Has anyone see the circle around the moon in the sky tonight?

I just looked up at the full moon and i noticed there is this big circle around it almost like a halo. Does anyone know what that is? has anyone see this before?

Chichi
Nov '09

It was like that last night too. It's really cool--Not sure what causes it.

cosmo cosmo Message cosmo
Nov '09

They are cirrus clouds. It happens every once in a while but isn't usually noticeable much due to lighting.

"The Cirrus clouds, as they're called, are made of ice crystals. Often, the Cirrus clouds are so thin they are difficult to see. But when the moon's light goes through the ice crystals, the light rays are bent in a way which focuses the light into a circle around the moon. We call it a Halo."

http://weather.thefuntimesguide.com/2007/12/ring_around_the_moon.php

Someone Someone Message Someone
Nov '09

Moon halos are caused by tiny ice crystals that have gathered twenty thousand feet above the ground, as thin, wispy clouds. These clouds are so thin, you might not notice them at night, if it werenít for their effect on the moonlight. Incoming light rays from the moon are bent, or diffracted, by these ice crystals at an angle of 22 degrees. This means that in addition to the direct moonlight, you will also see diffracted moonlight in a circle 22 degrees away from the moon. This is about the distance of your fist, held at armís length. Like a rainbow, this halo can even be slightly colored; red on the inside, and blue on the outside

Isak12
Nov '09

"A ring around the sun or moon brings rain or snow upon you soon" LOL, not just an old wives tale - due to the cloud type, etc. it's usually tue apparently.

Phil D. Phil D. Message Phil D.
Nov '09

My mother always said it meant snow was on the way....

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys Message LVMomOfBoys
Nov '09

Might be on to something. Should see some flurries tomorrow and Friday. Nothing substantial. The flurries would be nice for the Hackettstown Holiday event and the Hope Christmas Tree lighting on Friday night.

WOW there is a cool halo around the moon tonight.. one person stated that rain or snow is on its way when you see this.. go figure there is snow predicted for tomorrow starting at 2am.. the halo is a sight to see, amazing!!!

Tracy
Dec '09

did someone took pictures, it looks cools

Jose
Jan '10

there is halo around moon tonight. It is amazing sight.

Saeed
Jan '10

There was a blue moon last night. It will be another 19 years before we have another one on New Years Eve.

Firefly Firefly Message Firefly
Jan '10

The Halo around the moon is something to see, i have never in my 44yrs seen any thing like it. It's seems Biblical.

R anderson R anderson Message R anderson
Jan '10

Yeah I saw the circle, did anyone take a picture of it?

Lisa Lisa Message Lisa
Jan '10

I know Jesus will be back soon!!!! I luv him with all my heart and soul!!!!!!!!!! As for the circle around the moon on New Years Eve........it does seem biblical!!!!

Lisa
Jan '10

what's a blue moon?

Lisa Lisa Message Lisa
Jan '10

It's when a full moon happens twice in a month. It happened in December 2009.

Its still there..Yesterday it looked great,the 1st time i have ever seen it.Nature just amazing??

MARK C
Jan '10

not tonight

MARK C
Jan '10

i saw it to, the moon looked cool. i also saw a rainbow around the circle.

mark
Jan '10

yes, I saw it tonight for the first time. It's beautiful I believe it has meaning much greater than the circus , or it's going to rain or snow. It's symbolizes a blanket a protector. over and out

slawson slawson Message slawson
Jan '10

On March 25, 2010 around 10:30 p.m., I walked outside to say bye to my son Zachry who was heading back to college. He is so involved with the Lord, and plays his guitar for a particular church. It was strange because this weekend, he is standing in a wedding. My husband and I asked him where is the church the person is getting married. His reply was Mom they are not getting married in a church because they have different believe in the church. I said to him, that when you get married, you will be getting married in a Church. He knotted his head with a yes. I then walked outside with him and my husband and noticed the clouds formation around the moon (halo effect). I informed Zac and my husband to look at the sky, because the clouds opened around the moon. It looked so beautiful and the moon shining brightly around the clouds. My son replied that he never saw anything like that, I informed him that I never had so did my husband. It looks like the Lord was speaking out, I am hear, I open the sky for you because I am listening.

Nancy Anguiano Nancy Anguiano Message Nancy Anguiano
Mar '10

wow i just seen my 1st halo around the moon!!! brillant 17th dec 2010, 10.10 pm

belinda belinda Message belinda
Dec '10

dec.21,2010 1:00 a.m. YES! I went out to check on the start of the lunar eclipse and there was the most beautiful halo around the moon. Wonderful sight.

terry candito terry candito Message terry candito
Dec '10

There was an eclipse of the moon around 4:00 this morning, I tried to take some pics but they didnt turn out.

sandy t sandy t Message sandy t
Dec '10

It was a Lunar eclipse.

Bubba Bubba Message Bubba
Dec '10

i seen the halo around the moon, amazing is all i can say!!!

kel kel Message kel
Dec '10

just so you know its currently 3.00am on the 24th dec 2010, south west, uk.
totally amazing!!!!

kel kel Message kel
Dec '10

I went to do last of Christmas shopping just a few miles from where I live on 24th December 2010 and got home at 3.45am. As I got out of my car I looked up at the clear skies - it was so cold and then I saw this really large circle with the moon at its centre. I've never experienced anything like it before - how amazing and beautiful. I only had my mobile 'phone with m and didn't think it would capture the image but wished I'd taken a photo. I understand many people missed the eclipse because of the cloud on 21st. This certainly made up for it.

yes!!! i seen it and a few other people i kno seen it too crazy not sure what it was tried to film it but my cam wouldnt focus

apollo
Jan '11

My great-grandma always said when there is a ring around the moon, snow is coming. Anyone see the ring last night?

cloudy007 cloudy007 Message cloudy007
Jan '11

saw it tonight thouhgt i was going crazy was in weather reconnaissance years ago never saw anything like it

sampson
Feb '11

Wow, I saw the Halo.. It was amazing, but at the same time I'm just as curious as a baby.. I thought clouds, guess I'm right. I'm so interested with what's going on out there that when I see something different that I have never witnessed before I have to find answers..

diboday diboday Message diboday
Feb '11

there was a huge circle in the northern sky, at first i thought it was a full moon and possibly due to a polar-shift was in the north going towards Seattle. It was 11:30 pm and i just got back from the store, took another look at 12 am and it was hidden by some clouds or just gone!

The next day 5-8-11 i looked into the sky to see if there was a full moon, and if the moon was going north as is did the night before. NOPE the moon was in the Western sky and it looked like it was only a half -moon, so what was that HUGE HUGE white circle in the night sky??

Kind of Freaky, I also seen this same thing in the first part of 2/2011 but thought that the earth's polar had shifted causing the moon to go North rather then its normal direction, although when I had noticed it on 2/2011 it looked like a full moon - once again HUGE in the norther sky going towards Seattle and it was there for several Nights! So please if anyone has any information of what is taking place - please let us people know!

zwargonetofar zwargonetofar Message zwargonetofar
May '11

"Please let us people know!"

It might help to first notice you're posting on a forum for a small town in northern NJ. ;-)
I doubt anyone here knows much about what's happening in Seattle....

GC - you've never heard of wormholes? I drop into mine at least once a week to grab some coffee in Seattle, LOL.

Of course now I am really curious about what the heck is going on with the night sky in Seattle . . .

Aquarius Aquarius Message Aquarius
May '11

It means bad weather is coming. They say the stars inside the ring r the day we will see bad weather.

raul raul Message raul
Nov '11

I live in aylett va. and tonight i saw my very first halo and was able to share it with my wife and two sons

12/09/11

brian
Dec '11

We live in Winston Salem , N.C. My husband and I saw our first halo tonight also. It was so amazing I had to Google it , and find out what was causing the ring around the moon . 12-09-2011

Wall Wall Message Wall
Dec '11

"I had to Google it" - How else??? ;-)

in Kenner, La. its not often this cold here in the New Orleans area and 3 of my 4kids and I got to see the beautiful halo around the moon tonight !!!!

Ellen Ellen Message Ellen
Dec '11

Its a sign to get all warm and snuggley with some one and watch the stars

Caged Animal Caged Animal Message Caged Animal
Dec '11

Re: Has anyone see the circle around the moon in the sky tonight?

Halo effect in Pennsylvania. 12-10-2011

Carla Carla Message Carla
Dec '11

I saw it tonight as well in Mechanicsville, VA. Folklore says it means bad weather is coming. The Farmers Almanac does predict a big snow between Dec 15-20 so we shall see.

I live in jackson mississippi it is 1am and it is absolutly amazing!

Did anyone see the moon this morning? It was absolutely amazing! A huge, harvest moon,very orange colored, I don't think I've ever seen that color in the morning. This was about 6:45, I'm so glad I was up to see it.

Jams Jams Message Jams
Dec '11

That was the end of the lunar eclipse, Jams! People on the west coast got to see more of it.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj Message 3wbdwnj
Dec '11

Wow! I forgot about that 3w, I wish my phone had a better camera. I took a picture but it didn't come out well at all. Will it be like that tomorrow?

Jams Jams Message Jams
Dec '11

http://events.slooh.com/ Link to watch it live from different parts of the world

Jams Jams Message Jams
Dec '11

Realy didnt know what it was but it was BEAUTIFUL!I had a front row seat in clear HD face to face. K.I.T.- MONTGOMERY,AL

WILL MADISON
Dec '11

It was super bright out last night at 2:00 am loved it

Caged Animal Caged Animal Message Caged Animal
Dec '11

yes tonight 11.pm sat 10 th Dec in Suffolk England all thanks to Jehovah Gods creation

tina tina Message tina
Dec '11

i saw it in lebanon 3 days ago!!! it was amazing, crazy holly halo:)

It was visible in Arizona!!!!!!! Called my husband out, looked like someone had smeared Vasoline all over the moon! Or like your eyeglass prescription is bad, when you are looking at lights, and you know you need new glasses! Never saw anything like it. Like a hazy ring all around it!

Peggy C. Peggy C. Message Peggy C.
Dec '11

Whoa, this thread just took our forum global.

Hi world.

Love,
Hackettstown.

Moon halo tonight.

vous
Jan '12

God's Halo...Jack Tannehill wrote a song about it. It's my favorite one.

Jan '12

Here in McMinnville, Oregon there is a ring around the moon. I was shocked to see it since I have never seen one before in my 35 yrs. Just had to call my 18 yr. old daughter out to look at it to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Very pretty, tried to get a picture of it but unfortunately my camera in not good enough.

Angi22 Angi22 Message Angi22
Jan '12

There's a circle around the moon tonight, January 7th 2012. 30 miles south of Chicago.

lili lili Message lili
Jan '12

If you google "circle around the moon" we come up 4th. Hope we won't need Genie to come in here since it's now global. :o)

Rich Rich Message Rich
Jan '12

Saw it tonight driving home from Peoria. Out in the country it was so much brighter then it was when i got back into town and the lights were all on. I have never seen anything like this and i'm 67 yrs old. Onhe of the most beautiful and interesting sights i've ever seen,

sandyj sandyj Message sandyj
Jan '12

Rich - There's a deleted post in Italian from well over a year ago. It's been world wide practically since day one. I don't think the Genie is needed, but clearly another case of not the slightest review of where they're actually posting.

But at least a small no-name town in NJ plays well in Peoria. ;-)

Take that doubters.

Yes! I see it here in Columbus, Ohio. Wondered what it was. Looks really cool

Tracie
Jan '12

Im seeing it right now. Its fascinating!!!

Dayton,ohio

ChrisJ ChrisJ Message ChrisJ
Jan '12

yes, looking at it right now, how beautiful.

vero vero Message vero
Jan '12

Yes saw it in the sky of Manteno Il It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. It lasted for hours.

TSmith TSmith Message TSmith
Jan '12

I can see it here in the capital of pennsylvania.

Devine1 Devine1 Message Devine1
Jan '12

1/82012. Seen it for the first time tonight what a beautiful sight. Never seen anything like it. Ohio.

Crystal young Crystal young Message Crystal young
Jan '12

There's one tonight seen in Cincinnati Ohio it's beautiful i called everyone i know and posted on Facebook it's January 8 2012

Katie Ronnebaum Katie Ronnebaum Message Katie Ronnebaum
Jan '12

I have never seen this before. It looks pretty cool, I only got a chance to look at it because my girlfriend told me about it.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Brandon M
Jan '12

One moon. Many places.

I think this is great! Hello new friends from Ohio! Visit often!

Jan '12

We were able to see last nights (1/7/12) halo also in South West Iowa. And we did get a sprinkle of snow overnight.

Iowa Iowa Message Iowa
Jan '12

Hello Iowa!

Jan '12

It's great to hear from all of the different locations ! I hope people post more pictures, I thought Carlas's was beautiful.

Bonv
Jan '12

Damn i could see it !!!

Craiova, Romania !!

Adrien Adrien Message Adrien
Jan '12

from Goerges Mieles...1902...film A Trip To The Moon...back when most people thought the moon was made of green cheese http://youtu.be/DeLjzlFgiEE

oldman oldman Message oldman
Jan '12

anybody see this moon tonight... http://youtu.be/VSFSkiq1FXE

oldman oldman Message oldman
Jan '12

Just got done playin cards with our friends and went out side. Looks crazy thats for sure. Were 40 miles north of st.louis

St Louis St Louis Message St Louis
Jan '12

I saw it last night here in Dallas Tx where a few days ago it was in the 70s and now almost freezing! So beautiful and
Fascinating.

Meaghan Meaghan Message Meaghan
Jan '12

1/9/2011 4:07 am: Just got done watching "Apollo 18" about 30 minutes ago at a friend's house, and strangely enough witness what is apparently a natural occurrence called a halo as my friends walk me to my car. So are Cirrus clouds really abundant tonight or what? So mystifying...

Andrew A Andrew A Message Andrew A
Jan '12

We saw it last night in East Aurora, NY. It was absolutely amazing!

Joyce
Jan '12

I saw the halo last night in Fraser, MI. It's the first time I have seen one a distance from the moon like that. In the past the halo has always been directly around the moon.

I love that we've gone "national" ~ Hello There!!

happy2bhere happy2bhere Message happy2bhere
Jan '12

Im in cleveland ohio and abt half hour ago saw halo arnd the moon beautiful!!!tried to take pic..not so goood. verycool

leslie leslie Message leslie
Jan '12

Love hearing from all these Midwestern people. I have been all over the Country and the Midwestern folks are by far the nicest.

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Jan '12

yes i did, it dont look cool it look scary like the worl about to end

tahquaelaes
Jan '12

Hello big wide world from Bonnie Scotland!
I couldn't believe my eyes on Monday night/Tues morning (9th/10th Jan 12) at 12.40am. Big full moon with the most amazing circles of blue and red colour around it. Just stunning! Took my breath away!

Debi, Elgin, Scotlan Debi, Elgin, Scotlan Message Debi, Elgin, Scotlan
Jan '12

First time to see ring around the moon. Rain is due around 12:00 am curious to see how weather will be.

Danny Bowles Danny Bowles Message Danny Bowles
Feb '12

@Danny Bowles, where are you from?

Bonv
Feb '12

We live in southern Turkey, We have no polution here and at 10pm on the 3rd January 2012, we went out for a meal, I looked up as I often do to observe the stars and I saw the most Beautiful 22 degree Halo around the Moon. I have seen them in southern England before, but this was my 1st one in Turkey! I called to our friends to come and have a look, They had never seen one before in their life time! Soon the whole Restruant was out side looking up. The turkish owners were amaised, they had never seen anything like it before. I exspained to everyone what it was and that it is ice crystles forming the Halo and that it normally means cold weather etc. Our Daughter lives in Izmir Turkey about 400 kilometres from where we live in Fethiye. When I exsplained to the Restruant owner what the Halo normally simbolizes, he told me that they had a lot of snow in Izmir yesterday for the 1st time in 10 years or more ( Very intersting) After a few moments the Halo blew away. Then within 10 mins the Moon had formed another Halo. Southern Turkey is having one of there coldest winters ever this year and we have more snow on the mountains than I can ever remember before in previous years. But What a great night. Shame I never had my camara with me!! Great stuff.

Sharon King Sharon King Message Sharon King
Feb '12

Sharon, thanks for sharing. I am hoping we have no moon halos in NJ tonight if it means that cold weather follows!

maja maja Message maja
Feb '12

Did anyone else see these Halos around the moon in Turkey on January 3rd 2012 ?

Sharon King Sharon King Message Sharon King
Feb '12

HL has gone mega international. Sweeeeet!

Feb '12

Outstanding!

Sharon - If you haven't realize this already, we are *all* from New Jersey. You are the single person ever from Turkey to have posted here. No one else would know. ;-)

I saw the halo tonight ... it was so beautiful here in Jackhorn, Kentucky...2/3/2012 @10:20pm ..I had my 10yr old come out to see it ... he said mom u always have had a crush on the moon , ur in love with it lol kids .... (this made me love it all the more hahaha).. may u all have a wonderful night ..thank u all 4 sharing

SNF SNF Message SNF
Feb '12

Hi GC. Whoops! sorry mate Ý did not realise this! But thanks for pointing this out.
Sharon..

sharon knig sharon knig Message sharon knig
Feb '12

Don't be sorry Sharon. Great to hear from all the folks from afar. :)

Feb '12

they are stupid clouds that comes from other planets lol!

I'm 48yrs. old from Monticello,Kentucky and I never seen anything like what me and all of my family.we all saw a large halo around the moon and right at the moon it looked like a rainbow around it. Some say it means 3 days of rain or snow. we all saw this halo around the moon on 02-03-2012. My sister passed away at 7:30 pm EST. the halo showed up right after my sister passed away at her home. Me and my family believe this was a sign from my sister that she was is Heaven and she was okay and not suffering or in pain any longer. a lot of people in Monticello,Kentucky couldn't see the Halo around the moon.

Becky Jenkins Becky Jenkins Message Becky Jenkins
Feb '12

Naples, Florida 11:11pm, 02/04/2012 Beautiful!

Maureen Maureen Message Maureen
Feb '12

Halo around the moon tonight in Naples, Florida. Never seen anything quite like it. Beautiful

Scott
Feb '12

Night Sky Note for February 4, 2012

Saturday, February 4, 2012
The Moon is within the winter circle. The winter circle consists of seven stars: Sirius, Procyon, Pollux, Castor, Capella, Aldebaran and Rigel.

lllllllll
Feb '12

I saw the circle around the moon tonight it was the first time ive seen it im 14 years old and live in Dallas,Texas
heres an example of wat it looks like

Miguel Angel Pereyra Miguel Angel Pereyra Message Miguel Angel Pereyra
Feb '12

Hi Maureen in Naples! I was a Port Charlotte neighbor for six years. I sure miss winters in Florida...summers not so much.

cbel cbel Message cbel
Feb '12

What a great picture from Miguel.

Bonv
Feb '12

I can see a sweet halo around the moon tonight I'm in Germany. Looks awesome. Never seen that before.

Micky Anderson Micky Anderson Message Micky Anderson
Feb '12

It appeared again tonight in a bit scared to say the truth I mean what if it's the end of the world!?!

Marie Avila Lopez Marie Avila Lopez Message Marie Avila Lopez
Feb '12

Ohhh I'm from California n it looks pretty unusual from this point of view
-10:50 pm

Marie Avila Lopez Marie Avila Lopez Message Marie Avila Lopez
Feb '12

Saw it last night 2/5/2012 around 9:15 pm in hemet california have never seen anything like that before in my life didnt have any idea what it was so I googled it thanks for the info

Sarah1216 Sarah1216 Message Sarah1216
Feb '12

I live in Mountain Rest, SC... 3 days ago the moon was so big and bright coming up and proceeded to get even brighter as the evening went on. We live in the mountains and the woods were so lit up that there were shadows and the sky looked like late dusk even though it was late at night... last night the same... tonight the moon came up bright yellow/orange, then became extremely bright with a greenish halo fanning out to a reddish color.... Same as the other nights being so extremely bright... any thoughts on what this means???

Becky Becky Message Becky
Feb '12

i live in south florida, and the moon is so bright, i can't hardly look at it.

MotherNature MotherNature Message MotherNature
Feb '12

I saw this tonight in Denmark.. it was amazing too see IRL :))

anders i saw the same thing sunday night outside of dayton, ohio USA. verry cool, you got a better pic than me

Zach Zach Message Zach
Mar '12

I'm Also from Monticello Ky. Like a poster before, I live by Lake cumberland where ther are no street lights to dim the view so i've had a pretty good look at the hal. To me me it shows the awesomeness of God. Would anyone happen to have a photo of this? If so, could you either post it or send it? My email is madendaf@hotmail.com

Steve Daffron Steve Daffron Message Steve Daffron
Mar '12

Moon Halo tonight in Jupiter, FL I havent seen this in a while . . . I know it mean a storm/rain is on its way . . . we will see . . . .

Shell
Mar '12

Yes, @ the moment im looking @ it. I am shocked i have not seen this.

Sphumelele Sibiya Sphumelele Sibiya Message Sphumelele Sibiya
Sep '12

Im in Melbourne aus and am looking at it now sept 27 2012,
Looks amazing

BenJi81 BenJi81 Message BenJi81
Sep '12

I lust seen one!!!!! It was totally from God!!! Im in Southern Oregon and have never seen one before but it took my breath away it was only there for about 5 minutes then it was just gone!!!! wow God is so good and I believe its a warning a sign in the heavens! last time I seen a warning over the moon, the earthquake in Japan happen:( All Glory to God!!!!!! come quick !!

JP1 JP1 Message JP1
Sep '12

I saw this is S. of France last night. Guess it's visible all over the world when it happens!

I saw it last night as well...in southern Arizona....I have seen halos around the moon before...but nothing like this one. It was huge, crystal clear, and did not reflect light back around the moon in a smaller circle. In fact, the light of the moon seemed to warble a bit, but the giant circle stayed crystal clear. Pretty amazing!

jdh67 jdh67 Message jdh67
Sep '12

I saw it about 30 minutes ago and its 12:21 pm now on 09/29/2012. It looked like a gaint circle around the moon crystal clear just like jdh67 seen. I live in South Carolina.
God is good.

jrh52 jrh52 Message jrh52
Sep '12

Yes, I live in Austell, GA, & it's a full moon with a huge halo circle around it.

monica
Sep '12

yes! we had observed this effect last midnight. i live in college hostel, vellore India. and all the girls had gathered in the badminton court to get a clear view of the ring. we were fascinated. we are having our exams. and most of us joked about it as if someone was blessing us from above. truely amazing!

Namrata Namrata Message Namrata
Sep '12

I saw it last night about 12 30 09/29/2012.It was so cool!!!!!! I have never seen this type of thing before in my life. I have seen a halo around the moon before like a beem of light around the mooon, but this was differnt tonight the moon had clouds in a circle around it.It was as if god took his finger and drew a circle around the moon with the clouds Im facing a hard most trying time in my life and I look to the sky to find the answers. Last night was like i was ment to see that because i walked out side at the right time. Is that god's way of speeking to us ? i know it said something to me and was a great sight to see!!!!!!!!

josh greer ocala fl josh greer ocala fl Message josh greer ocala fl
Sep '12

seeing it tonite from Manchester England, impressive stuff!!!
wow!

stylybeats stylybeats Message stylybeats
Sep '12

oh, just thought i should say, i can only see the top half of the halo, like a white rainbow way above the moon, not moving, just stayin put.. crazy!

stylybeats stylybeats Message stylybeats
Sep '12

September 29, 2012 I saw a vividly beautiful lunar halo in Solomon, Kansas!!!

Tonight 9/30/2012 there is a halo around the moon its absolutely beautiful

michellegraunke michellegraunke Message michellegraunke
Oct '12

Saw a huge perfect circle around the moon tonight. Really cool.

Jon g
Oct '12

I saw as well from North Aurora,Illinois,,small town about 40minutes west of Chicago..I was in hottub and was staring at it for hours..it was breath taking

Tonight, while going into the building of the college I attend, there it was, this giant ring around the moon. I was so amazed all I could do was glaze at it. At first I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I kept looking and then I turned to see if there was a circle anywhere else in the sky and if anyone else was around me looking. There was not. I was still in so much amazement. As I continued to look, the holy spirit brought to my vision a rainbow or what I thought was a rainbow as well. Then the word Halo came to mind. As I stood there I started thanking God because I knew he was in the circle. I knew that it was a sign to let me know I was where he wanted me to be (in life); that he is watching over me just as he did the Israelites when he told them he was in the cloud and wherever the cloud is that's where they should be because he is in the cloud. He told them not to move until the cloud moves. I had (hours before), prayed for myself and some classmates and our journey. I also had just got off the phone w/ my daughter who is seeking the Lord and studying his word for the change needed in her life. So by faith, I know that it was God. He has never sent me a more clearer sign than this. I've asked for signs before (natural) but not tonight. He showed up when he knew I needed it the most. Please note, this in no way made me a believer...I was already that. This just confirmed his love and faithfulness toward me and toward the earth in which he said: "THE EARTH IS MINE AND THE FULLNESS THEREOF." Be blessed, and no matter what happens know that God will show up when you least expect him! He wants his people to know that he is still manifesting himself just as he did before....He that has an ear, let him hear what the spirit is saying to the church. Oh I'm on this website because I was looking for the meaning of the ring...and it was just as the Holy Spirit said to me...it was God!!! So I had to tell my story!

i was pretty shocked but i guess its natural im from wisconsin and i saw it tonight pretty freaky but cool :D

demeatrex
Oct '12

Here...everyday he shows us. just be quiet, look and listen. Very clear this evening.

sister j
Oct '12

They've Arrived!

Hi-
I've been watching the sky for a year and a half. I believe we're in the end of the age, not long before the sixth seal earthquake in the Book of Revelation. There's a lot of manipulation of the earth happening right now. Many factors including fracking and HAARP acivity are leading to earthquakes, and plates are now breaking apart. There is a massive amount of intentional aerosol spraying in the sky called chemtrails, but the govt. calls it Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering, but they don't quite admit to it, they're trying to pass these long aerosol trails off as water condensation trails. These trails are used in weather control, and can create drought, flooding, severe weather and poisoning of the soil. There's a new film called "Why In The World Are They Spraying?" that includes experts in the fields of weather, solar, soil and also former government employees that speak about the various aspects. The aerosols also appear to be involved with something called Project Blue Beam. This is a program to produce holograms-including visual, sound and movement. Jesus warned about lying signs and wonders, and said that if someone says that Jesus is here, or someplace else, DON'T GO. Job 36:20 also says not to look forward to the night when people disappear. I think this is talking about a false rapture (the idea of a rapture was started by a girl in Scotland who had a 'vision')-there are scriptures about people being taken to the pit (underground bunkers) and killed. This could even appear to look like someone or an angel standing in your house talking to you. On a Jesse Ventura program, he showed that a person's voice could be copied, so the hologram could look and sound like someone you know, even someone who's passed away. Don't go-because the rapture is a lie or a trap. But I copied 11 pages of scriptures about a place of safety here on earth during the last 3 and 1/2 years of the tribulation. I watch the sky here in Wisconsin, and it hasn't been dark blue for over a year. The sun went from round and yellow years ago to enormous and sparkling white-now it's always a hazy blur behind the thick layer of chemtrail aerosols. The moon usually looks sharp, clear and bright. I think this is because what we see of the moon is a holographic image, and the hazy blur around it is some moonlight shining through the layer of chemtrail haze. Call me for more information-(262) 376-8765-United States

Laura Kozicki Laura Kozicki Message Laura Kozicki
Oct '12

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Here I am, freezing my rear end off, getting tired of playing flashlight tag- and then I read the last few posts here. Thank you folks.
Ps. Have you read about our parking lot wars and pink sidewalks? I'd like to see you're response to those!

htownchik htownchik Message htownchik
Oct '12

I just saw Halo around the Moon. It is midnight in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.Maybe storm Sandy has something to do with this?

Lucie Lucie Message Lucie
Oct '12

Ha! O, i have enjoyed reading all these comments!! Saw this beautiful glowing ring tonight @ 9pm for the first time too.. And googled it..landed here.. I live on the west coast of SOUTH AFRICA!!! If it does indicate cool weather .. I would be so grateful, since it's smokin hot summer here :)

It did make me think of these verses: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

For those who would like a teaching on the second coming of Christ : david pawson.org !! Under the heading : His return. But all david pawson's stuff is brilliant!

Blossoms
Nov '12

Hello, Blossoms, from South Africa! Thank you for posting on Hackettstown (NJ, USA) Life. It really is a small world!

cbel cbel Message cbel
Nov '12

Vipin from Kerala (India). Am looking at the big light circle right now.... its looking good...

Vipin Vipin Message Vipin
Nov '12

Hi from Jamaica,

We are also seeing the halo tonight 9:30 pm. it's pretty cool.

Cheers

Matt Matt Message Matt
Nov '12

South Africa, India, and Jamaica. Cool. Best wishes to all of you from Hackettstown, NJ, USA!

cbel cbel Message cbel
Nov '12

Yes seeing halo around moon, Yissi in Jamaica Nov 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Yissi Yissi Message Yissi
Nov '12

Huge ring around the moon tonight in Florida. It's incredible. However, there's a bright star directly in the ring. Not sure what it means but it's surely a sight to see.

Luna Luna Message Luna
Nov '12

That "star" is the planet Jupiter, and tonight it will appear to be right next to the full moon. It should be very nice.

Rich Rich Message Rich
Nov '12

Is this thread a joke? Hard to believe we have people from around the globe on this site...just sayin. Or should I post "oh I see the moon here in Amsterdam right now!"

Natalie
Nov '12

Natalie, it's real. They can tell by where the IP address is coming from. If you google "circle around the moon", you see our site, and the heading, "Has anyone see the circle around the moon in the sky tonight?" just begs people to click on our link.

Rich Rich Message Rich
Nov '12

I think it's great. We don't live in a vacuum and I love when people from all over the world find us.

Except for requests for Genevieve, of course. But GC handles them for us. :)

cbel cbel Message cbel
Nov '12

Natalie - Yes, it's for real. While many of the people more recently have given their locations now that they can see everyone else has done that and are so scattered. But not always, and earlier in the thread people didn't do that yet were from the south west, Oregon, and Italy. The posts really are coming from Scotland, Turkey, South Africa, and Jamaica. ;-)

cbel - Sshhh!!!! No need to temp fate, that thread needs to be blown to bits so the Genie can retire.

Genie: One can only hope. I'm with you. You have taken responsibility and handled it beyond measure!

cbel cbel Message cbel
Nov '12

In New Jersey, the sky will be clear and should make viewing the Full Moon very enjoyable.

Nov '12

Here's a good article on tonight's Moon-Jupiter viewing:
http://www.space.com/18655-jupiter-full-moon-night-sky.html

Rich Rich Message Rich
Nov '12

I am in Tx and wow sitting on my front porch and looking the moon was the prettiest thing every. I also saw a green cirlce around it as well. Did anyone see the green around it? It was really pretty never seen green around the moon before.

Moe Moe Message Moe
Dec '12

Yes ... Amazing!! God is still in control!!

Tina W. Tina W. Message Tina W.
Dec '12

I am in Louisiana & there is a big ring around the moon! The moon is not a full moon & it looks really weird! I think its beautiful but very strange & different!

April Gaines
Dec '12

There is a "large" circle around the moon tonight...I have seen ones ,on several occasions, that were smaller..(old wives tale of rain on the way) but have never seen one this large...9:30p.m.,38 degrees, two days after first quarter, just south of Hattiesburg,Ms....Has anyone else seen it?

Jeff Jeff Message Jeff
Dec '12

My church member called me not long ago and told me to step outside and lookat the moon and I see a big like halo around the moon its beautiful I'm 36yrs old and never seen that before many say snow or rain but I say with all that's going on in the world I don't know what it is but I know its time to know Jesus and know Him for real Jeus is on His way back and it want be very long I don't know about y'all but I got my life in order and praying daily to my Father to keep me

felecia felecia Message felecia
Dec '12

Yes, in Greenwood, MS. This is my first time ever seeing one.

JenJ. JenJ. Message JenJ.
Dec '12

My Dad here in Missouri says snow is on the way mycousin Sharon is digging her snow boots!!

matwell44@gmail.com
Dec '12

I had never even heard of this ring around the moon thing before..but apparently it happens all the time. My brother texted me about it earlier so I walked outside and checked it out..kinda spooked me with this whole "end of the world thing" so I googled it and found this. I am from northeast louisiana.

Matthew H.
Dec '12

How nice to see all of you outside of New Jersey posting on our Hackettstown forum.

Merry Christmas everyone!

cbel cbel Message cbel
Dec '12

Caused by Cirrus clouds a precursor to a hell of a storm. There was a halo around the moon pre-Sandy that was scene as far away as the Mid-west.

Me4 Me4 Message Me4
Dec '12

San Leandro Ca 12/22/12 8:36 P M
Vintayen saw their first Hali moment

vint Marl vint Marl Message vint Marl
Dec '12

In Cairns Australia there's a halo round the moon tonight it's awsome

Jonno
Dec '12

Hi, I'm in Bridlington. East Yorkshire, Uk
First noticed the ring around the moon at about 10 pm, not a frost-ring which can be yellowish, but a clear space around the moon , with a light cloud ring to the outer edge. as time has passed the clear area inside the ring is getting larger and at 11.45pm had doubled in size. It looks amazing, have never seen this before.
As we are due more rain again, I expect this to be a forewarning of more bad weather to come?

Bronwen. Bronwen. Message Bronwen.
Dec '12

Yes!

Larry Drummond Larry Drummond Message Larry Drummond
Dec '12

Dec 23rd 2012 @ 10pm halo around the moon most beautiful thing ever. God sees us all.

Jeni Jeni Message Jeni
Dec '12

I seen one on 12/23/12 @ 11:11 pm it was huge never seen anything like it looked at it for a good thirty minutes...amazing
#friona.tx

Jessica dominguez
Dec '12

December 24th 2012 @ 9:17 first time ever seeing an halo around
The moon!!! Chills down my spine experience!! Truly awesome!!

saquilla
Dec '12

Yes, around 9 PM in Spring Hill, Florida (north of Tampa). First time I've ever seen it, and there was a large star to the left of the moon. . . maybe a planet? On Christmas Eve, made it rather special!

Betty Betty Message Betty
Dec '12

December24,2012 theres a large halo around the moon. It does seem biblical. Very pretty but scarey too! Bear creek, al

tammy kelley tammy kelley Message tammy kelley
Dec '12

From Bear Creek, Al, The large halo around the moon is very noticeable from here. It does seem biblical . Its very large and the moon is in the center. Pretty but scarey also. In 40 yrs ive never seen this before.

tammy kelley tammy kelley Message tammy kelley
Dec '12

Here's some cool info from Spaceweather.com:

ODD-RADIUS MOON HALOS: Many sky watchers have witnessed a halo around the moon--a ring of light that surrounds the lunar disk at a radius of 22 degrees. The phenomenon is caused by pencil-shaped ice crystals in cirrus clouds that bend moonlight. On Dec. 21st, Harald Edens of Magdalena, New Mexico, witnessed a rare double halo:

"Just after 7 PM local time I noticed a bright 22-degree halo around the moon," says Edens. "It was only when I started photographing that halo when I discovered a rare 9-degree halo inside the 22-degree halo."

The inner 9-degree halo is caused by ice crystals in the shape of pyramids. "Apart from the 9-degree circular halo, an 18-degree and perhaps a 35-degree circular halo were also present at times," he adds. All of these "odd-radius" halos are caused by icy pyramids - http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/pyrhalo.htm.

The display quickly became even more varied. Edens saw at least a dozen different kinds of luminous rings and arcs, enumerated in his complete description of the event. "The display was highly transient," he notes. "Not only did the cirrus move fairly swiftly in the sky, but the halos - especially the odd-radius halos - appeared to come and go over the course of just a few minutes." But what a few minutes it was! - http://spaceweather.com/gallery/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=74938

Rich Rich Message Rich
Dec '12

I say the circle I thought is it a ship or a shadow?

kelly figueroa kelly figueroa Message kelly figueroa
Dec '12

Im seeing one right now. Albuquerque,New Mexico 12/25/12...at 10:36pm. I heard that it means really bad weather is on its way and all the bright stars around the moon and between the halo represents the amount of days the bad weather will last.I only see one here.

David dranucci David dranucci Message David dranucci
Dec '12

It is 1:16 am December 26, 2012 we have seen it for 3 days now. The first day it was very light. The second day you could see it better. Today wow you can very good. We are in sapulpa, ok.

vickie barnett
Dec '12

looked out tonight liverpool uk 10 pm looks fantastic can see jupiter to the side of it

peter peter Message peter
Dec '12

we have seen it tonight in tupelo, ms. it looks great, but i don't want snow. we are expecting rain tomorrow.

Tina Smith Tina Smith Message Tina Smith
Dec '12

Helena, montana........huge ring around the moon! 2nd night in a row, i should add that it is a full moon. I tried taking a pic, but no luck! Even with my big fancy HTC DROID DNA! LOL. The date is December 29th the time is right around 1am.

josh mccrossin josh mccrossin Message josh mccrossin
Dec '12

My husband & I seen a large circle cloud ring around the moon around 4am on Sunday December 30, 2012 in Fortworth, Texas. My husband & I thought it was the most amazing thing to see. We have never seen anything like it ever before. It made us both think of Sweet Jesus.....

Wade & Darla Wade & Darla Message Wade & Darla
Dec '12

My sister called last night, Dec. 29th, 2012 at 9:16pm, and said that she and her daughter were witnessing a strange occurrence while viewing the moon from Austin, TX. Seems they saw something shoot out from the moon; then saw jets heading toward that location from earth. I've looked all over the net and have found nothing on this. Did anyone happen to be looking at the moon around 9:10-9:20pm Dec. 29th and witness anything strange? I told her I would check if anyone had. My moon view was obscured by the tall trees of my neighborhood.

Cat Cat Message Cat
Dec '12

Keep posting your stories from around the planet.

Dec '12

tonight 4:50 a.m i saw this from The Gambia in West Africa for the first time and could not help thinking what actually was it and why is it happenning?

Alpha Sumareh Alpha Sumareh Message Alpha Sumareh
Jan '13

There was a large ring around the moon at 6:00 this morning in north western New Jersey. I couldn't stop looking at it!

Laurie Haefner Laurie Haefner Message Laurie Haefner
Jan '13

Montana - Jan. 2, 2013, 10:30 p.m. I saw the double halos around the moon! I love nature's gifts. I have seen this several times in my life. Always spell binding. I have seen the double sun dog rainbows around the sun several times as well. Also beautiful and awesome. No forecast for snow here in Montana. Isn't it amazing when an event like this happens and world-wide we are joined in the awe of such a spectacle?

Linda Smith Linda Smith Message Linda Smith
Jan '13

Very well said, Linda.

Rich Rich Message Rich
Jan '13

23 dec 2012 10 30 pm paphos cyprus clear nite big ring round moon like si fic lots saw it

ronald ronald Message ronald
Jan '13

The circle around the moon is back tonight. 01-21-13

it is january the 21 it is my 1 time seeing it it is cool:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Lol i thought it looked like a sign from a store in my pic. You can't see it but it is there
Best night ever and weird and it was like history!!!!!!! !!!!!!!:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) i hope peps see this because i saw some from 2009 and you might be seeing this in2018 so i hope you liked it good night!!!!!!!!:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

jordan
Jan '13

Hi my name is jordanit is my first time seeing itin my picture you can't see it but it is in there and i hope you see it cause i saw one from 2008 and it is 20013 and you might see this in 2018 good night

jordan jordan Message jordan
Jan '13

were seeing it in flordia so im pretty sure no snow

kitkat kitkat Message kitkat
Jan '13

Jan. 21,2013 just looked at the moon in Mississippi .wow giant ring around it with a tiny star

Elijah
Jan '13

It's beautiful!!! In Penacola, Florida... Think it's amazing that we all see it!!! We see the star too...

Kristine Taylor Kristine Taylor Message Kristine Taylor
Jan '13

Jan 21,2013. 8pm My husband called me outside to see the moon and its halo. We are in Cottonton Alabama. I am so thankful to be able to enjoy the precious sight. God created the heavens and the earth. Please take time to enjoy the big and the small.

NANCY KITE
Jan '13

It was so bright outside last night that I got up and looked out the window, hoping to see "the ring". Sadly, no, but glad that others did.

maja maja Message maja
Jan '13

Hello, i am from Bacolod City, Philippines and it's my first time to see such wonder of nature that I texted and informed some relatives and friends about it. An uncle replied, it's the Eye of God. truely it is amazing to know and see God watching over us.

Cecile M. Cecile M. Message Cecile M.
Jan '13

i told pepole on face book the marshanes marsheanes are coming.

What an awesome site to see. Ive lived in Montana all my life and last nits is the first Timi ive seen that.

dalena klein
Jan '13

i hav seen it dose i meen that the world ig going to end?

I saw it in NJ (central) on March 22 night. It was absolutely amazing to see it. Thanks for sharing the info on what it is...

Ross Ross Message Ross
May '13

has anyone? see something in the sky last night, may 12, 2013 at around 12am. we've been saw a shining circle, planet like and its color is orange and it's 10x bigger than a star. Has anyone know that and see that.???

Alfred Alfred Message Alfred
May '13

Last nite was the second time I have seen that over my house! I know my God loves me and my family! How awesome is that was for me and my family to have seen it twice this year!

pamela burke pamela burke Message pamela burke
Sep '13

Tonight, at 12:01AM, I went out to retrieve my dogs and call them in, for the night. And, as I always do, I looked up into the night sky, to behold my first halo around the moon. I ran inside and called all of the family out to behold an amazing sight. We all gasped and felt we were apart of a wonderful happening. Now that I know this is a recognized happening, I thank God I got to share it, with my family, Anyhow......

Charleen Morgan Charleen Morgan Message Charleen Morgan
Dec '13

Ring around the moon. I call it God's Halo.

Jan '14

First time I've noticed here in the Philippines Jan 13 2014 around 10:30 p.m. and it's amazing to watch it.

leunam
Jan '14

Did anyone get a picture of the ring around the moon April 12, 2014? In the Greenwood Indiana area. This was my daughter s wedding night and, at the Time,, I didn't think to snap it.

Alan Alan Message Alan
Apr '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Your Web Site (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.