M&M Mars

I heard the only way you can work there in the packaging department is threw a temp agency. Does anyone have more information about how to get a job there?

Shannon P. Shannon P. Message Shannon P.
Dec '09

Staff Management - 800 High St
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908) 813-3300

An Umpa Lumpa
Dec '09

I want to know how to get a job as a taste tester:)

kelleo22
Dec '09

kelleo22: Who wouldn't?!

cbel cbel Message cbel
Dec '09

^what

Dec '09

This is one company you do not want to work for. The shifts are 12 hours, 4 days on 4 days off rotating shifts, 2 day shift 2 night shift 7:15 to 7:30 (Pnut schedule) and you have maybe 3 breaks. Then you have 8 hour shifts midnights, afternoons, and days a different shift every week and also required to work saturdays. Now they have forced employees on 12 hour shifts to work the 8 hour shifts, then go back to 12 hour shifts after a few months. No one knows how hard this is on a person until you have done it. The employees are sleep deprived, agitated and disgruntled. This feb. the company is going to "Revitalize" their plan is to cut the work force in half and hire temps and pay them crap with little or no benefits, or possibly lower the pay on the existing employees, "Yes they can do that" This company has taken a turn for the worst, and will do whatever it can to save a buck. Their is employees that haven't had a raise in 12 years not even a cost of living increase. The Hackettstown plant has some of the worst idiots managing the place that i have seen in all the years of working. It has come to the point where they will put anything out the door. This plant years ago put out a quality product and cared about their employees, now all that has went to the wayside, they just want bodies in their plant to move the product. If you think that I am just a angry employee with a grudge? then talk to someone in the "Plant" they will tell you the same thing. They have turned out like any other company, it just took them longer.

Employee
Jan '10

Well they treated our family members right so i have no complaints

CagedAnimal CagedAnimal Message CagedAnimal
Jan '10

I enjoyed working for them. My sister did too I think.

jobey99 jobey99 Message jobey99
Jan '10

I know what the swing shifts are like
i wouldnt mind it at all
i guess its just a personal thing

Jan '10

Wow ONLY 3 breaks??? Your only entitled to a 15 minute break for every 4 hours you work so I don't really see that as being slave drivers

Its a job! If you don't like it theres an unemployed person who can't pay their bills that would gladly replace you.

IceWater IceWater Message IceWater
Jan '10

Staff Management has been shut down for years and as I have seen most recent it is "for rent or sale." I believe you have to go through other agencies, but Staff was the only agency. I also hear the company is very strict.

Pepper Cat Pepper Cat Message Pepper Cat
Jan '10

is 800 high street the actual M&M mars building?

Jan '10

I've heard pretty much the same thing about that place as employee has stated from long time workers who remember how it used to be there . Employees retiring from there in the 80s-90s remember it as a good place to work - now not so much . From what I've heard the place started going downhill when the elderly Mr. Mars died and his kids took over the business , leaving the running of it to the bean counters without any interest at all in the employees or the day to day running of the business . But hey , the downturn in the economy has lessened their wealth from the double digit billions to a mere 9 billion(no. 43 on the billionaire list) apiece - the poor 70 year old babies !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires

Zombo Zombo Message Zombo
Jan '10

Right on IceWater! Americans have become too spoiled. I'll take that job in a heartbeat!!!

"They just want bodies in their plant to move the product".

That's what employees do, make and move a product. It's not a social event. If you want a social event, have a barbecue after work and invite your friends. Work is work.

Well theres always Burger King they had a help wanted sign in window

CagedAnimal CagedAnimal Message CagedAnimal
Jan '10

employee .... my neighbor works for them and loves his job if your this disgruntled quit and give someone a chance at your job that would appreciate an employment !

shoebie shoebie Message shoebie
Jan '10

Lem
Your right thats what workers do make and move product, but they should still be treated fairly while doing so. Not getting a raise in 12 years? cutting existing salaries? It is funny how the "little guy" is the one who will take the brunt of an economic downturn
I know someone very close to me who works there in a management position. This person is not affected at all. As a matter of fact they just renovated all of the offices for the higher-ups. This person makes over $150,000 per year and every March its time for a bonus!! last year they received $30,000 and the year before it was $25,000 I wonnder if it will be any less this year? Probably not.

I agree people should feel very fortunate to be employed right now, but I think if a company has to tighten their belts it should not only be one portion of the company that has to pay for it so to speak. Maybe if they didn't give out hefty bonuses to the "big fish" the rest would not be losing their jobs, benefits, etc... It is very sad how the corporate world works.

SMP SMP Message SMP
Jan '10

employee, If I were you, I would quit. Why the heck should you take all of that abuse? Let someone else take that crap. Maybe you should start your own company, and then you would be able to treat your employees the way you see fit!...And I don't think they turned out like "every other company", because alot of those company's are gone, but Mars is still chugging along putting food on many people's plate, including yours!

snapper
Jan '10

Stop complaining... either work or get on the unemployemnt line! Its funny how people love to complain about a job that they have, able to pay bills and put food on the table when we are at the highest point of unemployment rates in America. Amazing... maybe you should be more grateful that you actually have a job unlike the millions that dont!

ShiftWorker
Jan '10

Is anyone on this forum in management at Mars?

Rebecka Rebecka Message Rebecka
Jan '10

is 800 high street the actual M&M mars building or that small one right before it?

Jan '10

I'm on that unemployment line and I have to agree you should be happy you have a job right now. The job market is really bad out there.

Employee- Did you not know what the hours were like when you got the job? Every one complains here and there but seems like you are not happy with any part of it. Just be happy you know you are going to get a pay check.

Nosila
Jan '10

700 is the factory, and 800 is the national office.

snapper
Jan '10

Employee has feelings and wanted to express them, it's okay, that is what this forum is for. We all have a journey in this world, it includes good, bad, and indifferent experiences, let him/her feel the way they feel and you can feel the way you feel, that is what makes it life. It's hard when you are not happy in a job and know you are kinda stuck there due to the economy, everyone wants better, its okay to have that and feel that.

Lisa
Jan '10

Well said Lisa!!!

maja maja Message maja
Jan '10

thank you snapper

Jan '10

Shannon - As Snapper said above - the national office is the building that has the M&M characters on it. The factory is connected to the national office but has a separate entrance. The small building you referred to is also Mars but it is a printing shop.

Umpa Lumpa
Jan '10

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.