Gold's Gym Membership Buy Out

Can someone take over Gold's gym membership "buy out" if I don't use the gym often anymore and want to get rid of it? If anyone is interested, I have one....

DEVILISH
Nov '09

You cant do that, I believe. Your face is on file under your ID #

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Nov '09

golds is like selling your soul unless you die your pretty much stuck with them they wouldent even cancel with a note from my surgeon (i had back surgery in sept) they said they can put it on hold as long as i want and add the months to the end but would still bill me while on hold

shoebie shoebie Message shoebie
Nov '09

They wouldn't let you cancel your membership even with a surgeon's recommendation?! I was thinking strongly about switching to them this week however that just changed my mind as I find that quite unprofessional and actually kind of rude!

Someone Someone Message Someone
Nov '09

They also really hound you about joining, I stopped in six months ago just to get the prices and to look around, they have called my house 42 times asking me if I was going to join. I have told them no I joined another gym at least three times and they contiue to call now we just don't answer.

earnhardt earnhardt Message earnhardt
Nov '09

Yeesh! If you're registered to the do not call, I bet you could report them for that. That's quite obnoxious if it really has been that many times.

Someone Someone Message Someone
Nov '09

YMCA is where you want to be and I wish we had one in town ...

i would be in love if there was a y near by they are amazing!!!

yupp they said they would gladly put my acnt on hold and add the months to the end but i would still have to pay i have not been there since july and have been paying every month since $42 but without a y they are the only full gym around here

Nov '09

They have messed up several times when my kids put their membership on hold while they were at college. The financial company you have to deal with is terrible and when you call Gold's directly, they tell you to call the financial company. They have messed up several times. They finally both canceled the membership. It's unfortunate because my one daughter started her membership before they opened and would have been locked in at $29.99/mo.

MAC MAC Message MAC
Nov '09

Join Achieve.

Mickey8791
Nov '09

I have had problems with golds too..I was having my credit card billed directly every month until one day I went in and they told me my account was frozen because I had not paid the bill??? What?? Turns out my credit card expired..I did not think to give them the new exp. date when I got my new card in the mail...So i gave them the new card..but they charged me late fees??? I was floored..maybe they could have just asked me for the updated exp date...I also wanted to hold my membership due to a surgery and they gave me a hard time...that was the final straw so I canceled!

pumpkin pie
Nov '09

How did you cancel? They won't let me cancel for anything so I am trying everything that I can. I don't have the money anymore for this 50 dollar a month crap.

DEVILISH
Nov '09

If anyone finds a loophole-let me know! When we joined, we were told we could freeze the account-but left out the important info that we would still be charged even if the membership was on hold. I like the atmosphere but we really don't have the time to get there and I wasn't pleased with the condition I found one of the kids in when I went in to pick up my own one day so I won't use the babysitting. Also, I think some of the "perks" should be included with the membership!

2Cents 2Cents Message 2Cents
Nov '09

Here is the information from the golds website...good luck

CANCELLATION PROCEDURES

Your membership agreement will renew automatically on a month to month basis at the end of your agreed term. You may cancel the auto renewal at anytime by contacting our member services and providing them a 60 day written notice by fax, email or registered mail and your agreement will end once you have reached your obligation. Once your membership has auto renewed you can cancel your membership at anytime by contacting our member services and providing them a 60 day written notice by fax, email or registered mail

pumpkin pie
Nov '09

2cents what do you mean by some of the "perks" should be included ? Besides tanning and the milkshak bar everything is included

pumpkin pie that is only after your contract ends

I personally have not been in 5 months and had to pay every month since there customer service leaves alot to be desired!

I wih we had a lifetime fitness now thats an amazing place!

Nov '09

This is what happen to my daughter. When she put her membership on hold while she is a college, they kept withdrawing from her credit card. After several call to the ABC Financial company which handles the membership fees and Golds Gym, we were told that when you put any amount of months on hold, it is withheld at the end of the year. For instances, if you put a 3 month hold on your membership in January you would still pay monthly until the last 3 months of that year. It doesn't make any sense. Please make sure you save any email from them and always ask for the name of the person you spoke to. We have had several problems with them losing emails and claiming we didn't cancel in writing. Sometimes they say you can freeze a membership 3 month a year and sometimes they claim you can do it 4 months a year. Terrible company to deal with.

MAC MAC Message MAC
Nov '09

correct, I am pretty sure you have to wait til your contract ends to cancel..

pumpkin pie
Nov '09

You can cancel your gym membership if you move more the 25 miles from the Hackettstown location...unless there is another Gold's within 25 miles of your new residence.

PREDATOR PREDATOR Message PREDATOR
Nov '09

You Can join achieve 24 fitness they have a month to month membership. but besides that call the billing company and have your agreement number handy. You might get stuck with the 60 notice but get the ball rolling. if you are currently under contract then contact them60 days before your contract is finished so that the 12 (or 11th since you probably paid first up front) is the final payment.

hey yall
Nov '09

Shoebie-towels and babysitting aren't included, either. $4 sounds affordable until you take two kids 3x/week! It's moot, anyhow since I wasn't pleased with the babysitting the few times we tried it.

2Cents 2Cents Message 2Cents
Nov '09

I just think Gold's sucks. If you LOSE your job, you should be able to cancel.... how do they think you are going to pay if you do not have any income? I mean seriously... it is rediculous what these people are made of. Nobody cares if you can't afford it anymore... I just yelled at them and told them I will never refer anyone to their gym in the future....

DEVILISH
Nov '09

Just some feedback from the Gold's Gym info.
2cents what was the issue with the kids club? My kids LOVE IT! $15 unlimited for the month is an awesome price. It is always clean and the staff is great!

Predator - If you move 25 miles or further you can cancel your agreement even if there is a Gold's Gym near you.

Pumpkin Pie - You can call the billing company at anytime and tell them that you want to send your letter in now so that when you reach your 12 months you don't go to the 13th month. I think if you just do what needs to be done, there really isn't any problems.

I don't mean to come across being rude, but it is a wonderful facility and a great staff!

Gold's Gym has contributed to many community organizations and they have supported their members. Someone had commented on losing their job and Gold's should cancel their membership. Did you ask your car dealership to stop your car payment?

sweet pea
Dec '09

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.