Full Charge Bookkeeper
Full Charge Bookkeeper Position
Almetek Industries Inc. is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper with at least 5 years of experience to join its team! In this position you will spearhead the bookkeeping duties for Almetek and its sister company Lordon as well as supervise Almetek’s Accounts Receivable Clerk and Accounts Payable Clerk. This candidate will compute and record numerical data for Almetek and Lordon to keep their financial records accurate and complete. They will work closely with our outside accounting firm and provide documents to them and Executive Management as requested. The ideal candidate maintains a high level of confidentiality, holds a degree in accounting, and has some supervisory experience.
• Accounting degree
• 5 years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience
• Supervisory experience
• Highly confidential nature
• Responsible for Cash Management, Financial Statements, and overseeing the Accounts Payable Clerk and Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Coordinate and tabulate input of all figures for monthly and year end closing of general ledger for Almetek and Lordon companies
• Check balances of all cash accounts to ensure they have the minimum required balances, transferring large balances to interest earning accounts as needed
• Match online shopping cart orders against the bank to confirm money is received, then record on spreadsheet
• Ensure that entries being made by Accounts Payable clerk and Accounts Receivable clerk are accurate and that correct general ledger numbers are assigned to each account. Be fully versed in the AP and AR responsibilities to provide backup as needed.
• Conduct bank reconciliations for: operating account, payroll account, petty cash account, Lordon operating account, money market account, wire account, HRA account
• Check the VNB accounts- email all EFT deposits to AR and code all cash payments before sending to AP
• Check the operating accounts to ensure that cash and credit card deposits from AR match what was received
• Check the wire account and send amounts to AR; transfer any deposits to the operating account
• Pay all online bills and set up automatic payments as needed. Pay any manual checks that cannot be done by AP.
• Pay 3M invoices on online portal. Carefully match the packing slip to invoice and send to AP for system input.
• Close all Lordon purchase orders in procurement.
• Run all preliminary reports and send to CEO for monthly distribution.
• Print cash bank statements at month end for reconciliation. Reconcile all checks for the month using the prior month’s outstanding checks/bank statement and investigate with AP where needed.
• Prepare all adjustments for the prior month including payroll, account transfers, inventory, medical deductible accounts, 401K. Enter all inventory information on Inventory Spreadsheet
• Confirm cash payments are entered, adjustments made before running income statement, balance sheet, and budget pages for CEO/management.
• Cash disbursements: verify all cash, ACH, online, and check payments have been recorded. They should match VNB reconciliation spreadsheet, the bank, and the Powerlink system.
• Compare disbursement, adjustment, deposit totals monthly and work out discrepancies
• Run all final reports
• Perform fiscal year-end close at the end of the fiscal year
• Maintain annual spreadsheet of machinery and computer items to provide to outside accountant at year end for depreciation purposes
• Pay NJ and SC state sales taxes and provide tax information to outside accountant.
• Send financial information to outside accountant monthly for audit before closing the month
• Set up annual budget meetings with CEO, President and HR Generalist. Draft annual budgets in a timely manner then distribute and monitor monthly departmental budgets. Conduct monthly departmental budget meetings as needed with the CEO.
• Provide complete payroll backup for HR Generalist; be familiar with Genesis Pro Time & Attendance program and Paylocity payroll program
• Keep track of monies needed to pay invoices, cover checks written, and advise when cash flow is low
• Code natures for credit cards. Compile receipts and summarize on spreadsheet before giving to AP to enter as cash payment
• Maintain record of company vehicle paperwork: licenses, registration, insurance
• File all necessary tax information as needed, very rarely there may be out of state employees
• Complete 1099s for calendar year end with outside accountant
• Set up manual check registers monthly; set up monthly folders to collect deposits etc.
• Keep track of petty cash and any disbursements
• Enter information from Booking and Backlog Control to month-end report and distribute to management.
Hours: Full time. Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00 pm.
• Generous paid time off (sick, vacation)
• 10 paid company holidays per year
• Health w/ prescription drug coverage, dental, and vision insurances
• 401(k) with a guaranteed, generous company match
• Optional Aflac insurance benefits (disability, accident, cancer, hospital, life)
• Continued education support
• Monthly and quarterly incentive rewards
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $25-$35 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience, degree, certifications, and skills.
Posted on October 8, 2021
For more information, contact Jacqueline Pereira by filling out the form below or call 908-850-9700.