Position: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Temp-to-Perm
Location: Hackettstown, NJ
The main role of the Administrative Assistant is to act as support for the accounting department and management of a company. The daily activities of the administrative assistant include answering the telephone, filing and assisting visitors. Accounting tasks, such as invoicing, preparing deposits and applying customer payments, compiling commission reports and processing accounts payable invoices are also completed.
An administrative assistant needs to be skilled in mathematics, communication, time management and possess strong typing skills. It is also important to have an excellent grasp of English grammar and spelling, work well with others and be detail oriented.
What the Administrative Assistant is doing:
• First point of contact to answer phone and direct inquiries to the appropriate department
• Prepare daily bank deposit and apply payments to customer accounts
• Process credit card payments
• Correspond with customer regarding delinquent balances and statement requests
• Prepare daily invoicing and update tracking info for shipped goods and file accordingly
• Post specific customer invoices to the customer’s portal
• Process assigned accounts payable invoices and reconcile statements
• Prepare commission reports and distribute to outside agents monthly
• Arrange hotel accommodations for visitors
• Arrange lunches for group meetings/trainings
• Get and distribute mail daily
• Maintain the kitchen supplies
• Liaison with building maintenance
What experience the Administrative Assistant needs to have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent, at least 2 years of college preferred or equivalent experience.
• Strong Keyboard Skills
• Experienced in Microsoft office software – Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experience with Microsoft AX or other MRP system a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent math skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience in customer service
• Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
• US Citizen or permanent residence (green card) required due to gov’t contract requirements
Our Client provides comprehensive benefits upon hire, including 100% company paid medical benefits; life insurance; 401k; and bonus!
Jersey Staffing and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To Apply, submit your resume at: https://mycompas.net/jersey-staffing-powered-by-compas/?rpid=197327&postid=67QXPQ7X3M8&webapp=1
Posted on March 11, 2019
For more information, contact Recruitment by filling out the form below.