Need BEST $15 gift exchange gift....

C'mon folks, give me those ideas!!!! Something good!!!! Something different!!! Something YOU would love to get!!!

Bring em on!

Ladybug
Nov '09

Ladybug You just made me soooooo thankful that I am laid off and do not have to do the gift exchange. LOL Gotta admit that I participated reluctantly. Really do we need that $15 gift from the unknown.

My fav gift would be opting out and not feeling guilty for not participating. Sorry. Bah Humbug I guess.

Firefly Firefly Message Firefly
Nov '09

I think a better idea than giving or receiving a $15 gift is for everyone in the group to chip in the money and give it to a local family in need. Sorry i could not be of better help :)

Jenn Jenn Message Jenn
Nov '09

Aside from the idea of giving to a needy family-which is a really good idea IMO, I am a Mary Kay consultant and I have really cute gifts for as little as $10! Free wrappping and delivery. Some ideas are our most popular hand cream in a festive mug; our foot cream with a pair of cozy socks...just some ideas. If you are interested, send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to help you out!

2Cents 2Cents Message 2Cents
Nov '09

15 balloons from the dollar store!!!

Try some of the dollar stores, they may have some interesting things that fell off the truck :)

Sunshine Sunshine Message Sunshine
Nov '09

Does your gift go to specific person or do you pass around in some kind of game?

Bessie Bessie Message Bessie
Nov '09

lottery tickets - scratch off's.

Sams club has some low priced gift basket like items. They include candies, cookies, coffee's, nuts and such. I am sure that Target and Walmart will have similar items. (we usually picked up a few of these low priced gift baskets for my daughter's holiday tricky tray when she was in preschool - gave more chances for people to win something)

Money tree - make a tree out of pipe cleaners and place 15 one dollar bills on it. It is a cute way of displaying the money instead of a gift card. (you could also use a small live pointsetta plant and then stick the money in it as well)

Dunkin Donuts should also have some sort of gift bag coming out - otherwise, one of their mugs and a pound of coffee (could also be done with Starbucks stuff as well).

Kohls should have some cute office like gift sets - thinking of a magnetic dart board that I once got at the office. With their sales, you should be able to find something,

Set of glasses and a bottle of drink mix (not the alcohol - just the drink mix)

Nice bottle of wine.

The list goes on and on! Have fun.

Coralie Coralie Message Coralie
Nov '09

St.Judes Children's hospital sells some very cute items.....plus it's for a great cause. I love the dishes such as the Santa plate or treat for santa set. Here is the link to the gifts that are $11-$21

http://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/shop.do?cID=13184

Nosila
Nov '09

HAHAHA...I didn't scroll down far enough to read who had written the 1st response, but before I was even done reading it I new it had to be you Firefly my dear, LOL

As usual I agree...But if I had to do this I would go with the scratch-offs...that's what I would like to receive.

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73 Message Lori...since '73
Nov '09

I make homemade Belgium Chocolate, the Chocolate is Gluten free, Peanut free, Egg free, and Tree free(walnuts or nuts of any kind. I also carry Sugar-free if interested. I have Gift Baskets for Women, and Children. I can do almost anything, I carry all different molds, example Motorcycles, Trucks, Angels, If interested please e-mail me.

chrisb
Nov '09

How about... Second Time Around on Main St. in Hackettstown (908) 684-8000

Nov '09

I like the idea of scratch offs, BUT I think they work best with something else. I would like to receive 10 bucks worth of scratch offs and a tin of homemade cookies. Michaels has ADORABLE Christmas tins for 5 bucks. If you include the cost of ingredients I guess that goes a little over, so I guess you could do 5 of scratch offs, lol.

Sandy Sandy Message Sandy
Nov '09

Ahhhhhhh Lori - you know me so well. My cynical side roars it's ugly head when it come to a useless gift exchange. Your co-workers will not be satisfied no matter what and feel as though they did not get their "money's worth" but what the heck. I would go with scratch off's for the entertainment value ! Make mine a winning one please. Personally I like Toy's for Tots or something similar. You can get a kid a great gift for $15.

Firefly Firefly Message Firefly
Nov '09

Ooh, for 15 you could also give a movie pass and 5 different movie size candies (they sell them at Dollar tree). I would love to get that gift. :)

Nov '09

Another thought, if it's for a woman, a manicure at Studio nails is only 12 bucks. Get her a gift cert and put in three bucks for the tip! :)

Nov '09

Sandy, I would love the scratch offs and homemade cookies, nice idea. We've done gift exchanges at work and don't think a majority of the people thought there gifts were useless. I think if you take the time to find out what the person you have would like, it's fun. We haven't done a gift exchange in a while here, lots of bah humbugs with the current staff, LOL.

Nov '09

Sandy,

Am I ignorant? What is a movie size candle?

Nov '09

Ha Ha Lorie! I read "candles" the first time, too, but Sandy said "candies".

cbel cbel Message cbel
Nov '09

LOL, Lori, what would that be? A candle to light your way when navigating a darkened theater? ;) Bessie our office does a gift exchange too, and everyone loves it. We all try really hard to find cheap gifts people will actually like, or find funny. It's not that hard, as long as your heart isn't 3 sizes too small. ;)

Nov '09

We usually write down 3 or 4 things we'd like within the price range and then draw names. Not sure if you're doing a random exchange or Secret Santa type, but that may help.
What about an Entertainment book? Gift that keeps on giving...

Amommy Amommy Message Amommy
Nov '09

cbel,

Thank you! I read it at least 3 times trying to figure out what they might be...I guess what my eye saw the first time I continued to see each subsequent time, LOL

Sandy,

My mind did wander in that direction...Figured there MUST be a fire code against that! haha

I was trying to save money and skipped my yearly eye exam...could ya tell?

Nov '09

Don't worry Lori, it happens to all of us. :) I am pretty sure the fire marshal wouldn't like that one bit though. ;)

Nov '09

A ten and a five dollar bill.

No offense but the dollar stores are full of junk. I would rather go to a nice store and buy a really nice coffee mug to exchange.

emaxxman emaxxman Message emaxxman
Nov '09

yes emaxxman, you are so right and most of the stuff is made in China. OK don't go there (my bad0

Nov '09

Here's a more constructive answer: my wife got me a nice French Press (big coffee fan) last year. There are many of all different sizes and you can easily find one for $15 or less.

emaxxman emaxxman Message emaxxman
Nov '09

How about the Vanilla Market in Allamuchy!!!

Lisa Lisa Message Lisa
Nov '09

emaxxman, mind if I ask where you got one for less than $15? I always wanted to try one of those but never pursued looking for one. I always assumed they were expensive. I'm also a coffee fan, though I do refer to myself as a coffee snob sometimes, LOL.

Nov '09

Bessie,
I think target has them. I have a small one, and can't remember where I bought it, but probably target, walmart or the like. It's by BODUM.

Amommy Amommy Message Amommy
Nov '09

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.