Vasa Park Concerts - Wow

I really can't believe this. Moe is coming to Vasa park this summer. Also this summer Dark Star Orchestra and Keller Williams. These are some of the biggest names on the jamband scene. Especially Moe - they are kind of like what Phish was in the 90s.

I really never even heard of Vasa Park before but i see it is right off of Wolfe Rd. on the border of Budd Lake and H-town.

Watch out for crazy traffic on those nights LOL.

http://www.createavibe.com/vasapark.html

Will there be a beer tent?

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Jun '09

This says they have a full bar...

http://www.createavibe.com/vasainfo.html

ianimal ianimal Message ianimal
Jun '09

Vasa park is 100% budd lake. They hold alot of events there including the indian pow wow coming up.

Htownmama
Jun '09

calico im going to all of them hopefully
and bryan im sure ill cya there
and last year they had a bear TRUCK
with taps on the side of it
its ganna be killer!!!!

Deadhead Deadhead Message Deadhead
Jun '09

im soooooooo excited about dark star and keller willams
ganna be SICK

Jun '09

I saw Dark Star Orchestra at Vasa last year and had great time. Vasa Park is a great setting for a concert so I was really happy to hear that moe. would be there on July 5th. My boyfriend and I will be vendors at all three concerts there this summer. We sell aromatherapy soaps and make-your-own spin art.

Vasa Park is really easy to get to. They park you and put you on vans to get up to the concert area since it's a bit of a hike.

Wendy Wendy Message Wendy
Jun '09

Tell me about Moe, $32.50 seems like some serious dough. What is the music genre?

Firefly Firefly Message Firefly
Jun '09

Wow. I'm so there.

btownguy btownguy Message btownguy
Jul '09

It is a little pricey for tickets....I think I'll skip it.

Jul '09

Railroad Earth will be there at some point this summer too.

thats acually pretty cheap for moe
there a jam band and a really good one
i suggest you go

Jul '09

Firefly and Calico:
They are definitely worth $32.50. .moe. is the best jam band out there right now. I saw them at the Sherman Theatre a little while back and I was converted to a moe.ron immediately.

Jul '09

Think I will pass on the jam as I am more of a jelly fan.

Jul '09

Does anyone know how big Vasa park is (capacity wise)? How much parking is there?

I remember seeing moe at waterloo village like 10 years ago. I may have seen them 1 other time too. Would love to see this place turn into the "new" Waterloo as far as concerts go.

wendy maybe ill get some spin art it looks fun

Jul '09

Thanks Wendy, but $32 is not worth it to me for one band that I never hear of. I just saw 5 national acts this past weekend for $59. I also have some other events I would rather attend this summer.

Jul '09

Calico agreed.

Jul '09

Great deadhead! Look for the Cosmic Spin Art sign.

Jul '09

I didn't realize that this is a private park. It's just basically a soccer field and a bunch of houses. Seems strange.

Awesome bicycle destination for you intrepid hippies.... main st/46, left on east ave/mine hill rd, right on stevens state park road, left on sandshore, right on smithtown.

deansangie
Jul '09

The guys putting it together are from the Creat-A-Vibe camp. Solid guys. They also book at the Mexicali blues Cafe in Teneck. They used to book The Stanhope House before some minor problems with the owner. They always great good stuff if you like jam bands.
I believe they have a myspace for festival they are doing. Im sure if you look it up online you can get their e-mail addy and hit them up for some info.

Jeff
Jul '09

Apparently, it's a very tight-knit Swedish-American community...

http://www.vasaorder.com/districts/district6.shtm

Jul '09

ian - Their Skandfest has always been amazing. I know one of the officers of the group.

Pffft... show me a Skandfest that ISN'T amazing... (-;

Jul '09

Just wanted to bump this up for those of you who do not know that moe. is going to be at Vasa Park tomorrow. Tickets at the door are $45.00 I think and the gate opens at 1:00 PM.

moe. is just one of those bands that has to be seen live to be appreciated and it's just so unbelievably convenient that they're just going to be up the hill there.

Also wanted to mention that Jerry, the owner of Sound Effects music (formerly of Hackettstown now in Netcong), will be at the table next to mine selling CDs and used LPs.

My boyfriend and I will be selling make-your-own spin art and aromatherapy soap (mostly patchouli for this crowd, of course).

Jul '09

omg wendy thanks for that i now jerry and i used to bye vinlys from him when he was in htown

Jul '09

moe was amazing and i bought 2 of the spin art from wendy

Jul '09

deadhead, why didn't you identify yourself? Several Deadheads bought spin art and I was wondering if one of them was you. Try to introduce yourself if you come back for Dark Star.

We sold one spin art to the daughter of moe.'s bass player and didn't realize he was in our booth with her!

Jul '09

coool i was the one who came back twice imn ot sure if you remeber. your husband was talking to my friend about the sherman theatre

ill introduce myself next time at dark star
cant wait for that

Jul '09

Can someone tell me when is the indian Pow Wow thanks

chrisb
Jul '09

Re: Vasa Park Concerts - Wow

The last of the summer 2009 Create-A-Vibe concerts at Vasa is this Saturday (08/29). The lineup includes Railroad Earth, Dar Williams, Steve Forbert and some other acts that I haven't heard before.

Here's the link although I don't think I pasted it in quite right.

http://www.createavibe.com/hobo.html

The moe. and Dark Star concerts were really fun and I'm beginning to suspect I would enjoy practically anything at Vasa. It's such a nice setting and easy to get to since we end up taking the backroads to get back to 46 West after the shows.

Once more we'll be selling Cosmic Spin Art and aromatherapy soaps and Jerry of Sound Effects will be with us again selling CD's and used LP's.

Aug '09

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.