Wormlike bug

Anyone else see these black little wormlike bugs? I saw a couple crawling across my floor and when I went outside my front door and walkway were covered with them. Didn't see them during the day, but there were a ton at night.

Beans
Nov '09

Take a picture and post what you saw.

Jenmcf Jenmcf Message Jenmcf
Nov '09

They could be a life form from another world

CagedAnimal CagedAnimal Message CagedAnimal
Nov '09

Sounds like millipedes

Kate S. Kate S. Message Kate S.
Nov '09

Re: Wormlike bug

I guess I always thought millipedes were bigger....these guys are no more than an inch long....but looking at some other pics of them on the web that might be exactly what they are.

Beans
Nov '09

Could be a mealworm...pic is kind of fuzzy though

coach
Nov '09

Do they curl up into a circle when touched? We have those too.

blackcat blackcat Message blackcat
Nov '09

yup...that's exactly what they do...don't seem to be too hard to get rid of either...sprayed some kitchen bug killer around my outside walkway last night and swept up all their little carcasses this morning...was just surprised to see how many there were.

Beans
Nov '09

At work we have been over run with these little worms - is anyone else noticing a "smell" with them - we can't figure out if it is them or our mats - we did not have the smell until they showed up

we have sprayed and they all seem to be dead, but still have a smell - just wondering

they do stink when you kill them and crunch too. Some years I would see a million of those things outside my house. Other years none. Not sure why though. I would get them in my basement also. I didn't like using chemicals in my house so a mixture of bleach and water in a spray bottle killed them just fine.

sack
Nov '09

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.