Bankruptcy who knows.

Feb '10

Sad to say but if they are filing - they do not have to refund there money
Can u imagine, I would go nuts if my wedding was in 3 months and almost the whole reception was paid for

Jenn
Feb '10

At least at 3 months you have SOME time to plan, not a lot but some. Can you imagine the poor people who have weddings this month? My heart goes out to all those brides!

I guess other local restaurants might benefit from this if they have dates open. People will be scrambling to reschedule their events.

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Feb '10

Wow what a horrible situation for those couples

shoebie shoebie Message shoebie
Feb '10

Oh no! Just tried to book for my annual stay at the Inn and found no website up and then tried the phone number - disconnected! Finally found this forum and now I know why. I grew up near Hackettstown and remember the Inn being built; how pretty it all was. Guess I'll be booking at some big, impersonal chain this year. Rats! My son is bummed, too.

Heidi
May '10

George Washington was President

M.A.S.H. is off the air

TV shows are in color

jk lmao

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts Message Clyde Potts
May '10

Heidi
Comfort Inn by the shoprite on 57 in Mansfield not far 908 813 8500

Caged Animal Caged Animal Message Caged Animal
May '10

You could try David's Country Inn as well! I was sad to see the Inn go too.

May '10

David's has rooms to rent ?? Didnt know that.

Alice Munro
May '10

How about staying at a B&B? The Everitt House on High Street/Rt 517 in Hackettstown, just a few miles south of Panther Valley.

It's Me It's Me Message It's Me
May '10

Re: Martz bus: get your tickets at 7-11, and the bus picks you up right where it always has.

Rebecka Rebecka Message Rebecka
May '10

Duh- I wasn't thinking of the poster needing lodging!! Only a venue for an event! My bad!

May '10

I just saw this post. Did they end up closing? I got married there, 6 years ago today :) I was over that way a few weeks ago and thought I saw cars and people but wasn't sure.

Just Just Message Just
May '10

Just,

The PV Inn has assumed room temperature. It is dead.

Very sad! My family and friends stayed there for my wedding last year. Wanted to book a stay for our 1 year coming up. I'm glad we had a chance to enjoy the place for my wedding day before it closed...

Jessica O Jessica O Message Jessica O
Jun '10

Vanilla Market is trying again to sell the place.

YKW - - - - Vanilla Market is trying again to sell the place.

Hello YKW,
Could you please elaborate on what you know about Vanilla Market? I love that place but right now for the next few months I will be going the opposite way to work and haven't been able to stop by there for awhile now.
I absolutely crave this place!!!! I've been w/ them since they 1st opened and thru the owner having her children (2 since they have been opened).
I might have to give them a call or see what other H-Town LIfer's Have too say.
Thank you Ykw!

Realtreegrl Realtreegrl Message Realtreegrl
Jun '10

OK,I live a sheltered life,What is Vanilla Market and where is it ?

since1966 since1966 Message since1966
Jun '10

It is in the Panther Valley mall....they have ice cream, sandwiches, soups and salads

We are looking at other locations at the moment that will help us expand as a business, we are a bit limited(cooking wise) being in a strip mall . If we are able to move thats great, if we stay where we are that is great too...we love are clientel, location....even our landlord!!! Our move wont be far.

@ Vanilla Market,

You scared the crap out of me! Your not allowed to leave. It would be great if you guys find another place local so you can do more cooking. As long as your not going away, all is well :-)

Derek
Jun '10

WHat's the problem with cooking at Vanilla Market??

I was wondering why did the Panther Valley Inn close? It seemed like a very distinguished place. Did a lot of people go to it's pub? Was their hotel busy as well? I feel like the hotel's main asset was the ballroom hall. If anyone has any input, please do say.

Rp

Pv Inn closed because the business has been losing money for years. In it's hay-day there were multiple weddings every weekend, which resulted in the hotel selling out. The owners wife ran the sales dept., and was never there, nor was anything ever done to bring in business besides checking the voicemail periodically. The Pub had it's regulars but it was never packed unless there was a wedding. The food at Foxy's was mediocre at best, and the service was terrible. They could've done so much more with that venue, but never updated, renovated or tried for that matter. Thats why the Inn closed.

PV Local
Aug '10

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.