Cedarwood Landscaping, Inc in Chester is looking for an full-time experienced Horticulturist.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Willing to work in all types of weather on various landscape maintenance accounts and projects, primarily consisting of fine gardening and turf maintenance as well as plant installation. Turf fertilization and weed control duties are also included.
- Other responsibilities may also include helping with landscape construction projects, as well as helping with the installation and management of landscape lighting and irrigation.
- Create opportunities to upsell to our customers, assisting in the establishment of a strong work schedule for our team.
- Organize and complete the afternoon loading of materials and equipment in preparation of the next day’s assignments.
- Take the lead in training routine maintenance crews to ensure that all operations are in compliance & efficient.
- Take the lead/assist in snow and ice management services including organization of crews and providing ‘hands on’ work.
- Ensure that all tools & equipment, including assigned vehicle, are proactively maintained and managed in such a manner that they provide an efficient and positive working environment.
- Assist with organizing the project schedule, equipment purchasing decisions and inventory/ordering of materials.
- Act as a ‘conduit’ between our office personnel, field personnel, and subcontractors, providing information and general support as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as requested/required. Enjoy being a ‘Jack of all trades’.
- Willing to work in all types of weather on multiple types of projects.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License is a must.
- Minimum (3) years of experience in the landscape industry showing a diversity of talents with a strong emphasis on positive people skills.
- Minimum (3) years as a crew supervisor/foreman
- Minimum of (3) years of snow removal experience
- NJ Pesticide license preferred but not necessary.
- We are 100% smoke, drug and alcohol free and candidates must be willing to submit to appropriate testing.
- Competitive salary including a profit sharing plan and appropriate overtime
- Quality medical and dental plans
- Paid vacations, holidays, personal and sick days
Posted on March 11, 2019
For more information, contact Cathy by filling out the form below or call 908-879-8986.